2016 NHL Trade Deadline Thread

Derlique

6 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

What a ridiculously boring trade deadline.

Assuming we don't hear an update shorlly, I can't believe we didn't move Stempniak or Schlemko.

To be fair.. Almost no one trade anyone to anywhere...  
I'm sure everyone try to sell their guys (And Shero sure does that a lot) ... But yeah, a boring trade deadline 

32 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

What a ridiculously boring trade deadline.

Assuming we don't hear an update shorlly, I can't believe we didn't move Stempniak or Schlemko.

25 minutes ago, BlueSkirt said:

Is Lou still our GM ?    What a slow deadline day for us. 

22 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Is this a record for the least amount of trades done on a trade day? 

its as if shero read the boards lol.

• Like 2

No complaints.  A 2nd, 3rd, and 4th-rounder for a guy the Devils can re-sign if they really want him and a guy they no longer wanted who couldn't seem to stop regressing.  Not sorry to see Matteau go...didn't seem like there was much there.  

• Like 1

Nothing earthshattering but a nice return for a rebuilding team.  The assets given up were non-essential and Shero got some picks that can be used to get real talent. Giving up on Matteau stinks not because I think it was a bad trade today but rather b/c of the cost to the franchise when they got him.

I don't get why Matteau was even drafted. It made no sense this guys dad was a Devils mortal enemy, I was disgusted seeing that name on the back of a Devils sweater...and he never had much offensive upside to begin with. Lou basically drafted a poor mans Mike Rupp. Just awful awful awful from the start. Rags will probably trade a 6th for him in the offseason in typical Rag fashion once he flames out in Montreal.

Pelly is nothing special. He will be turning 24 in the offseason. He's had some small streaks of promising play but he has 12 goals in his last 120 games. He's not good. Fringe NHL player. 

Edited by '7'
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Being sincere, you definitely have more of an insight into the Habs than the rest of us I'm sure.

Well i know that 90% of Habs fans wanted him gone (from what i've seen the last week). Calling him a rotten apple. That he was not really performing... (but you gotta take anything habs fans are saying with a grain of salt cause they often overreact over anything lol) I know that he was crying talking to the media about the trade moments ago and that he's shocked and really liked MTL.

I know that he was at the party at Galchenyuk's place when the whole girlfriend freaking out and getting arrested for beating up Alex happened. Not sure if Bergevin thought he was a bad influence to other players or not? 

it's basically a wash for me... but i do think his style could fit our culture / system better than Matteau and i think he has more potential than Matteau... He'll probably never reach it but still

To be fair to DSP going by the numbers it looks like he's never really been given much more than a 4th line role. Granted maybe he didn't earn anything more than that, but I imagine he'll see a bump in TOI here... so he could be a pleasant surprise.

Either way Matteau wasn't going to amount to much in NJ as left wing is now clogged up with Blandisi's emergence.

1 minute ago, Devs3cups said:

With all of this, how many picks do we have in the draft currently?

The 2nd and 3rd rounders are 2017 picks and the 4th is a 2016.  Not sure how many 2016 picks the Devils had coming in. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976