Sign in to follow this  
RSC

Kovalchuk removed from SKA after 1 Playoff Game

2 hours ago, MantaRay said:

I would rather have Patty and help the team get in the playoffs, but adding Kovy would get us a higher draft pick for next year.

I'll take Curtain #3 Monty!  Elias coming back.. AND Kovalchuk reinstated.. AND Cammalleri returning.. AND trading for Staal. :P

..and if we're getting into a pissing contest between Kovy & Patty.. Patty wins

NJ_Devils_03_Stanley_Cup_Ring-1.jpg

There's alot of intangibles beyond JUST production.. and those rings still matter. More than having over 1,000+ points.. or being a 5x All-Star.. Elias is a Winner! He's a fringe HOF'er that would command much more respect out of that locker-room than #17.. and in end, THAT is the stuff that binds a team together.

Say whatever we want about the guy, but I still think from an athlete standpoint he was the best hockey player to ever wear a Devil uni

6 hours ago, KOliwa29 said:

Say whatever we want about the guy, but I still think from an athlete standpoint he was the best hockey player to ever wear a Devil uni

Stevens and Niedermayer were both much better hockey players than Kovy.  Kovy was a great scorer, but he was nowhere near a complete player and was very 1 dimensional.

14 hours ago, MantaRay said:

That would be very interesting.    I remember Langenbrunner, Elias and Parise did not like the special treatment that Lemaire used to give Kovy and killed the team morale.

I can't recall anyone besides Elias saying anything negative about Kovy, nor do I remember Lemaire giving Kovy any sort of special treatment. Is this just Kovy hate or do you have some sort of story you can point me towards?

8 hours ago, KOliwa29 said:

Offensively, yeah. Best ever? Marty, Nieds, and Stevens (and their 3 Stanley cups) makes this a silly comment.

Kovy not playing in the game today.

We shall see if he was bluffing pretty soon.

3 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

There's an awful lot of talk about this, would be really funny if nothing comes of it. 

nothing will

but every time i say something matter-of-fact like this on here, the complete opposite happens

6 hours ago, DevilMinder said:

Kovy related threads always go 10x longer than they should.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Just wait til this thread hits the sexy pirates stage.

• Like 1

No Clue who this guy is but:

Kovalchuk's agent confirms that he hasn't had a serious conversation with any GM in the NHL, but has talked to one about possible arrival

When asked if it by any chance the GM is Shero, he stated that he will not confirm or deny it.

I'm told that if Kovalchuk can't get something done today, he could stay with SKA until the end of the post season.

4 minutes ago, DevilMinder said:

Great, sounds like a summer of drama coming for the Devils.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Eh it's at least something to hold our interest while we watch other teams compete in the playoffs.

8 minutes ago, jonnyd91 said:

Ilya Kovalchuk's agent has confirmed that he has requested to have his contract with SKA Saint Petersburg be terminated.

He has also been in contact with one NHL GM about returning to the league.

How the bolded may have gone down:

Ilya (calling the Devils):  "Ray Shero please."

Shero:  "Yes?"

Ilya:  "Hello Mr. Shero, this is Ilya Koval..."

Shero:  "Aw go fvck yourself."  click

Ilya (to self):  "Well, I guess if anyone asks, I can say I was in contact with one NHL GM about returning to the league."

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

He's coming...

That's what she said...

If this all pans out and Kovy is back in a Devils uniform, he's going to get some really loud boos when he first takes the ice.  It will dissipate over time the way it did for Gomez, but I don't think that baby's fragile ego could handle it.   Hope his home in Alpine is finished.   

Edited by Chuck the Duck

20 minutes ago, Chuck the Duck said:

That's what she said...

If this all pans out and Kovy is back in a Devils uniform, he's going to get some really loud boos when he first takes the ice.  It will dissipate over time the way it did for Gomez, but I don't think that baby's fragile ego could handle it.   Hope his home in Alpine is finished.   

I have nothing to add, other than that I don't usually leave myself vulnerable to a "that's what she said". I'm off my game today. Which she also said.

Very well played.