The Marty Night thread

MadDog2020

Btw, the official game puck that will be used next week is already on eBay. Someone must have an inside source...
This puck?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MARTIN-BRODEUR-NEW-JERSEY-DEVILS-OFFICIAL-RETIREMENT-GAME-PUCK-2-9-30-HTF-/391376605355?hash=item5b1fdd10ab:g:DmMAAOSwX~dWr5Rt

Yep, that's the one. Definitely gotta grab one of those next week, I'm sure the Devils Den will have them.

I notice on the email for the Monday night event that it says "Please be sure to bring your Membership card" in bold. Does this mean I have to be present in order for everyone I've invited to get in? I'm asking because I'm intending to be there pretty much right at 5:00, but I know some of the people who I've given tickets won't get there that early.

8 hours ago, Zubie#8 said:

So I have been looking at the future models and they are projecting a nor'easter off the coast near the 9th and 10th.

If this comes to fruition lets all pray to God it is on the 10th and not the 9th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where? I just checked nj.com all i see is rain

More Marty retirement stuff on e-bay:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xmartin+brodeur+retirement+puck.TRS0&_nkw=martin+brodeur+retirement+puck&_sacat=0

Four listings for the red pucks I mentioned earlier (would love to know how the listers get their hands on this stuff).

One pretty cool item is the 27" x 37" version of the Brodeur retirement banner.  Don't have the room for that myself. 

5 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

I heard some more stuff about this storm this morning, and the possibility of a Tuesday storm seems to be gaining some traction. Man do I hope it misses us...

National Weather Service forecast for Tuesday says " A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 39. Chance of precipitation is 30%. " Doesn't sound too bad.

Edited by Brick Pig

You guys are looking at a basic forecast, look at the model runs of the GFS and EURO. They are hinting at a potential noreaster, if these models continue to show this over the next few days you will see that basic 7 day forecast change.

But please for the love of God I hope the low pressure will either go far enough out to sea or stay far enough inland to give us rain.

4 minutes ago, Zubie#8 said:

You guys are looking at a basic forecast, look at the model runs of the GFS and EURO. They are hinting at a potential noreaster, if these models continue to show this over the next few days you will see that basic 7 day forecast change.

But please for the love of God I hope the low pressure will either go far enough out to sea or stay far enough inland to give us rain.

I never put the effort into learning how these things work but the construction company I work for also plows and the forecasts they look at are more often then not more accurate than the national weather service and the like.  Right now the ones they use show snow as well. 

I live in Sussex but took the day off, as well as the other 3 people that are going with me.  I plan on getting there early but I don't care what happens, I am going to be there, even if I have to buy snow shoes.  One thing I hope doesn't happen is if the Rock doesn't get packed.  It would be a shame.

Zubie, what day would be safe to say those models are 90% accurate?  Sunday?

More Marty retirement stuff on e-bay:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xmartin+brodeur+retirement+puck.TRS0&_nkw=martin+brodeur+retirement+puck&_sacat=0

Four listings for the red pucks I mentioned earlier (would love to know how the listers get their hands on this stuff).

One pretty cool item is the 27" x 37" version of the Brodeur retirement banner.  Don't have the room for that myself. 

Wow, quite a few pucks- whoever the sellers are obviously know someone on the inside somewhere...

I never put the effort into learning how these things work but the construction company I work for also plows and the forecasts they look at are more often then not more accurate than the national weather service and the like.  Right now the ones they use show snow as well. 

I live in Sussex but took the day off, as well as the other 3 people that are going with me.  I plan on getting there early but I don't care what happens, I am going to be there, even if I have to buy snow shoes.  One thing I hope doesn't happen is if the Rock doesn't get packed.  It would be a shame.

If there is a crippling nor'easter, they have to rain check it to another night. You cannot have an event of this magnitude in a major snowstorm. It's not fair to anyone involved.

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

Wow, quite a few pucks- whoever the sellers are obviously know someone on the inside somewhere...

The amount made we wonder if they're already available at the arena...that some fans bought them last night and then put them up as a "why not, I might get someone to bite" kind of thing.  Part of me is tempted to snag one (just in case), but I've gotta think they'll be available at the time that I'm going.  Planning on getting there right around 4:30.

The amount made we wonder if they're already available at the arena...that some fans bought them last night and then put them up as a "why not, I might get someone to bite" kind of thing.  Part of me is tempted to snag one (just in case), but I've gotta think they'll be available at the time that I'm going.  Planning on getting there right around 4:30.

True, that's certainly possible... I was thinking of doing the same, but I'm hoping to be there by 5 myself, so I'd rather wait and pay a normal price for the pucks rather then shell out eBay prices if I don't have to.

Agree.  Makes far more sense to wait.  I'll be there on Saturday anyway with my daughter, so if they're available then, I'll pay a nice, non-ebay price.  If not...I'll take my chances on Tuesday (assuming weather doesn't bugger this whole thing up).  Find it hard to imagine there will be a Walmart stampede for these things...

Having people near the banner really gives you an idea as to the scale of these things.

The Nieds banner being off seems destined to be one of life's great mysteries.  I think my story is actually somewhat accurate, in terms of the very basics:  the banner got there very late, it was immediately obvious that it wasn't correct, but there wasn't any time to do anything about it, so a "they'll never notice the lens is gone" approach was taken.  I'm guessing the final year did read 2005 and not 2004 initially, and something was done last-second (probably right at the Pru Center) to fix it (why else would the "4" be that much different than the rest of the numbers)? 

I just wonder why the banner wasn't corrected in the offseason.  It really does look odd next to the others, and Brodeur's being correct will only add to that.

7 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

Pucks are already available in the Devils den, boys. I saw them on their official snapchat last night.

Yep, had a feeling...just some guys on ebay hoping to make a quick buck.  No one's biting though.  Thanks for the head's up!

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

I think that if you get there early enough on Tues, you should be OK...I can't see them being sold out of all that stuff by the time the doors open (really sh!tty planning and ordering on their part if that were to happen).  This definitely isn't a "Camp out for a week to get a Playstation 3" kind of thing, as far as the merchandise goes.  The fact that the stuff currently listed isn't going for all that much (all things considered) tells me that the sellers know the stuff they have isn't yet hard to find.    

BTW is there is a link to that snapchat?  Didn't even know they had one.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

I'm new to all of this. I want to get a shirt, banner, puck, and other merch. I'll be at the Prudential Center around 4:00 on the day of the game. Should I be worried about supply? Would it make sense to make the hike to the Prudential Center in advance? 

You don't have to worry about a banner, everyone in attendance gets a free mini-banner.

I would say Saturday we will have a good idea. The last few days I checked the GFS model and it keeps showing a strong low pressure system off of our coast which is not good at all. Really hoping these models change.

2 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Having people near the banner really gives you an idea as to the scale of these things.

The Nieds banner being off seems destined to be one of life's great mysteries.  I think my story is actually somewhat accurate, in terms of the very basics:  the banner got there very late, it was immediately obvious that it wasn't correct, but there wasn't any time to do anything about it, so a "they'll never notice the lens is gone" approach was taken.  I'm guessing the final year did read 2005 and not 2004 initially, and something was done last-second (probably right at the Pru Center) to fix it (why else would the "4" be that much different than the rest of the numbers)? 

I just wonder why the banner wasn't corrected in the offseason.  It really does look odd next to the others, and Brodeur's being correct will only add to that.

Yep, had a feeling...just some guys on ebay hoping to make a quick buck.  No one's biting though.  Thanks for the head's up!

I don't get the use of 1990.  I know that was his draft year and the year he technically joined the organization (like Daneyko) but it seems dopey to me.  I would rather that they all list the years of the first and last NHL regular season or playoff games for the NJ Devils.

I was hoping that they would splurge and redo the years/fonts to have all four be correct, have only 1 of each and put them down on the end on either side of the Cup banners (Daneyko Stevens 95 00 03 Niedermayer Brodeur).  I obviously didn't have my hopes up.

Edited by BCdevil