GDT: Devils vs Failures 7PM MSG+

RunninWithTheDevil

17 minutes ago, Colin226 said:

They should be our 3rd jersey. I'm amazed that some fans think it should only be worn once a year.

2-3 times would be OK, but no more than that.  I think they will lose their charm very quickly if it becomes 4+ times a year.

It's funny...I'll always have a soft spot for those jerseys because they're a part of our history, but the change to red and black was a good one, and a needed improvement.  The Xmas classics at the time seemed a little bit odd (red and green is a little out there) and a little minor-league compared to many of the other jerseys' general designs and color schemes.  Fans have the warm-and-fuzzies towards the red-and-greens much more now than they did when the team was actually wearing them. 

54 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Fans have the warm-and-fuzzies towards the red-and-greens much more now than they did when the team was actually wearing them. 

100% true. I didn't know one Devils fan in '92 who wasn't thrilled with the new colors, myself included. Now I love them and I'd even support a total switch back!! If you told me 20+ years later I'd be spending all my eBay time searching for vintage red and greens, I'd have said you were nuts.

Part of it has to be not having had the variety of a 3rd jersey, or even a slight redesign. I love the current jerseys, but they could put out a 3rd with a flaming dildo on the front and a lot of fans would buy it just because it's something new. 

LGD!!

Edited by mfitz804

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

2-3 times would be OK, but no more than that.  I think they will lose their charm very quickly if it becomes 4+ times a year.

It's funny...I'll always have a soft spot for those jerseys because they're a part of our history, but the change to red and black was a good one, and a needed improvement.  The Xmas classics at the time seemed a little bit odd (red and green is a little out there) and a little minor-league compared to many of the other jerseys' general designs and color schemes.  Fans have the warm-and-fuzzies towards the red-and-greens much more now than they did when the team was actually wearing them. 

It was a different time. They could use them full time and it'd work; I don't think they're too tacky to be permanent sweaters. With 30 teams now (+2 on the way), it's a plus when you have teams with unique color schemes. Less than a decade after we ditched the retros, Minnesota came in using red and green and haven't looked back. I think the red and green was an appropriate homage to our states heritage and true to the theme they cultivated for the brand. I love the red and black and it's the only jersey I've been around for, but I think you lose a bit of the spirit without the green.

Good job NHL. You want more goals and you just pulled one off the board because a guy had incidental contact with a goalie...Stempniak didnt even enter the crease. He was in white ice. HE WAS SKATING AND DOING NOTHING ELSE

If it's not waved off immediately on the ice then it's a GOOD GOAL

• Like 2