2016 NHL Trade Deadline Thread

Derlique

I just want to see NJ just pile up a bunch of stuff and send it to another team for a big name player. The Devils trade deadline has been pretty boring for about 6 years now.

Yeah the last really big move we made was for Kovalchuk, and that was about a month before the deadline.

14 minutes ago, CarpathianForest said:

I mean I know people on here say "no trades for trades" sake, but this team is about to get pretty awful and boring. Bring back something with flash and potential so we can enjoy this losing season and look forward to next season.

Great, who do the Devils have that is going to bring back flash and potential?  Maybe the picks the Devils might get back can be packaged with something else that fits that bill, but I don't think they're getting anything sexy at this deadline.  

3 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Great, who do the Devils have that is going to bring back flash and potential?  Maybe the picks the Devils might get back can be packaged with something else that fits that bill, but I don't think they're getting anything sexy at this deadline.  

I'm not even talking anything sexy, but at least something with potential. I mean, but maybe people will be happy with a Steve Sullivan type player. I don't know. I for one have had y fill of Devils trade deadline deals like that.

9 hours ago, DJ Eco said:

I'm finally coming around to accepting this and thinking along these lines. Shero's moves this offseason were Palmieri, Stempniak, Schlemko, and Tlusty. He hit 3 out of 4, and those 3 were a resounding success. 

Who's to say he doesn't continue to have a good eye each offseason on the undervalued free agent or cheap trade? Who's to say our analytics department isn't doing their job on this (and maybe did their job on those very signings)? If they could hit 3 out of 4 to be very good signings, I trust them to do it again, or at least I trust their eye in plugging whatever holes come up on a season-by-season basis til we solidify our young core.

Don't forget about Kalinin

Brian Lawton ‏@brianlawton9:

The @Senators are believed to have made a dynamic offer for the services of Jonathan Drouin. We will hopefully find out tomorrow.

I am hearing that @TBLightning have 5 offers that they are mulling over and intend to make a decision tomorrow on Jonathan Drouin. #lottery

8 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

The @Senators are believed to have made a dynamic offer for the services of Jonathan Drouin. We will hopefully find out tomorrow.

I am hearing that @TBLightning have 5 offers that they are mulling over and intend to make a decision tomorrow on Jonathan Drouin. #lottery

like everyone else love to see Drouin come here, but, he could bomb for whomever takes him. my concern is what we give up. If other teams are giving up a 1st fine, let him go. 

Shero has a reputation of doing stuff at trade deadline, but I'm not looking for anything.  Maybe one prospect for another. A "D" man for a FW. 

17 minutes ago, sundstrom said:

There was a TG tweet indicating the Devils were scouting Edmonton. Not sure what would work there but maybe Yakupov could come back and not cost much

The other thing I've read around the interwebs generally is that Shero has always liked Eberle.  Not going to pretend that I know all that much about him beyond his goal/point totals, but he definitely strikes me as one of those guys that if he isn't scoring goals for you he's pretty useless.  I would be very disappointed in a Severson for Eberle swap. 

22 minutes ago, sundstrom said:

There was a TG tweet indicating the Devils were scouting Edmonton. Not sure what would work there but maybe Yakupov could come back and not cost much

There's been rumors Shero likes Eberle even going back years when Shero was GM of the Pens.

I wouldn't give up anything of immediate value for Yakupov.  He's perilously close to being a total bust and is a huge gamble.

I think we definitely deal Stempniak and it's probably a toss up between whether Schlemko or Gelinas gets moved.  As for a third move I think it would have to be a really good deal and getting a forward we could build with for five years forward.  Most likely any exciting moves with our forward situation will be in the offseason.

11 minutes ago, Daniel said:

If that's true, it's a pretty depressing thought. 

Do you watch an of the Oiler games? Remember that Eberle is playing on a team with quite a few talented fowards. Like Palmieri on the Ducks, Eberle's talent is diluted by the other players' abilities.

I don't know what you're looking at, but this season he has 20 goals and 17 assists and he has only scored less than 20 goals two times, one of those times being the lockout shortened season. Eberle would be a boon for us. Better than Drouin who is an unproven commodity.

Edited by CarpathianForest

1 hour ago, CarpathianForest said:

Do you watch an of the Oiler games? Remember that Eberle is playing on a team with quite a few talented fowards. Like Palmieri on the Ducks, Eberle's talent is diluted by the other players' abilities.

I don't know what you're looking at, but this season he has 20 goals and 17 assists and he has only scored less than 20 goals two times, one of those times being the lockout shortened season. Eberle would be a boon for us. Better than Drouin who is an unproven commodity.

He's a twenty to thirty goal scorer right winger, and who knows whether he has any ability to play on the defensive side. How terrible the Oilers have been since he's been there would suggest the answer is probably not.  Not that I'm suggesting that we need another defensive forward, but if you can't play defense you should be putting up a lot more goals if I'm not going to be depressed that this guy is the team's best forward, if that's what it comes down to.

Otherwise the fact that the Oilers have a lot of scoring forwards can work both ways, so far as whether his offensive numbers are more or less impressive than they seem. Does he draw tougher assignments than players like Hall, McDavid, Hopkins, Draisatl?   Unless he gets really crap ice time, I don't find the point totals all that impressive.  (Isn't he also a UFA in the not too distant future).

On 2/27/2016 at 1:39 AM, Martyisth3b3st said:

Severson hasn't been fantastic, but he certainly hasn't been awful. He also hasn't sat around not playing hockey for months. If Drouin's value is so exceptional, why hasn't a trade been made? 

Im not saying Stempniak and Merrill would get it done. I AM saying that Severson and a 1st round pick is a laughable overpayment. 

It's Yzerman. He'll wait and play each offer until he gets the one that's best.