2016 NHL Trade Deadline Thread

Derlique

1 minute ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

Re; the Rangers -- going "all-in" this year seems like going all-in in the NBA this year. The caps are going to win the east -- they're not just beating people, they're murdering them. As a Devils fan, I'm excited that they shipped off another prospect and the rest of their draft picks for someone who, in all likelihood, is going back to Carolina next season. 

Re: the Devils -- since the asking price on Drouin might be too high, should they take a look at Yakupov? I don't think it would take a huge deal to bring him over, and he has more raw offensive talent in the poops he takes than the rest of our team  combined.

It certainly looks that way. But I still have to see the Caps prove they can do it. They have the deepest team in the East. Star talent. Young talent. Depth. A very good goalie. The defense is solid but I still feel it can be exploited. A dangerous offense like the Pens could do damage. Don't forget the mental edge the Rangers have against the Caps. However, this is Washington's best team and our weakest since the run began. Weaker due to chinks in the armor showing from war horses Girardi and Staal.

If the Rangers don't do it, I'm pulling for the Panthers.

Re Yakupov, there was something from one of the TSN people that the what teams are offering is embarrassingly low for a guy who was the number 1 pick not that long ago.  I get the sense that there's still the Seguin effect on Chiarella's willingness to trade any of these young players, much less to give them away if the reports are true.

The Sens, the Habs and the Jets made offers for Yakupov so far. 

And he really want to be traded apparently

as for Drouin i guess the Ducks and the Wild have the most aggressive offers on the table with the Blues coming back in the mix this morning. I still think there's chances he's only moved at the draft. 

Edited by SterioDesign

9 minutes ago, redruM said:

Shero better be active today, no reason to keep any of the vets that are not part of the future

Schlemko

Stepniak

Kennedy

tootoo  or ruutu ( pipedream I know!)

even guys like Gelinas & Merril

if you can get something for them do it!!

Gelinas and Merril you can wait til the draft but yeah sell sell sell.

16 minutes ago, redruM said:

Shero better be active today, no reason to keep any of the vets that are not part of the future

Schlemko

Stepniak

Kennedy

Yeah, I wasn't originally on board for selling off giving the teams performance this year but seeing the prices being paid for guys like Veersteg and Polak, moving Stempniak and Schlemko seems like a must do.   

24 minutes ago, redruM said:

Schlemko

Stepniak

Kennedy

I have a feeling Shero is cooking something big.  If he was looking for 2nd/3rds/etc he probably could've already gotten em by now.

Just now, redruM said:

I generally agree, but at the same time, we can't have it both ways...which means if he deals some guys and the returns aren't sexy, we can't get too pissy about it.  If Shero doesn't get as much for these guys as we all initially hoped, I think we have to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume that he got as much as he could for whomever he moves. 

There's red flags on just about everyone the Devils would like to move.  Schlemko had never played more than 48 NHL games in any season previously, and Stempniak has hardly been a consistent offensive force throughout his career.  Yeah, there's a good chance both players might be nothing more than rentals for any potential new teams, so it's not like their new teams would necessarily be concerned about their long-term contributions, but neither player is much of guarantee to help short-term either.  I can understand why GMs wouldn't want to give up that much for those guys. 

Also fair to remember that teams looking to dump a guy who still contributes (maybe not in the glamour numbers) but makes a little too much money or (or his team now has a younger guy ready to take his job at a lower cost) can sometimes be had for a pair of mid-round picks.  Devils could afford to take a guy like that on with their current payroll situation.  It's not necessarily a bad thing to have a surplus of third and fourth round picks. 

5 minutes ago, Zubie#8 said:

Kovalchuk is really something else. Told his agent he wants to be moved somewhere today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can pull that sh!t when you're good.  When you're past your prime and underachieving, it's a little tougher.    

Edited by Lateralous

15 minutes ago, Zubie#8 said:

Kovalchuk is really something else. Told his agent he wants to be moved somewhere today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can see the headline now:

2/29, 2:59 PM - New Jersey Devils have signed Ilya Kovalchuk to 2 year contract.

1 minute ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

Can't post the link, on my phone, but Kirby Rychel was spotted walking out of MSG today during the team's mandatory morning skate. 

Please, Ray. I'm begging you. 

Apparently he's been sent to the minors to remain eligible for the AHL playoffs.  Or so CBJ is claiming.

Just now, SterioDesign said:

My buddy who's a Pens fan said good things about him

good puck moving D who can join the rush and push the play. Good hands, solid D, was concussed earlier this season when he tripped on a ref who fell behind him.

Interesting in that Shero might be close to moving a defenseman.  If that happens, the Devils can get a look at this guy and see if there's anything there.  On the surface he looks like the kind of guy you expect to pick up on waivers...probably not much going on. 

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Interesting in that Shero might be close to moving a defenseman.  If that happens, the Devils can get a look at this guy and see if there's anything there.  On the surface he looks like the kind of guy you expect to pick up on waivers...probably not much going on. 

Yeah, but Shero would know that guy well already so who knows

Yeah, but Shero would know that guy well already so who knows

He could get up to 19 games at the NHL level...not a huge sample of course, but more than he's ever gotten. 

apparently Gelinas to Colorado for a 3rd is upcoming

edit: ah actually it happened

Where did you find that?  I'm not seeing it anywhere yet.