New York Mets 2016 Season Thread

Colorado Rockies 1976

If he's free (as in we pay him the league min) why the hell not. I mean I think the ability is still there...his recent poor play is likely due to injury more than just losing it overnight. Carlos Gomez I think will recover his once solid play, I certainly would want him in our fold when he gets healthy and back to his old self.

3 minutes ago, '7' said:

If he's free (as in we pay him the league min) why the hell not. I mean I think the ability is still there...his recent poor play is likely due to injury more than just losing it overnight. Carlos Gomez I think will recover his once solid play, I certainly would want him in our fold when he gets healthy and back to his old self.

I don't think there is any question this is happening.  Same as the Reyes situation.  No risk, virtual no cost. SAndy has basically gave code for its happening. 

2 minutes ago, capo said:

I don't think there is any question this is happening.  Same as the Reyes situation.  No risk, virtual no cost. SAndy has basically gave code for its happening. 

Well, he also gave code re: Juan Uribe but that never materialized

If they lose this game then I am at my wits end. Fire Terry tonight. They look lifeless so far. It's the fifth and Robbie Ray is Chris Sale out there. Low pitch count, we have had like 0 threats all night. Rocking chair game

TC isn't going anywhere because SA doesn't believe the manager does anything beneficial.  Plus they'll just blame it on having a AAAA team out there. Nevermind, holding anyone accountable.  I mean why the fvck is TdA even on the field? This team is a joke.

19 minutes ago, capo said:

TC isn't going anywhere because SA doesn't believe the manager does anything beneficial.  Plus they'll just blame it on having a AAAA team out there. Nevermind, holding anyone accountable.  I mean why the fvck is TdA even on the field? This team is a joke.

They're getting into DEFCON 1 territory now though.  Sandy just made a desperate trade, I'd find it hard to believe he's just going to let this season die on the vine without trying the defibrulator especially since TC's likely gone after this year anyway.  If he was just gonna let a bad season ride out then he had no business trading Dilson.

7 minutes ago, capo said:

Yeah, probably not because Reyes is in the fold. If they didn't have Reyes it probably would have happened. 

The same Reyes that's been out two weeks and is probably going to miss another two?  Plus they have Cabrera out now too, they're not in position to be waiting on guys that may or may not come back.

Edited by NJDevs4978

This is essentially a forfeit. This team has quit. This game shouldve been immediately called at 1-0. 

I have never seen a team so unclutch, stupid, helpless, afraid, and dead. They should really just go away and stop playing baseball

Edited by '7'

13 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Terry's still in the loony bin, trying to bunt with freaking d'Arnaud.  That just gave away an out for no good reason.  If you were gonna bunt (which I get) might as well send a pitcher up to bunt.

Hit the nail on the head Has. Even if they win when is the last time TDA bunted? 1997 little league?

Terry is done as an MLB manager. That was absurd. I mean he has committed so many gaffes of late. It's gotten to the point even Sandy cant ignore it.

I will never hate Collins, but he is an enormous detriment to this team now. 

Cut the cord already

Edited by '7'

And it is time for Rivera to be this teams primary catcher. I dont want to dump on d'Arnaud too much...he isnt a loaf. I can see he cares, he tries, he's intense

He garners ZERO respect from the opposition.

I will guarantee that behind the scenes other teams laugh at him.

Edited by '7'

1 minute ago, '7' said:

And it is time for Rivera to be this teams primary catcher. I dont want to dump on d'Arnaud too much...he isnt a loaf. I can see he cares, he tries, he's intense

He garners ZERO respect from the opposition. 

I don't know what's worse, the fact that a supposed offensive catcher hits .200 with no power or the fact that his defense is so hopeless it makes you want to put another .200 hitter with no power in the lineup.