The Marty Night thread

MadDog2020

Wow, some Ranger fans being douchey...who ever would've seen that coming? 

Waiting on the line to get my photo with the statue, Stanley Cup and the vezina trophy. I'll probably leave after the picture cause I'm dvring the game anyway but this was such a nice night and setup by the Devils. Im rather critically of the way the front office has run stuff in the past but I think they deserve some kudos for this tonight. 

On my only negative note, trying to watch the game on the scoreboard screen here really makes it show it's age since I never pay attention to it during the game. It's really hard to follow the puck on it. Would be lovely to see an upgrade to it in the upcoming seasons. 

If you show up to something like this and do that, you deserve to have the sh!t kicked out of you. You're basically begging for it.

Shame of it is Devils fans allowed it.....turn it around.. Let 3 Devils fans go to the Garden or to Philly like that,pretty sure we all know how that would go.

Edited by hit the post

Surprisingly really well run event. The line for the photos with the statue, Cup, and Vezina moved quickly, lots of food, cool setup. I agree with SH (I think) in how apparent it is that we need a new scoreboard already - shame this arena opened just before the trend towards all-screen scoreboards (a la Tampa and Anaheim) started.

Ran into a good bit of luck tonight - reached the statue for the photo op as the first period ended, wound up right in front of the stage as Marty came back out for trivia, then wound up winning the first round and got an autographed Mike Cammalleri jersey. Then later in the night my row won the train race thing and got Andy Greene pucks. I've had a seriously sh!tty run since moving last summer so that made for a nice night. Can't wait for tomorrow.

Surprisingly really well run event. The line for the photos with the statue, Cup, and Vezina moved quickly, lots of food, cool setup. I agree with SH (I think) in how apparent it is that we need a new scoreboard already - shame this arena opened just before the trend towards all-screen scoreboards (a la Tampa and Anaheim) started.

Ran into a good bit of luck tonight - reached the statue for the photo op as the first period ended, wound up right in front of the stage as Marty came back out for trivia, then wound up winning the first round and got an autographed Mike Cammalleri jersey. Then later in the night my row won the train race thing and got Andy Greene pucks. I've had a seriously sh!tty run since moving last summer so that made for a nice night. Can't wait for tomorrow.

I meant to post here before that I saw your name up there on the board, was cool to see someone from the boards here win! Congrats! 

GREAT event, amazing setup, and a lot of fun. You can't beat free, especially open bar, and all the memorabilia and trophies on hand. I was surprised to see the food line so long while the bars were pretty empty. I wasn't aiming on eating anyway so I took advantage of the bar. You really can't beat open bar.

A side note though: it's bewildering to see people complain still about an event like that (thankfully not on here yet). It must be a thing of the times, it's not a generational thing like people always say it is; the whole complaining thing. I heard older people complaining, parents of kids complaining. I don't know what's got into people of this era, it's incredible really. Social media has just enabled everyone of this era to become whiny needy pricks, both online and now in person. So freaking needy. You could hand these people a pot of gold and they'd complain that the pot was too rusty and you got their hands dirty. It's unreal.

• Like 1

I heard this woman complaining about the food lines for the entire time she was on line, not one break from complaining. fvck, lady, it's free food and there are 5000+ people here, how did you think that's gonna play out? 

Other people complaining that they left during the first period and didn't get their commemorative coin.

Someone else was legit getting into it with a bartender (while he was serving other people) because she was upset that it was only wine and beer that were free and not cocktails. "I don't drink wine or beer."

Where the fvck do these people come from?!?!?!

GREAT event, amazing setup, and a lot of fun. You can't beat free, especially open bar, and all the memorabilia and trophies on hand. I was surprised to see the food line so long while the bars were pretty empty. I wasn't aiming on eating anyway so I took advantage of the bar. You really can't beat open bar.

A side note though: it's bewildering to see people complain still about an event like that (thankfully not on here yet). It must be a thing of the times, it's not a generational thing like people always say it is; the whole complaining thing. I heard older people complaining, parents of kids complaining. I don't know what's got into people of this era, it's incredible really. Social media has just enabled everyone of this era to become whiny needy pricks, both online and now in person. So freaking needy. You could hand these people a pot of gold and they'd complain that the pot was too rusty and you got their hands dirty. It's unreal.

I remember when the saying was "You'll never make everyone happy, no matter what you do."  Sometimes it feels like "No matter what you do, you'll never make ANYONE happy."

From the pics and accounts, it sounds like last night was a great event.  Wish I could've been there. 

Some people in the garage elevator were complaining about it when I was leaving. "The organizational aspect sure leaves an awful lot to be desired," the father said. I said, " I thought it was great. I don't really see what more they could do to accommodate this many people for this kind of an event." Followed by total silence, the four of them self-consciously staring at each other until the doors opened and they got off.

Some people in the garage elevator were complaining about it when I was leaving. "The organizational aspect sure leaves an awful lot to be desired," the father said. I said, " I thought it was great. I don't really see what more they could do to accommodate this many people for this kind of an event." Followed by total silence, the four of them self-consciously staring at each other until the doors opened and they got off.

People are expecting them to have the entire Prudential Center and Devils staff working an event like this. That's not how it works. Can't have everyone on the payroll racking up overtime a night that literally not even a dollar will be spent at the arena. Not unless you want the Devils to be close to bankrupt again.

Edited by DJ Eco