The Marty Night thread

MadDog2020

that's a fair point and I understand what you are saying.  I'll be the first to post here in a few days if we get those 2 items to give them credit for keeping things the same, and who knows maybe they will have a center ice program similar to the other center ice retirement issues (and the book is just something separate).  Brodeur is certainly worthy of having a standard center ice program and his own book

But I know they changed the SGA for Chico from the ones we got from Doc Emrick, which I was a big fan of those photo prints they handed out (for Doc, the 3 retirements and the goalie coach).  so if they changed that, they could also change it for Brodeur's (granted his is a much bigger night than Chico).  and then there were comments from people saying they got emails about a special ticket but nothing for the banner.

You are overreacting again.  The tickets are in addition to the banners they will be handing out.  Don't look to hard into the FB groups as the people there are over-dramatic and very reactionary without thinking.  When you walk in you will def be getting that banner and the ticket and more likely than not the photo-card (which I never cared for anyways).

Those Doc, Chico and other nights were just honor nights and the Devils are notorious for not being consistent with those.  Hell Daneyko got his own honor night a season or two before his retirement night.  I wouldn't look into those honor nights to compare with the actual retirement nights.  The Niedermayer night was half-assed a bit and that was because JVB couldn't really afford it.

I wouldn't count on regular programs.  They might have special lineup cards that they have been handing out, but I wouldn't bet on full-fledged programs.  Who knows I might be wrong though.  However keep in mind the Devils were one of the few teams to actually print programs and charge for them.  Most teams in the league switched to those lineup cards years ago and have been handing those out for free.

Random question pertaining to tomorrow..

I had MPFL reconstructive surgery on my knee last week (can supply nasty pics for those interested) and I'm stuck in this awful, locking, full leg brace.  I'm 6'2" so sitting in the 200s isn't going to work without bending my knee.  I called up ticketing and they said the game is obviously sold out so they can't relocate me, but Guest Services might be able to accomodate.  Has anybody had any experiences working with guest services?  Just curious what I should be prepared for.  Really hoping I won't have to stand and watch the whole ceremony/game.

Not sure if this is the right place to post this. I have 2 tickets available for tonight's An Evening With Marty event. 

I am asking for $120 each/$240 for the pair, or best offer as we get closer to the evening; the only disclaimer being I don't have them on my account to print, will be picking them up at the check-in area (and won't be getting there til 6:30 or so); so you'd have to meet me in person. And may be a few minutes late if they do in fact start at 6:30 as is advertised.

I know people have a problem with STHs selling stuff at what appears like a profit, but everything comes at a cost. I traded these tickets to a friend for Devils-Flyers away tickets. He can no longer make this but I'm still using his Flyers tickets, so I'm selling these at $120 each to recoup the fair amount that I'll pay him for his Flyers tickets (in case you needed an explanation; selling STH rewards has become a controversial topic with non-STHs these days).

Edited by DJ Eco

You are overreacting again.  The tickets are in addition to the banners they will be handing out.  Don't look to hard into the FB groups as the people there are over-dramatic and very reactionary without thinking.  When you walk in you will def be getting that banner and the ticket and more likely than not the photo-card (which I never cared for anyways).

Those Doc, Chico and other nights were just honor nights and the Devils are notorious for not being consistent with those.  Hell Daneyko got his own honor night a season or two before his retirement night.  I wouldn't look into those honor nights to compare with the actual retirement nights.  The Niedermayer night was half-assed a bit and that was because JVB couldn't really afford it.

I wouldn't count on regular programs.  They might have special lineup cards that they have been handing out, but I wouldn't bet on full-fledged programs.  Who knows I might be wrong though.  However keep in mind the Devils were one of the few teams to actually print programs and charge for them.  Most teams in the league switched to those lineup cards years ago and have been handing those out for free.

thanks for the post.  Hope you are right.  

the Dano night was in 04, I remember that well, there was a lot of buzz about them retiring his jersey that night and the crowd was cheering for the jersey retirement.  they had a bobblehead that night (which was nicely made, other than not having much of a likeness to #3), but the quality was solid other than that.

Looking back, I'm glad they waited and had #4 go up first.  I know Dano was their first, but I think it was proper to have the captain go first.  After all of the great times they had for those 10 plus years with Stevens and him being such a great captain, he had to be the first jersey.

Not sure if this is the right place to post this. I have 2 tickets available for tonight's An Evening With Marty event. 

I am asking for $120 each/$240 for the pair, or best offer as we get closer to the evening; the only disclaimer being I don't have them on my account to print, will be picking them up at the check-in area (and won't be getting there til 6:30 or so); so you'd have to meet me in person. And may be a few minutes late if they do in fact start at 6:30 as is advertised.

For $120 each I can do it.

Any chance I can meet you come place earlier in the day to get the tickets??

that's a fair point and I understand what you are saying.  I'll be the first to post here in a few days if we get those 2 items to give them credit for keeping things the same, and who knows maybe they will have a center ice program similar to the other center ice retirement issues (and the book is just something separate).  Brodeur is certainly worthy of having a standard center ice program and his own book

But I know they changed the SGA for Chico from the ones we got from Doc Emrick, which I was a big fan of those photo prints they handed out (for Doc, the 3 retirements and the goalie coach).  so if they changed that, they could also change it for Brodeur's (granted his is a much bigger night than Chico).  and then there were comments from people saying they got emails about a special ticket but nothing for the banner.

I mentioned that the email only referred to the commemorative ticket in response to a question about whether it mentioned the banner and print.  I fully expect the mini banner to be handed out, as well.  Not sure about the print.

I mentioned that the email only referred to the commemorative ticket in response to a question about whether it mentioned the banner and print.  I fully expect the mini banner to be handed out, as well.  Not sure about the print.

thanks for the info.  Definitely hope that's the case.

that patch is awesome!  I saw some people listing it already, hope I see it for sale tomorrow night.  I think they should wear for the game too (they said a patch only for warm ups).  (unless the main retirement logo is for the game)

I'm glad they have the other patch too (although I wish they didn't deviate from the logo, it doesn't say retirement and doesn't show the net as the logo does)

Edited by GIANTS79

for the Marty Statue, I was hoping to get more details:

Will they are this on MSG in the pre game?  If I have to work late, do you know if they'll air it on the Devils website live?

I know there is a coin given out to those who are going, Is the ticket nice (have an image of Marty or the statue on it or is it just a ticket master type of ticket)

thanks

Random question pertaining to tomorrow..

I had MPFL reconstructive surgery on my knee last week (can supply nasty pics for those interested) and I'm stuck in this awful, locking, full leg brace.  I'm 6'2" so sitting in the 200s isn't going to work without bending my knee.  I called up ticketing and they said the game is obviously sold out so they can't relocate me, but Guest Services might be able to accomodate.  Has anybody had any experiences working with guest services?  Just curious what I should be prepared for.  Really hoping I won't have to stand and watch the whole ceremony/game.

I had this situation with  my husband.  We went to guest services, and they relocated him to the handicapped section closest to our seats.  He was the only one allowed to sit there, the rest of us sat in our paid seats.  It wasn't a hassle otherwise.  Of course, it was a regular game, nothing like this.  Good luck and I hope you recover quickly.

I had this situation with  my husband.  We went to guest services, and they relocated him to the handicapped section closest to our seats.  He was the only one allowed to sit there, the rest of us sat in our paid seats.  It wasn't a hassle otherwise.  Of course, it was a regular game, nothing like this.  Good luck and I hope you recover quickly.

Thanks for the info.  Kind of a bummer I'm going to have to watch the game alone but it's better than standing.

OK I am unbelievably frustrated, found tickets for $140 each, which I was willing to pay, ( normal price is probably $25, but I get it.. no issues), I goto check out and there are an additional $52 in ticket master fees?  are you freakin kiddingme? its obscene!!

OK I am unbelievably frustrated, found tickets for $140 each, which I was willing to pay, ( normal price is probably $25, but I get it.. no issues), I goto check out and there are an additional $52 in ticket master fees?  are you freakin kiddingme? its obscene!!

This is how ticketmaster has been for so many years now. Shouldn't really surprise you even though I absolutely agree that it's a scam.