2016 NHL Trade Deadline Thread

Derlique

Yeah I thought he'd bring back more than that... I'd rather keep him than deal him for a mid-rounder.

Then you overrated his value.  He's a middling d-man that isn't physical or particularly offensively gifted, and had a -15 after being a scrap heap signing.  A third was about all I was expecting/hoping for.

When I say mid-rounder, I mean a 4th or lower. That's the way that tweet made it sound. A 3rd is the absolute minimum I'd expect in return for Schlemko.

4 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

When I say mid-rounder, I mean a 4th or lower. That's the way that tweet made it sound. A 3rd is the absolute minimum I'd expect in return for Schlemko.

I take mid-rounder as 3rd-5th.  I wouldn't really waste my time with a 4th or below either, a 3rd is okay by me.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I take mid-rounder as 3rd-5th.  I wouldn't really waste my time with a 4th or below either, a 3rd is okay by me.

We're in agreement on that. I would take a 3rd, but no lower.

11 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

We're in agreement on that. I would take a 3rd, but no lower.

We don't need to dump salary, so we can be picky. No reason to send him out without a decent return. I think a 3rd is about right. 

5 minutes ago, CarpathianForest said:

I'm hoping we push Merrill and Gelinas out.

Word. 

Starting to get the feeling whatever the Devils get back is going to be underwhelming.  Seems like what the Devils have to offer are everyone's Plan B/C/D players.  Think I'd rather get something than nothing for these guys though.  This team is not playoff-bound.  No reason to keep them together.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Think I'd rather get something than nothing for these guys though.  This team is not playoff-bound.  No reason to keep them together.  

This is very true. Even the "best" of our available guys are really just retreads who over performed thus far this season. I don't know that the Devils have any intention in retaining any of them so might as well get a return on them. 

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

This is very true. Even the "best" of our available guys are really just retreads who over performed thus far this season. I don't know that the Devils have any intention in retaining any of them so might as well get a return on them. 

Stemps says he likes it here and wants to stay

stempniak - based on this year - should net a better return than andrew ladd. now that's certainly not gonna happen. but he should return a ton more than fvcking kris versteeg who hasn't been good in 5 years. and versteeg returned an interesting prospect.

i'd actually like to think that shero is working to do some interesting things like bring back picks to move again to teams that dealt - like how florida wants picks for prirri. well, get some with trades and deal for prirri. or yakupov

Renaud Lavoie @renlavoietva 22m22 minutes ago

Lundi il faut s'attendre à ce que NJ, Car, Van, CGY, Ari, CLB, BUF, TOR et EDM liquident certains actifs. Tous les détails à 8:00 #tvasports

or

Translated from French by Bing

Monday he should expect that NJ, Car, Van, CGY, Ari, CLB, BUF, TOR and EDM liquidate some assets. All 8:00 #tvasports details

1 hour ago, sundstrom said:

Daniel Winik stinks right? And he gets a 2nd and a prospect. 

Stempniak honestly is is the best rental guy out there. 

Part of that is because they eat Laich's contract (which has another year at 4m). And TOR gave up a 5th. I'd kind of think of it as Winnik for Carrick.

18 hours ago, thecoffeecake said:

The Rangers the Yankees of the NHL. They grab whoever is at the top of the market every year and throw together a hodgepodge group of stars that made their names elsewhere. Not surprisingly, it hasn't gone particularly well for either team for some time.

They overpaid for Yandle, who is still mishandled by AV as a "3rd pair" defenseman. He's produced well but I wouldn't call him a star. The Nash trade, they parted with a good package that now turned into Dubinsky and Saad plus the draft pick. The deal for Staal helps at center and with offense. Especially if Nash doesn't return. But it's a rental. They had the leverage due to Eric wanting to come play with Marc. So, Gorton held firm and didn't give up a roster player or a 1st. 

But the Canes got a good prospect. Saarela had a good WJC. The two seconds can turn into a nice return for a player they weren't re-signing. Staal needed a change. He gets a chance to play with his brother on the big stage. Only been in 2 playoffs. Had great success. He isn't what he once was. But maybe the scenery change works.

There is the feeling from my Dad of typical move. But that's the negativity. He's never positive when it comes to the franchise. They've thrown away a lot of picks and their best prospect (Duclair). But it's expected. They're all in. 

18 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

I think most of the whiny cocksuckers like St. Louis and Staal who demand to only play for the Rags just enjoy losing more in NY than they enjoy losing elsewhere. More to do to get your mind off of the disappointment of perpetual underachievement.

In the dark years, you could've said that. It's different. There's a different culture. Players believe they can win here due to Lundqvist and a very good core. St. Louis nearly did. The culture pre-lockout was one of losing. Players came for the money and lifestyle. Others (Fleury) couldn't handle it due to off ice issues despite unbelievable talent. Lindros would've succeeded if not for the concussions. Bure probably too if not for the career ending injury. Jagr is the only star who flourished taking a last place team and turning it into a playoff one. Changed the culture.