The Marty Night thread

33 minutes ago, BCdevil said:

This is silly, but they are not exactly the same.  They are missing the stray white notch on the lower right side of the outer red ring.  It drove me crazy that the notch was there on the first three.  It will now drive me crazy that there is not one.

I'll have to take a closer look (and hopefully will be able to get one tuesday and can compare them with the others).  But I definitely appreciate your attention to detail.

the one thing that did bother me about the last one (#27) is that it was a different shade of red and much darker than the first 2 pucks (so while I was glad the style remained for all 3, I was disappointed how much darker #27 was).  not sure if that was every puck for Scott N or just mine.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let's see if this works: Brodeur's retirement "package" will slot under Stevens, and Elias' (can't see his number not being retired, hopefully next season) will be hung under Daneyko.  I threw so

OK, here's what I think might have happened: [the day before the Niedermayer jersey retirement ceremony] "Mr. Lamoriello, the banner people are here with the Niedermayer banner.  Do you want

We're two and a half weeks away, so I figured it's time for this thread. We can talk about all things Marty Night here (are you going? Where are you sitting? Coming in from out of town? All the detail

Posted Images

Looked on eBay and sure enough, the Stevens and Daneyko pucks currently available have that little white mark.  I'm assuming mine at home do (I'm not there so I can't tell).  

Seems like nothing went right with Niedermayer's retirement goodies...that shade of red used on his puck was nowhere near the first two (you can see that in my wall pic...much darker) and it also had that weird number font (similar to his banner). Brodeur's puck and banner have clearly gotten things back on track.

21 hours ago, mfb42183 said:

I meant just have them retire it on sat instead vs washington

Yeah I'm sure that would go over well with the thousands of fans that spent over $100 for tickets to Tuesday's game to see the ceremony.  There is no way they reschedule the ceremony unless they need to reschedule the game itself.  Otherwise it would be completely unfair to everyone who bought a ticket for Tuesday.

37 minutes ago, devilsfan26 said:

Yeah I'm sure that would go over well with the thousands of fans that spent over $100 for tickets to Tuesday's game to see the ceremony.  There is no way they reschedule the ceremony unless they need to reschedule the game itself.  Otherwise it would be completely unfair to everyone who bought a ticket for Tuesday.

looks like no snow so its a moot point right now

I was at the game today and I'm VERY happy that I was.

Devils were already selling all the Marty merchandise.

They printed an AMAZING 116 page limited edition book (only 3,000 made).

The lines for merchandise were out of control and everyone was buying this book.

I picked up 2 books then when i was walking past the Devils Den shops they were all SOLD OUT.

i would be pissed if i was coming to the game on Tuesday and the book is not available ($20)

The Devils said they are all sold out. I don't know if they sold all 3,000 or only released a certain portion today.

I guess we will find out on Tuesday.

Edited by trailblazer

I was at the game today and I'm VERY happy that I was.

Devils were already selling all the Marty merchandise.

They printed an AMAZING 150 page limited edition book (only 3,000 made).

The lines for merchandise were out of control and everyone was buying this book.

I picked up 2 books then when i was walking past the Devils Den shops they were all SOLD OUT.

i would be pissed if i was coming to the game on Tuesday and the book is not available ($20)

The Devils said they are all sold out. I don't know if they sold all 3,000 or only released a certain portion today.

I guess we will find out on Tuesday.

Wouldn't doubt it

Btw, I saw over on HF there was an e-mail sent to the STH's detailing the give-aways for the night. Mini-banner, print, and a special ticket with instructions on how to frame it with the print. Can any of the STH's confirm that?

Btw, I saw over on HF there was an e-mail sent to the STH's detailing the give-aways for the night. Mini-banner, print, and a special ticket with instructions on how to frame it with the print. Can any of the STH's confirm that?

The emails I got only mentioned the special ticket 

Unless I missed a different email, the one that I think you're referring to promises a commemorative ticket, that can be framed with the game program. It doesn't mention a print or mini banner.

I'm curious who will be between the pipes for Marty night with the back to back games. You'd think Cory should be, but with the Rangers on Monday and Edmonton on Marty night, one might think it should be KK against Edmonton.

Or will Cory get both??

Looking more and more likely for just a coastal storm Monday through Wednesday. There is still the potential of something bigger but right now all the models are looking much better! Newark might just get a few inches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you guys know if we will definitely get a print and mini banner?  according to some posts here on page 6, it sounds like that may not happen. (that they were only emailed about a special ticket)

for chico resch night they didn't have the same style program or the print for his night (which they had for for doc night and all the other nights)

from people that reported from the store, it sounds like it's more of a book and not the same type of program that they had for the other 3 nights.

this is why I was concerned about the new owners, they don't seem to care about keeping these events consistent (sga's, programs, etc)

and for them to have things for sale and be sold out before Tuesday is a disgrace.  and how could there not be any kind of retirement pin for sale with the retirement logo?  you see devils fans all throughout the arena with pins all over their jersey (clearly many devils fans care about pins) and yet I haven't seen any pins yet.

as many of you guys have said,, this is suppose to be one of the best nights in our team's regular season history and it just really pisses me off they might have screwed this up (if we don't get the same mini banner and print, having the same type of program for the other 3, etc)

Do you guys know if we will definitely get a print and mini banner?  according to some posts here on page 6, it sounds like that may not happen. (that they were only emailed about a special ticket)

for chico resch night they didn't have the same style program or the print for his night (which they had for for doc night and all the other nights)

from people that reported from the store, it sounds like it's more of a book and not the same type of program that they had for the other 3 nights.

this is why I was concerned about the new owners, they don't seem to care about keeping these events consistent (sga's, programs, etc)

and for them to have things for sale and be sold out before Tuesday is a disgrace.  and how could there not be any kind of retirement pin for sale with the retirement logo?  you see devils fans all throughout the arena with pins all over their jersey (clearly many devils fans care about pins) and yet I haven't seen any pins yet.

as many of you guys have said,, this is suppose to be one of the best nights in our team's regular season history and it just really pisses me off they might have screwed this up (if we don't get the same mini banner and print, having the same type of program for the other 3, etc)

i looked for a pin too to put with all my other ones at work and i was shocked i didn't see one

It's a disgrace.  no pin, no center ice program.  (the book is nice).  but how can you not have a standard $5 to $10 Center ice issue (in the same style as the other 3 retirements)

they didn't have a standard center ice for chico either last year.  it was a small issue (about half the size of the old style center ice programs)  and they didn't have the photo for Chico either.

I'm sure the new owner will screw us over on the mini banner and photo too for Brodeur!