GDT: Thank You Marty. 8pm MSG+

RunninWithTheDevil

Not the prettiest game, but still a solid win nonetheless.

• ALL SITUATIONS
  • Shots: 26-20 Devils
  • Corsi: 39-32 Devils
  • Scoring Chances: 26-15 Devils
  • HD Scoring Chances: 10-8 Devils
  • 5 on 5
  • Shots: 16-13 Devils
  • Corsi: 25-21 Devils
  • Scoring Chances: 18-9 Devils
  • HD Scoring Chances: 7-5 Devils

Fun one.  Schneider made some big stops, Devils seemed to be sleepwalking early, but came on in the later frames.  

Boucher's shot is incredible.  I feel like that's one of the best wristers in the league already, just have to find him the guys to get him time and space, because he's not going to be facing an Oiler level D every night.

What an awesome night. Amazing ceremony, and a big two points. Also great to meet Jimmy Leeds, CR, and MB tonight as well- always great to put faces to names. It was an honor to be there.

Glad I got to see this live.  First class and then some.  And awesome zinger at Bettman's expense by Lou. 

Awesome meeting MD2020, MB, and Leeds.  Got a wave in to DD56.  Just a great night all around.  

And for anyone wondering, mini banners and commemorative ticket were the giveaways tonight.  No banner photos.  

Yeah glad to be sitting in my seat and waiting.  It's madness out there.  Parking is going to be a real bitch for a lot of fans tonight.  

Yeah that was the other thing I was really worried about besides departure time...fortunately me and my friend were able to leave 4:45 and there was still some parking left at the lot we usually go to so I was in the building comfortably before 6.

I'm glad the souvenir lines were so packed, we were able to go through the Stanley Cup picture line during the second intermission with time left over.  I got my program on Sunday, didn't really want the $40 shirts or anything else tbh.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I was lucky enough to meet RWTD, MD and CR tonight. All great people. Thanks again to RWTD for the ticket hook up, really great to put faces to names.

my only SLIGHT disappointment was finding out that they apparently gave away tickets in the little lineup cards? Nobody in my party of 4 got one. That kinda stunk. Ah well, all in all was an incredible display put on by our organization. Loved everything, they really had the place feel like a celebration of Brodwur in each and every detail. Bravo.

If you PM me your address I will mail you mine.  Some slight bends but nothing a few heavy books can't fix.

I was lucky enough to meet RWTD, MD and CR tonight. All great people. Thanks again to RWTD for the ticket hook up, really great to put faces to names.

my only SLIGHT disappointment was finding out that they apparently gave away tickets in the little lineup cards? Nobody in my party of 4 got one. That kinda stunk. Ah well, all in all was an incredible display put on by our organization. Loved everything, they really had the place feel like a celebration of Brodwur in each and every detail. Bravo.

There was actually a box full of them near the top of the exit escalators...that's how I wound up getting one, just before I left (right after Boucher's goal...I'm still under the weather and didn't want to take any chances in case there was more snow out west, where I live). 

Really wish the Devils had manufactured a print like they did with Stevens, Daneyko, and Niedermayer, but I'm not complaining...the ceremony was top-notch, and there will be plenty of great photos available in the near future.  I'll find something worth framing and putting up on my wall. 

Not the prettiest game (again), I'm convinced most of the team has a bug of some sort. Palmieri hinted to it on Monday night. They seem a bit off these last 2 games, while Schneider has continued to look like a brick wall (goalies prepare/practice separately so maybe he didn't get the bug). Some notes:

- Dare I say it, Gionta had his best game all season. Made some great plays, had a really nice hit, did a great job at PK, had a beautiful backhand pass in the 1st period to Zajac which got saved. My distrust with Gionta has made it so my attention to his level of play every shift is heightened lately, but I'm not afraid to admit when he has a really good game. We need more of that from our 4th line. Ditto on Tootoo and Farnham, who also gave Edmonton a tough time all game.

- Boucher's got a sick wrister. I think we've got a good glimpse of what his strengths and weaknesses (which are not many) are by now. I hope coaching staff will structure some plays (like last night's) to play to his strengths; he can score a lot more goals with that wrist shot if given the space and time. He seems unable to create that space, a la Stempniak or Blandisi, but his finish is clinical when given the space and time.

- Our defense continues to look shaky. Similar to the rest of the team outside of Schneider, I really hope it's just the cold/bug going around bringing down their collective level of play and nothing more.

- Blandisi's going to be a VERY good player for us. I don't think I'm jumping the gun anymore by saying that at this point. Regardless what his totals are at the end of this season, I think both HE and the TEAM will benefit greatly once he has a full camp and preseason under his belt next offseason. The only weaknesses I see in his game are just a result of him or his linemates not being on the same page. We saw the same with Kovalchuk early on (not comparing the two, just comparing the symptoms of when they first started; the giveaways). The more he's around the team and vice versa, the more they'll know where he'll be and when, and be able to get on the same page. He is a tricky player to pin down and defend, but right now, also a tricky player to play with if you're one of the other Devils. You never know what he's gonna do; camp and preseason together will change that for sure.

- The atmosphere throughout the game was actually pretty quiet and dull. I thought the games vs. the Capitals and Rangers (where we had much less "Devils fans") were a million times louder. My theory on this was just that there were a lot of returning old school fans who haven't been to a game in a while; and were really there to see Marty and not really to see this group play.

Edited by DJ Eco

Not the prettiest game (again), I'm convinced most of the team has a bug of some sort. Palmieri hinted to it on Monday night. They seem a bit off these last 2 games, while Schneider has continued to look like a brick wall (goalies prepare/practice separately so maybe he didn't get the bug). Some notes:

- Dare I say it, Gionta had his best game all season. Made some great plays, had a really nice hit, did a great job at PK, had a beautiful backhand pass in the 1st period to Zajac which got saved. My distrust with Gionta has made it so my attention to his level of play every shift is heightened lately, but I'm not afraid to admit when he has a really good game. We need more of that from our 4th line. Ditto on Tootoo and Farnham, who also gave Edmonton a tough time all game.

- Boucher's got a sick wrister. I think we've got a good glimpse of what his strengths and weaknesses (which are not many) are by now. I hope coaching staff will structure some plays (like last night's) to play to his strengths; he can score a lot more goals with that wrist shot if given the space and time. He seems unable to create that space, a la Stempniak or Blandisi, but his finish is clinical when given the space and time.

- Our defense continues to look shaky. Similar to the rest of the team outside of Schneider, I really hope it's just the cold/bug going around bringing down their collective level of play and nothing more.

- Blandisi's going to be a VERY good player for us. I don't think I'm jumping the gun anymore by saying that at this point. Regardless what his totals are at the end of this season, I think both HE and the TEAM will benefit greatly once he has a full camp and preseason under his belt next offseason. The only weaknesses I see in his game are just a result of him or his linemates not being on the same page. We saw the same with Kovalchuk early on (not comparing the two, just comparing the symptoms of when they first started; the giveaways). The more he's around the team and vice versa, the more they'll know where he'll be and when, and be able to get on the same page. He is a tricky player to pin down and defend, but right now, also a tricky player to play with if you're one of the other Devils. You never know what he's gonna do; camp and preseason together will change that for sure.

- The atmosphere throughout the game was actually pretty quiet and dull. I thought the games vs. the Capitals and Rangers (where we had much less "Devils fans") were a million times louder. My theory on this was just that there were a lot of returning old school fans who haven't been to a game in a while; and were really there to see Marty and not really to see this group play.

I noticed that it was pretty quiet in there too watching from a computer. It makes sense, though, everyone was there for the ceremony. Even with McDavid on the ice, the game was probably an afterthought to some.

Glad I got to see this live.  First class and then some.  And awesome zinger at Bettman's expense by Lou. 

Awesome meeting MD2020, MB, and Leeds.  Got a wave in to DD56.  Just a great night all around.  

And for anyone wondering, mini banners and commemorative ticket were the giveaways tonight.  No banner photos.  

Great seeing you for 2 seconds! I'm sorry, it took me way too long to figure out who was waving, and then I didn't realize you were heading out. I came down after the period ended. Hope you're feeling better!

What a fun night and great job by the Devils organization. The cases with Marty's old pads, masks and jerseys were a nice touch 

Great job by the Devils tonight. Everyone loves to criticize them for anything PR related but this was perfect tonight. 

As as for the game, even with the josefson being josefson whiff, I thought he had a nice game. Kennedy too. 

This painting was also on display on the lower level

image.jpeg

Holy sh!t I want that.