New York Mets 2016 Season Thread

Colorado Rockies 1976

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

If I'm the Royals, I take bases against d'Arnaud at every friggin' opportunity.  No friggin' brainer.

He's bad and Plawecki isn't any better. There's a reason they're trying to find these guys other positions. I would really like a better catching option to go with this staff. Imagine a Sal Perez or Molina with our pitching...

Just now, capo said:

He's bad and Plawecki isn't any better. There's a reason they're trying to find these guys other positions. I would really like a better catching option to go with this staff. Imagine a Sal Perez or Molina with our pitching...

But then who do they put at catcher, one of the 900 Molina brothers that isn't Yadier and just have a .190 defensive guy there?  I don't really get trying to find Plawecki another position, his bat isn't even that great.  Travis it's obvious they want to get his bat in the lineup.

Just now, NJDevs4978 said:

They're treating David at third like Travis behind the plate, just taking any opportunity to run on him.  Hosmer beating out a bunt is all kinds of embarassing :P 

It's sad.  Sad because the guy was once a terrific player, and sad because his contract dictates we'll see a lot more of this.  He is so going to hurt this team.

Remember when Lagares was a top center fielder who seemed to get to everything?  

Just glad the Mets don't have to face this team 162 times a year.

Harvey looked kind of meh tonight.

By all means Terry, bring in a guy who's tailor-made to get hit by the Royals' hitters.  Good ol' Amateur Terry.  

Oh well...every Met weakness that was a concern coming in was on full display tonight.  Took all of six innings.  Maybe TC and Co will wake up and realize they're not good enough to just flick the switch.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

2 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

I get they want to use Colon cause he ain't pitching till this weekend if then but how about using your ACTUAL relievers when you only have two games in five days?!

TC is a moron.  He's always been one.  He's the guy who sees his team win in spite of him.  Just ask Art Howe what good starting pitching can do for you.  I know many of his players have liked him here, but I've been ready for a real manager for so long.  Enough with the stopgap caretaker...just wish there was an obvious name out there to replace him.  

In a way I'm glad that the Royals are putting on such a clinic on how to play winning baseball tonight...because I think the Mets need to see this.  

I think the Mets need to learn that there's a huge difference between getting to a World Series and actually winning one.  I think these guys came into camp feeling very self-satisfied and damn near slept-walked through spring training.  It's pretty obvious that the team that came into this game ready and rarin' to go wasn't the Mets.  

And though Harvey clearly wasn't helped by his defense, how about laying low and just pitching well?  Because you ain't getting any $300 million contract looking as ordinary as you did tonight pal.

Could that have been any more predictable?   Good to see Wright is in postseason form already.

4 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

I wasn't expecting Cespedes or Duda to come through either :P

Can't lie, neither was I.  

4-3, hard to believe. 

Another break for the Mets.  Nice box score day for Conforto.

Oh well...a lot of it was luck-based, but they actually have a shot to win this game now.  I thought they were complete toast at 2-0.

So I think that's 6 perfect innings for Blevins as a Met, heh heh.

If the Mets actually find a way to pull this out (huge IF obviously), the Royals are going to be thinking "Whaaaaaaat?"

Oh Christ...of course it has to be Wright coming up in this spot.