Jump to content
Jerry Lundegaard

Shout out to...

Recommended Posts

The guy in the H KAUFER #19 custom jersey in section 8 row 17 today. Good job screaming like a psychopath at the young girl who stood up for 7 seconds to take a picture of her friends. In the second period of a 5-1 game in January. Then minutes later bellyaching, loud enough for me to hear, about three 6 year olds having homemade, cute little "go devils" signs, that weren't even in your way. I truly felt embarrassed sitting near you, as did everyone else. Then at the end of the period getting in the face of the girl's bf, saying, he doesn't watch hockey so he shouldn't be there. I couldn't be more impressed by how well the young kids kept their cool and not knocking you back to 1950. And I couldn't be any less impressed by how a guy in his late 50s/early 60s acted like an absolute child. 

 

You seemed to be a season ticket holder, so I hope you're on this forum. Here's some thoughts to not embarrass yourself like that again.

 I understand that people aren't supposed to stand up during play, but act like a human being and go the polite route. Say excuse me can you please sit down we can't see. Then maybe later, offer to take a picture of the two couples. This way everyone is friends and you come out looking like a great guy. She was in my way too, but it was 5-1 against Ottawa on January 21, relax, you're not missing the Stanley cup being raised. 

Or you can just hang out for 3 more seconds and the whole traumatic experience of not seeing the game for 10 seconds will be over. You checked your email 3 times during play, so I don't act like you were deeply involved into watching the game.

You can only talk to someone's girl like that with the comfort of security guards all around you. If you were in a bar, and talked to some 20 year olds gf like that, you would be eating out of a tube for 2 months. Treat people with respect. That's a cowardly move to speak like that to a girl, especially when you know there's going to be no repercussions. 

I normally wouldn't have the energy to write a whole post about something like this, but that was the single worst display of human relations I've ever seen at a devils game. I've seen friendlier fist fights during rangers-devils games.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your section should've gotten the 'ol ASSSSSSHOOOOLE chant up and directed at the guy. Sounds like it would've been well-earned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey. That's me.

just kidding. fvck that guy. I hope he posts here, I'd love to hear his response. And you're absolutely right, if he didn't have security near him, he would have been picking up chiqlits off the ground.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He doesn't post here. I actually sat next to him every year until this year. Truth is he is a good guy. 

 

 I can assure you that he did ask quietly 2 or 3 times before he gets loud and annoyed. He's been doing it for years. 

It is annoying when people get up and sit down constantly during play. They're at the game but have no interest in the game. 

He does get too hot at times and he's an acquired taste but he's not s bad guy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, sundstrom said:

He doesn't post here. I actually sat next to him every year until this year. Truth is he is a good guy. 

 

 I can assure you that he did ask quietly 2 or 3 times before he gets loud and annoyed. He's been doing it for years. 

It is annoying when people get up and sit down constantly during play. They're at the game but have no interest in the game. 

He does get too hot at times and he's an acquired taste but he's not s bad guy. 

Hey H Kauffer, glad to see you do actually post on here.

But I'll pretend like you're not that guy. 1) No he's not a good guy. If you speak like that to another human being you are the bottom of the barrel in society and deserve to be treated as such. 2) I already said that you shouldn't get up during a game, that's been established. But if you can't handle yourself like an adult in public, don't come. Period. 3) They were watching the game, and enjoying themselves. Like I said he was checking his email during play, so you could say he wasn't paying attention either. 4)They didn't get up and sit down constantly, it was literally ONE time. I was there. You supposedly weren't.  Stop trying to make excuses for yourself/this terrible human.

5) This is my favorite, oh you can assure me he asked 2 or 3 times before he got loud? A)Like I said, they stood up once for 7-10 seconds. That's 1 polite request every 3 seconds, you can't talk that fast. B) I was there, he didn't ask politely once, he screamed like an animal the first time. Embarrassing himself, his wife, and everyone he was at the game with. After he got into the kids face after the period, a handful of people in the row went up to the kid and basically said "hey he was wrong, just keep your cool and forget about that guy"

6)There is no "aquired taste" at a public event. You're either a genuinely good person or you're a rude lowlife. 

7)Let's not forget minutes later he was bitching about three 6 year olds who were excited to have their cute little signs. The kids were holding them at chest level too, not even over their heads. Chest level on a 6 year old is like 3 feet tall. Plus they were 2 rows down, so that's like 1 foot high. I don't even want to hear your excuse for that.

In the end, stop sticking up for yourself/this guy. Take the L and try and better person to other people. That is all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Jerry Lundegaard said:

Hey H Kauffer, glad to see you do actually post on here.

But I'll pretend like you're not that guy. 1) No he's not a good guy. If you speak like that to another human being you are the bottom of the barrel in society and deserve to be treated as such. 2) I already said that you shouldn't get up during a game, that's been established. But if you can't handle yourself like an adult in public, don't come. Period. 3) They were watching the game, and enjoying themselves. Like I said he was checking his email during play, so you could say he wasn't paying attention either. 4)They didn't get up and sit down constantly, it was literally ONE time. I was there. You supposedly weren't.  Stop trying to make excuses for yourself/this terrible human.

5) This is my favorite, oh you can assure me he asked 2 or 3 times before he got loud? A)Like I said, they stood up once for 7-10 seconds. That's 1 polite request every 3 seconds, you can't talk that fast. B) I was there, he didn't ask politely once, he screamed like an animal the first time. Embarrassing himself, his wife, and everyone he was at the game with. After he got into the kids face after the period, a handful of people in the row went up to the kid and basically said "hey he was wrong, just keep your cool and forget about that guy"

6)There is no "aquired taste" at a public event. You're either a genuinely good person or you're a rude lowlife. 

7)Let's not forget minutes later he was bitching about three 6 year olds who were excited to have their cute little signs. The kids were holding them at chest level too, not even over their heads. Chest level on a 6 year old is like 3 feet tall. Plus they were 2 rows down, so that's like 1 foot high. I don't even want to hear your excuse for that.

In the end, stop sticking up for yourself/this guy. Take the L and try and better person to other people. That is all.

I can assure you, Sundstrom is not H Kauffer.  A lot of other people who post here have met Sundstrom and will tell you the same thing.  I can also assure you that H Kauffer doesn't post here.

I actually have also sat next to H at games over the past five or so years before he moved his seats.  I've seen him do similar things to what you described (he gets particularly annoyed when people don't get to their seats before play re-starts), but not as intense as you're describing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jerry - I'd suggest taking a look at who you're talking to. 

 

I am not that guy. 

 

But it I will say congrats on never doing any a$$hole like things in your life. Must be nice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I can assure you, Sundstrom is not H Kauffer.  A lot of other people who post here have met Sundstrom and will tell you the same thing.  I can also assure you that H Kauffer doesn't post here.

I actually have also sat next to H at games over the past five or so years before he moved his seats.  I've seen him do similar things to what you described (he gets particularly annoyed when people don't get to their seats before play re-starts), but not as intense as you're describing.

Okay then I apologize to sundstrom. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, sundstrom said:

Jerry - I'd suggest taking a look at who you're talking to. 

 

I am not that guy. 

 

But it I will say congrats on never doing any a$$hole like things in your life. Must be nice. 

I didn't say that I've never been an a$$hole in my life. But you should reach maturity at some point and learn how to talk to people. Apparently those 20-something year olds have reached that point, and unfortunately H Kauffer has yet to reach that milestone in triple the time.

You continuing to defend this guy and calling him a good guy is childish in itself. You're going to sit there and tell me someone who complains about a bunch of children with signs, trying to get on the jumbotron,(and they did eventually and it looked like it made their life complete lol), is a good person? Unfortunately we'll have to agree to strongly disagree. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any person or people who stand up during play deserve ridicule. They don't have any respect for other fans who are sitting behind them. I'm not saying I would yell but I definitely would ask them to sit down. It would be nice if security was around to tell these newbies that there's a game going on with season ticket holders who want to watch the action. Not have them coming late and just plowing into their seats while play is going on. You're supposed to wait for a stoppage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jesus Christ guys it's a hockey game. A Thursday night non divisional 5-0 lead hockey game in January. If they only did it once and he flipped out like that, he's mental. I get frustrated when people don't follow the rules too -- if you stand up in the middle of play a few times, I'll probably tell you to sit down or get a security guard. If they stood up once, I wouldn't even think about it. 

The part about the little kids with signs is infuriating. That distinctly makes him 'not' a good guy. That's fine that he's an 'acquired taste', but the people that know him obviously can see that this is something he would do, and that's pathetic. 

Again, I'm basing these opinions off of one persons story. But, if they're true, he seems like the type of person who would have a meltdown if a waitress got his order slightly wrong. Those people suck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Derek21 said:

Any person or people who stand up during play deserve ridicule. They don't have any respect for other fans who are sitting behind them. I'm not saying I would yell but I definitely would ask them to sit down. It would be nice if security was around to tell these newbies that there's a game going on with season ticket holders who want to watch the action. Not have them coming late and just plowing into their seats while play is going on. You're supposed to wait for a stoppage.

Apparently you decided not to read what I said and just talk in circles. I gave 2 examples of how to act. Screaming like a kook wasnt one. It wasn't a group of people standing up going to their seats. It was a young girl, half crouched taking a picture for less than 10 seconds. There's no justification for this lowlife. Like I said, the girl was in my way too, it was 5-1 at the time, you're not missing anything. There's no need to act like a child who just got their toy taken away. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

Jesus Christ guys it's a hockey game. A Thursday night non divisional 5-0 lead hockey game in January. If they only did it once and he flipped out like that, he's mental. I get frustrated when people don't follow the rules too -- if you stand up in the middle of play a few times, I'll probably tell you to sit down or get a security guard. If they stood up once, I wouldn't even think about it. 

The part about the little kids with signs is infuriating. That distinctly makes him 'not' a good guy. That's fine that he's an 'acquired taste', but the people that know him obviously can see that this is something he would do, and that's pathetic. 

Again, I'm basing these opinions off of one persons story. But, if they're true, he seems like the type of person who would have a meltdown if a waitress got his order slightly wrong. Those people suck.

That's exactly what I imagine. "I SAID CHEESEBURGER WITH NO CHEESE, GET YOUR MANAGER OUT HERE"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What about people who stand up in response to the action. Everyone is always standing up during play. I get that it would be more annoying if it was unrelated to what's going, but stand up to see over them. It's not a movie, it's a hockey game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, thecoffeecake said:

What about people who stand up in response to the action. Everyone is always standing up during play. I get that it would be more annoying if it was unrelated to what's going, but stand up to see over them. It's not a movie, it's a hockey game.

Yeah I've sat down low before and gotten yelled at for standing up during a breakaway or 2-on-1. That's another option. If he wanted to see that bad, you could always stand up. But again, nothing important was going on. Ottawa had the puck in the NJ end, just cycling the puck. 

I know I feel like I'm beating a dead horse at this point. But the moral of the story, be nice to people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like the guy is pretty much a jerk, but I wasn't there, so I won't judge.  I do get a little angry when people stand up during play or are walking to their seats after the action has restarted, but unless they're clearly not paying attention or making an effort to sit down or be done with whatever they're doing in a reasonable amount of time, there's no way I'm acting like that guy supposedly did.  Especially with the little kids.

 

Everyone pays to see the action and tickets surely aren't cheap, and yeah adults should know better, but a little common courtesy goes a long way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jerry Lundegaard said:

Yeah I've sat down low before and gotten yelled at for standing up during a breakaway or 2-on-1. That's another option. If he wanted to see that bad, you could always stand up. But again, nothing important was going on. Ottawa had the puck in the NJ end, just cycling the puck. 

I know I feel like I'm beating a dead horse at this point. But the moral of the story, be nice to people.

Yea fvck that. I am going to be engaged in the game, and I don't care if some season ticket holder who thinks they're there to be catered to doesn't like it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jerry Lundegaard said:

Apparently you decided not to read what I said and just talk in circles. I gave 2 examples of how to act. Screaming like a kook wasnt one. It wasn't a group of people standing up going to their seats. It was a young girl, half crouched taking a picture for less than 10 seconds. There's no justification for this lowlife. Like I said, the girl was in my way too, it was 5-1 at the time, you're not missing anything. There's no need to act like a child who just got their toy taken away. 

Well, screaming at a girl looks bad. But that doesn't make the person a lowlife either. I also hate when people stand up. I don't sit close to the ice. So, when people stand, you can't see anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.