New York Mets 2016 Season Thread

Colorado Rockies 1976

1 minute ago, '7' said:

We tried. The Brewers are clowns though. Dealing with them is impossible

I dunno, kind of hard for me to give Sandy the benefit of the doubt with much of anything right now. 

And the hits just keep on comin':

Goddamn...are you for real Sandy?!

CR, you absolutely had to know Reyes was going there the minute that trade happened.  Reyes is here til he's done. Might as well get used to it... 

I was thinking the Mets might move Walker for prospects and then use those prospects to help land Lucroy and bring up Herrera to play 2nd.  But... 

Why did I have to know that?  He was supposed to be on a show-me deal, with a chance that if all went well, his option for next season would be picked up.  So far, he hasn't hit enough, gotten on base enough, and - SURPRISE! - got hurt yet again.  Sorry if I was crazy for thinking that he had to actually show the Mets something before they started blabbing about next season.

Not to mention the blatantly obvious:  that they had a very young cost-controlled Herrera for 2017.  This whole Reyes crap reeks of trying to squeeze a decent glass of lemonade out of a batch of rotten lemons.  It's a joke.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

I'll give you he hasn't done enough. But, he's getting extra bas hits, driving in runs and scoring at a better pace than every one else on the team. I know this is the NYM we're talking about so it's not saying much but the potential is there for a lot more. He's not going anywhere. Plus he's nearly fvcking free.

Edited by capo

13 minutes ago, capo said:

I'll give you he hasn't done enough. But, he's getting extra bas hits, driving in runs and scoring at a better pace than every one else on the team. I know this is the NYM we're talking about so it's not saying much but the potential is there for a lot more. He's not going anywhere. Plus he's nearly fvcking free.

And there lies the real reason they're suddenly so gung-ho on Reyes being the 2B next year and why they were gung-ho on Dilson in the preseason.

I don't mind Reyes being on the ROSTER next year, but being gifted a starting spot is something else, then again it's kind of par for the course with this organization.

Edited by NJDevs4978

6 minutes ago, nmigliore said:

Well at least Bastardo is gone. 

Niese's numbers this season are uglier than I thought but he is, in an unfortunate kind of way, a depth starter arm we needed to add. 

He pitched pretty well out of the bullpen last year. I'll take for the rest of year just to save the Bastardo money.

6 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

And there lies the real reason they're suddenly so gung-ho on Reyes being the 2B next year and why they were gung-ho on Dilson in the preseason.

I don't mind Reyes being on the ROSTER next year, but being gifted a starting spot is something else, then again it's kind of par for the course with this organization.

I don't think it's a stretch to think he can give you what Walker has this year minus some HR plus some steals and runs scored. Walker will probably get at least 10-12 mil. Meanwhile,  the Mets give Reyes virtually nothing for like production. 

Edited by capo

Heard Sandy on a pre-game radio spot...wow did he sound like a befuddled moron.  Even Terry probably thought so.  

Going to be painful when the Mets promote "Wright and Reyes...together again!"  Because they were such winners the last time they were teammates.  

What's-his-name hurts himself running to first...classic.  

2 hours ago, capo said:

I don't think it's a stretch to think he can give you what Walker has this year minus some HR plus some steals and runs scored. Walker will probably get at least 10-12 mil. Meanwhile,  the Mets give Reyes virtually nothing for like production. 

I'll believe that when I see it, as far as what Reyes will give the Mets in 2017.  But sadly it looks like this is the direction the Mets are going in, so we'll get to find out.  Sad that a franchise that is supposed to be thinking big is still penny-pinching wherever it can.  

Goddman d'Arnaud has no fvcking defensive skills.  So done with him.  

I'm fine with saving money at a position if your spending it somewhere else. Bruce was likely brought in for compensating the loss of Cespedes in the off-season.  I have no faith in this team being real as long as the Wilpons own them. 

Still banking on doofus and loser in 2017. Unfucikng real.

Edited by capo

18 minutes ago, '7' said:

This is the last start I ever want to see this clown make. Got lucky on the Gardner inside the park HR. This should really be 4-1.

How did he get lucky?  It was a nice play at the plate.  

Verrett has been pretty good over his last four starts, considering the expectations.  Would you rather Niese take his spot?  

39 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Verrett has been pretty good over his last four starts, considering the expectations.  Would you rather Niese take his spot?  

Honestly...we need Wheeler in there at this point. Hopefully no bumps in the road of his recovery, neither Niese or Verrett fill me with confidence. Both wild cards.

40 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I guess I meant, Gardner just murdered that ball, he shouldve been standing at 3rd with 0 out, which wouldve been a likely run

So god damn sick of Retardnaud. Every single or walk is a double for him. EVERY ONE. The staff hates throwing to him. He has totally regressed as a catcher in every way.

He cant block anything, he can't throw. Such a lucky bs excuse me single too. Such lucky crap

Edited by '7'