New York Mets 2016 Season Thread

Colorado Rockies 1976

Justin Ruggiano? I had no idea he was even in the majors

Nice try on the diving catch though.

Also take Johnson off of first please. He has no clue how to field any sort of bounce.

Heartbreaking 2 out 2 run hr. 3-2 Rockies in the 4th. Steep climb back for the Mets.

Wow, nice job Ruggiano. Met for 3 minutes and you're already exhibiting that classic Mets brain damaged approach to baseball. The hell are tou trying to take 3rd there? Ran us out of the inning

Cut him. If he was wearing a Marlins uniform playing against the Mets he probably catches that long fly ball with his teeth earlier

It's time to give up on this team. They're retarded, managed by an amateur dolt, have no spines or brains.

Sell and reload. Thank you sandy for assembling the single most gutless collection of excrement since 1993. Far less talented Mets lineups have done far far better. 

The Mets have quit. In the 4th whatever ball that was thrown at them they hacked at mindlessly

They're not interested in baseball. They're afraid and stupid. It's time for Collins to go. This team needs a jolt going into 2017 and a manager with an IQ of a garden gnome...isn't going to get it done.

The Rockies should be the ones buying at the deadline, not us.

I only stayed outside two innings, went to the Promenade club for the next couple then spent a couple innings in the Met HOF when the game went to sh!t. Now I'm catching the early train out cause this sh!t isn't worth getting home at 1:45 AM :P

51 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

It looked like they were going to run Delarosa out of the game after two innings, he was wild and they hit everything hard...but after the Rockies got the lead it's been freaking easy for him. Yeah this is a pretty spineless group.

In the 6th and 7th inning Rockies pitchers threw a total of...13 (or 12) pitches. The Mets just have no clue how to even attempt to get back in a game. The game situation needs to dictate your at bats...but they're hacking at anything and everything out of the strike zone like they're up 10-2 and want to get this game over with

It is really time to just blow it up and move on. Starting with Collins

No wonder Walker only cost Niese. Walker is what...9 for his last 13. But none of those hits are the least bit meaningful. His only meaningful AB (last night) was a double play groundout. Walker is an unclutch choker and needs to be thrown into whatever black hole we throw Cabrera and Granderson in. It's over for the 3 of them.

Edited by '7'

Also, time to DL Cespedes. He is trying, it's obvious he's pained, but when everybody around you has quit or is a choker, and you're hurt yourseld and pressing AND unlucky (nearly hit one out early caught at the track) you're not going to be a big help. In fact I fear he is at risk for making things worse.

Just give him 15 days to heal. Believe me this team can score 1-2 runs a game and set the MLB record for RISP ineptitude without him.

Shelving him only drives down his 2017 price anyway.

Why does Terry still have a fvcking job?!  Oh, because results don't matter with Alderson's Mets.  

Lucroy heads to the Indians.  Imagine the Mets not getting their man.  Never seen that before.  

Indians also nab Miller from the Yankees.  At least they're trying.

Kinda hoping the Mets sell...sucks to say that, but Sandy (never the most creative of GMs) waited too damned long to get something done...the team was allowed to die on the vine; at the very least, this team has been SCREAMING for a managerial or coaching staff shakeup, but the Village Idiot is probably going to have to pull a Sandusky to get fired, despite having an awful year, and a long history of bad and questionable decisions (not to mention the guy sounds like a befuddled moron at way too many post-game conferences). 

Sadly, I'm not really sure how much the Mets have (outside of the young arms) that anyone would want. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Montero with pretty good at-a-glance numbers overall in four AA starts, but it's impossible to get excited about them:  for one, he's walked 11 in 24.1 IP there (also 2 hit batsmen).  He's also throwing a lot of pitches.  He wouldn't be the first guy to be chewed up and spit out by the PCL, but considering that he had been pretty good there before this season, it's just really hard to feel good about Montero's season, even if he keeps it up in AA for the rest of the year.

Honestly even though I'm still a Familia fan I'd probably take that deal the Yankees got for Miller if that was available to us.  The trade value for closers right now is just ridiculously insane and has been since the Ken Giles trade.

But yeah aside from something huge like that I don't see a lot to sell.  Doubt Bartolo has a lot of value and I don't really want to trade Ces on the 2% chance he actually opts in, plus he's clearly injured anyway.  Walker I'd definitely flip if you can get anything for him.  Especially since it's looking like we shouldn't even give him a QO at this point.

Edited by NJDevs4978

1 minute ago, NJDevs4978 said:

fwiw Lucroy nixed the deal to the Indians, guess we're back in play lol (we're not on his no-trade list)

Wow.  Sometimes handing out those no-trade clauses can really come back to haunt...and I never fault the player for it, in that if the team awards him that right, then they can't get pissed at him for invoking it.  I forget what year it was, but I remember Barry Larkin turning down a trade to the Mets.  And of course, Teemu Selanne turned down a deal to the Devils. 

It's funny, I've almost reached the point where it's going to feel like too little, too late if they get Lucroy now.  But he'd still be here for 2017, and that's a good thing. 

Lucroy went down a peg in my mind turning down a trade to Cleveland. Yea I know Cleveland isnt exactly Miami but that team is quite good with a nice future. Nobody says you have to be there more than a year and two months anyway...PLUS you can save yourself a bit with the DH in Cleveland.

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Wow.  Sometimes handing out those no-trade clauses can really come back to haunt...and I never fault the player for it, in that if the team awards him that right, then they can't get pissed at him for invoking it.  I forget what year it was, but I remember Barry Larkin turning down a trade to the Mets.  And of course, Teemu Selanne turned down a deal to the Devils. 

It's funny, I've almost reached the point where it's going to feel like too little, too late if they get Lucroy now.  But he'd still be here for 2017, and that's a good thing. 

It is the one trade that still makes good sense. I would still be keen on getting Lucroy.

2016 seems so far gone, though it is kind of amazing we're only 2.5 out of a wild card. This team feels like they should be 6 or more out and buried. 

2 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Honestly even though I'm still a Familia fan I'd probably take that deal the Yankees got for Miller if that was available to us.  The trade value for closers right now is just ridiculously insane and has been since the Ken Giles trade.

But yeah aside from something huge like that I don't see a lot to sell.  Doubt Bartolo has a lot of value and I don't really want to trade Ces on the 2% chance he actually opts in, plus he's clearly injured anyway.  Walker I'd definitely flip if you can get anything for him.  Especially since it's looking like we shouldn't even give him a QO at this point.

The 24th and 95th ranked prospects in all of baseball were the centerpiece to that Andrew Miller deal. You know what...I probably wouldn't trade Familia now since 2016 and 2017 and very much WIN NOW territory, but I would think long and hard about it. That's a nice haul. Even the two throw ins are doing quite well in AA and AAA

Yanks did very well.

I would absolutely start dangling Addison Reed out there to see what we can get. Not that I even intend on trading him but if all of a sudden somebody coughs up more than expected...I pull the trigger.

2 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

It's absolutely time for Walker to go. I see now why it only took Niese to get him. Not that Walker is a whiner and somebody that doesn't battle like Niese...but he's a guy who cannot be any sort of impact big pressure player. Deal him somewhere and let Herrera have the keys to 2nd for the rest of the season.  

I don't even care much about what he's doing in Vegas. He has over 1000 combined AA and AAA at bats already. Let him start learning about Major League pitching.

First Asdrubel Cabrera foolishly tries to bunt for a hit with De Aza on 1st and nearly bunts into a DP, then Asdrubel Cabrera fails at rounding 3rd and messes his knee up.

Sad to see but, and I hope the injury is not severe...but everything thing about him just screams fail. That said I hope it's just a tweak and he's alright. I guess whenever Reyes gets back he will be the SS for the rest of the season.

Edited by '7'