Jump to content

New York Mets 2016 Season Thread


Colorado Rockies 1976
 Share

Recommended Posts

If the Mets lose today...sh!t-can Terry and his merry band of moronic men.  Of course that won't happen. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for your 4 half hearted light as a feather no power swings today Loney. Can't even pick up a whiffle ball dribbler

Most predictable game ever. You just knew it. You could predict every single stupid retarded thing the Mets were going to do. From failing EVERY TIME with runners on base, to bringing in the wrong closer at the wrong time, to the predictable unclutch error on an easy ground ball.

Edited by '7'
Link to comment
Share on other sites

TERRY YOU USELESS PIECE OF sh!t COULD YOU fvckING GO GET FAMILIA NOW?!  CAN YOU NOT SEE THAT HE'S SPENT?!

Oh yeah, now you fvcking come out.  Go fvck yourself.  You will NEVER get another job as a manager once Sandy wakes up long enough to fire your pathetic ass.  You are one of THE worst managers in MLB.  Don't be fooled by the fact that you had just enough talent to work with that even a loser like you couldn't put up a bad W-L record.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, NJDevs4978 said:

This all goes back to Terry's dumbass decision to PH Cespedes just to get him a walk instead of letting deGrom hit with nobody out and no possibility of the double play.

He's gotta go.  Today.  This can't go on any longer.  The man is a complete moron.  How much more proof does Sandy fvcking need to see it?  Everyone else does.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Conforto...useless fvck.

And of course they go down with a whimper.  Of course. 

FIRE THE VILLAGE IDIOT SANDY.  FOR THE LOVE OF fvckING GOD, PUT HIM OUT OF HIS MISERY AND US OUT OF OURS!

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, '7' said:

Wow look how horrible Robles looked. Good thing we didn't start the inning with him.

I know I keep saying it...but I can't fvcking take it anymore.  The Village Idiot gets in the fvcking way AGAIN.  Familia had no business pitching in this game today.  You lose with Robles or someone else, fine.  To put this game in Familia's hands under the circumstances was unfair to EVERYONE.  But no, the Amateur Robot can't discern that you can't put your main closer into every single save situation.  TC has to fvcking go.  Enough is enough is a fvcking 'nuff. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I know I keep saying it...but I can't fvcking take it anymore.  The Village Idiot gets in the fvcking way AGAIN.  Familia had no business pitching in this game today.  You lose with Robles or someone else, fine.  To put this game in Familia's hands under the circumstances was unfair to EVERYONE.  But no, the Amateur Robot can't discern that you can't put your main closer into every single save situation.  TC has to fvcking go.  Enough is enough is a fvcking 'nuff. 

It's amazing how fans literally know better and have a better feel for this team. I just could see in my mind Bobby V bringing in Benitez...again...leaving him in while he can't throw a strike...and here comes Brian Jordan. They never learn.

How was Familia even in this game? I heard on the radio just before Howie said he was unavailable. Unavailable means CAN'T PITCH. I had the sound off. How was he pitching?

This is the turning point right here. Either they right the ship tomorrow literally or they fall off a cliff. 

I almost hope they do fall off a cliff. Would love to see them deal Asdrubel Cabrera and Walker. And Granderson. Heck maybe somebody could use Loney and we can deal him too. Aside from today he's been decent really.

Edited by '7'
Link to comment
Share on other sites

TC has to go. Right now, today! Back to back losses in this fashion.  This it Sandy, there is no bouncing back from this on his watch we need a boost. Bring in the firecracker Backman  and start cracking some of these bumbs.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, '7' said:

It's amazing how fans literally know better and have a better feel for this team. I just could see in my mind Bobby V bringing in Benitez...again...leaving him in while he can't throw a strike...and here comes Brian Jordan. They never learn.

How was Familia even in this game? I heard on the radio just before Howie said he was unavailable. Unavailable means CAN'T PITCH. I had the sound off. How was he pitching?

There is no excuse this time.  No way to justify this.  An even slightly more creative manager could've done a lot differently.  Gone with Robles in the 8th and then closed with Reed.  Or given Robles the ninth.  He did so wrong by Familia today.

TC sounding just as befuddled and idiotic in his postgame conference as I expected.  TERRY, YOU ARE THE fvckING MANAGER, STOP LETTING YOUR PLAYERS DICTATE TERMS! 

Next time, just say "DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH" Terry in the postgame wrap. 

Sandy, are you alive?  Are you paying attention?  Can we please move on from this tool?

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, '7' said:

It's amazing how fans literally know better and have a better feel for this team. I just could see in my mind Bobby V bringing in Benitez...again...leaving him in while he can't throw a strike...and here comes Brian Jordan. They never learn.

How was Familia even in this game? I heard on the radio just before Howie said he was unavailable. Unavailable means CAN'T PITCH. I had the sound off. How was he pitching?

He magically became available three hours later in a 1-0 game.

Honestly they would have been better off pitching Robles in the eighth and Reed in the ninth.  But I get pitching Reed in the eighth if you want him to face the top of the order, that's fine.  But Familia shouldn't have been allowed anywhere near the field today.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, capo said:

TC has to go. Right now, today! Back to back losses in this fashion.  This it Sandy, there is no bouncing back from this on his watch we need a boost. Bring in the firecracker Backman  and start cracking some of these bumbs.  

Well Backman isn't as...eh "family friendly" as the Wilpons would like. But Terry has proven time and time again to be not up for the job. So yea...I'm for it. At least until the end of the season. Nobody is saying Backman needs to be our manager 2017 and onward, but as a 2 month kick in the pants...why not?

And some roster changes have to occur. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, '7' said:

Well Backman isn't as...eh "family friendly" as the Wilpons would like. But Terry has proven time and time again to be not up for the job. So yea...I'm for it. At least until the end of the season. Nobody is saying Backman needs to be our manager 2017 and onward, but as a 2 month kick in the pants...why not?

And some roster changes have to occur. 

I've always been iffy on Backman, but at this point, TC can't be allowed to manage another game (though he will be).  Yeah, give Wally the rest of the season.  Like you said, it can be on an interim "probationary" basis.  Not sure how his act (or perception of his act) will fly, but he can't be much worse than Terry fvcking Collins. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm definitely down with a shirt term stint for Backman and I really like Viola. I think Frankie V. Could be more long term. If Backman does the job you know that the fans will be on SA for an extension and I think that's what they are afraid of. He's too big a  personality for SA's low key persona. 

Edited by capo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NJDevs4978 said:

And now Lagares is probably going on the DL too lol, guess Conforto's really gonna have to play CF now.  I'm getting a little tired of him too, every year it's different sh!t with Lagares.

Nimmo on his way...so yes. Cespedes is having his quad act up again too. 

 

Edited by '7'
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

And now Lagares is probably going on the DL too lol, guess Conforto's really gonna have to play CF now.  I'm getting a little tired of him too, every year it's different sh!t with Lagares.

I'm sick of him too, but there's two problems:  1) his contract, which really starts jumping up in the years to come...$4.5 million next year, $6.5 million in 2018 and $9 million in 2019...I can't see anyone willing to take that on without trying to unload some crap the other way, and 2) it seems to take a lot for Sandy to finally move these guys.  Sandy seems to have one way of doing things:  in any potential trade, act like you're the guy with all of the leverage.  Wrong.  At some point you've got to start moving some of this underperforming, not-very-talented (not to mention injury-prone) drek.  How many years does this team have to struggle to hit .240 and score runs before some significant changes are made? 

Just hope Wright retires...because Sandy and the Mets are going to try to sell us all on how Wright coming back in 2017 will give that season's Met offense a big boost. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Marlins traded for Colin Rea and Andrew Cashner. There's a bit of upside with Cashner, and they needed the rotation help with Chen going to the DL, but by and large I can't see this moving the needle much for them. They gave up their 2nd best prospect (who also ranked #100 overall in Baseball America's midseason update) plus at least one player from their big league roster and maybe some additional parts. Seems like quite a steep price for two pitchers who have been close to replacement level this year.

Edited by nmigliore
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.