Sign in to follow this  
Derlique

2016 NHL Trade Deadline Thread

Renaud Lavoie @renlavoietva 22m22 minutes ago

Lundi il faut s'attendre à ce que NJ, Car, Van, CGY, Ari, CLB, BUF, TOR et EDM liquident certains actifs. Tous les détails à 8:00 #tvasports

or

Translated from French by Bing

Monday he should expect that NJ, Car, Van, CGY, Ari, CLB, BUF, TOR and EDM liquidate some assets. All 8:00 #tvasports details

Daniel Winik stinks right? And he gets a 2nd and a prospect. 

Stempniak honestly is is the best rental guy out there. 

27 minutes ago, sundstrom said:

That is if Shero is competent. Package Stempniak and Merrill or Gelinas for something nice.

Stempniak through his career was traded for... Alexander Steen + Carlo Colaiacovo.....Matt Jones + 4th + 7th...... Daymond Langkow......3rd......Carl Klingberg....

So not too sure if we can expect too much at the moment but his value is value as high as it possibly could be

1 hour ago, sundstrom said:

Part of that is because they eat Laich's contract (which has another year at 4m). And TOR gave up a 5th. I'd kind of think of it as Winnik for Carrick.

18 hours ago, thecoffeecake said:

The Rangers the Yankees of the NHL. They grab whoever is at the top of the market every year and throw together a hodgepodge group of stars that made their names elsewhere. Not surprisingly, it hasn't gone particularly well for either team for some time.

They overpaid for Yandle, who is still mishandled by AV as a "3rd pair" defenseman. He's produced well but I wouldn't call him a star. The Nash trade, they parted with a good package that now turned into Dubinsky and Saad plus the draft pick. The deal for Staal helps at center and with offense. Especially if Nash doesn't return. But it's a rental. They had the leverage due to Eric wanting to come play with Marc. So, Gorton held firm and didn't give up a roster player or a 1st. 

But the Canes got a good prospect. Saarela had a good WJC. The two seconds can turn into a nice return for a player they weren't re-signing. Staal needed a change. He gets a chance to play with his brother on the big stage. Only been in 2 playoffs. Had great success. He isn't what he once was. But maybe the scenery change works.

There is the feeling from my Dad of typical move. But that's the negativity. He's never positive when it comes to the franchise. They've thrown away a lot of picks and their best prospect (Duclair). But it's expected. They're all in. 

Re; the Rangers -- going "all-in" this year seems like going all-in in the NBA this year. The caps are going to win the east -- they're not just beating people, they're murdering them. As a Devils fan, I'm excited that they shipped off another prospect and the rest of their draft picks for someone who, in all likelihood, is going back to Carolina next season. 

Re: the Devils -- since the asking price on Drouin might be too high, should they take a look at Yakupov? I don't think it would take a huge deal to bring him over, and he has more raw offensive talent in the poops he takes than the rest of our team  combined.

18 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

I think most of the whiny cocksuckers like St. Louis and Staal who demand to only play for the Rags just enjoy losing more in NY than they enjoy losing elsewhere. More to do to get your mind off of the disappointment of perpetual underachievement.

In the dark years, you could've said that. It's different. There's a different culture. Players believe they can win here due to Lundqvist and a very good core. St. Louis nearly did. The culture pre-lockout was one of losing. Players came for the money and lifestyle. Others (Fleury) couldn't handle it due to off ice issues despite unbelievable talent. Lindros would've succeeded if not for the concussions. Bure probably too if not for the career ending injury. Jagr is the only star who flourished taking a last place team and turning it into a playoff one. Changed the culture.

1 minute ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

Re; the Rangers -- going "all-in" this year seems like going all-in in the NBA this year. The caps are going to win the east -- they're not just beating people, they're murdering them. As a Devils fan, I'm excited that they shipped off another prospect and the rest of their draft picks for someone who, in all likelihood, is going back to Carolina next season. 

Re: the Devils -- since the asking price on Drouin might be too high, should they take a look at Yakupov? I don't think it would take a huge deal to bring him over, and he has more raw offensive talent in the poops he takes than the rest of our team  combined.

It certainly looks that way. But I still have to see the Caps prove they can do it. They have the deepest team in the East. Star talent. Young talent. Depth. A very good goalie. The defense is solid but I still feel it can be exploited. A dangerous offense like the Pens could do damage. Don't forget the mental edge the Rangers have against the Caps. However, this is Washington's best team and our weakest since the run began. Weaker due to chinks in the armor showing from war horses Girardi and Staal.

If the Rangers don't do it, I'm pulling for the Panthers.

Just now, Derek21 said:

It certainly looks that way. But I still have to see the Caps prove they can do it. They have the deepest team in the East. Star talent. Young talent. Depth. A very good goalie. The defense is solid but I still feel it can be exploited. A dangerous offense like the Pens could do damage. Don't forget the mental edge the Rangers have against the Caps. However, this is Washington's best team and our weakest since the run began. Weaker due to chinks in the armor showing from war horses Girardi and Staal.

If the Rangers don't do it, I'm pulling for the Panthers.

Yeah, the Rangers have the Caps number... but I see the Caps being more focused than ever, especially if they wind up playing the Rangers again this year. Ovechkin wants that cup, and I don't think anyone is stopping him. 

I'm pulling for the Panthers, Lightning, and the Caps -- in that order. I spent the last 5 years in Miami so I've seen a solid 80 Panthers home games. Even though their fanbase doesn't deserve success (I dislike their fans almost as much as Ranger fans, all 60 of them), I would love to see hockey catch on in South Florida the way it has in Tampa Bay. 

Re Yakupov, there was something from one of the TSN people that the what teams are offering is embarrassingly low for a guy who was the number 1 pick not that long ago.  I get the sense that there's still the Seguin effect on Chiarella's willingness to trade any of these young players, much less to give them away if the reports are true.

The Sens, the Habs and the Jets made offers for Yakupov so far. 

And he really want to be traded apparently

as for Drouin i guess the Ducks and the Wild have the most aggressive offers on the table with the Blues coming back in the mix this morning. I still think there's chances he's only moved at the draft. 

Edited by SterioDesign

Shero better be active today, no reason to keep any of the vets that are not part of the future

Schlemko

Stepniak

Kennedy

tootoo  or ruutu ( pipedream I know!)

even guys like Gelinas & Merril

if you can get something for them do it!!

9 minutes ago, redruM said:

Shero better be active today, no reason to keep any of the vets that are not part of the future

Schlemko

Stepniak

Kennedy

Gelinas and Merril you can wait til the draft but yeah sell sell sell.

16 minutes ago, redruM said:

Schlemko

Stepniak

Kennedy

Yeah, I wasn't originally on board for selling off giving the teams performance this year but seeing the prices being paid for guys like Veersteg and Polak, moving Stempniak and Schlemko seems like a must do.   

24 minutes ago, redruM said:

Schlemko

Stepniak

Kennedy

I have a feeling Shero is cooking something big.  If he was looking for 2nd/3rds/etc he probably could've already gotten em by now.

Just now, redruM said:

I generally agree, but at the same time, we can't have it both ways...which means if he deals some guys and the returns aren't sexy, we can't get too pissy about it.  If Shero doesn't get as much for these guys as we all initially hoped, I think we have to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume that he got as much as he could for whomever he moves. 

There's red flags on just about everyone the Devils would like to move.  Schlemko had never played more than 48 NHL games in any season previously, and Stempniak has hardly been a consistent offensive force throughout his career.  Yeah, there's a good chance both players might be nothing more than rentals for any potential new teams, so it's not like their new teams would necessarily be concerned about their long-term contributions, but neither player is much of guarantee to help short-term either.  I can understand why GMs wouldn't want to give up that much for those guys. 

Also fair to remember that teams looking to dump a guy who still contributes (maybe not in the glamour numbers) but makes a little too much money or (or his team now has a younger guy ready to take his job at a lower cost) can sometimes be had for a pair of mid-round picks.  Devils could afford to take a guy like that on with their current payroll situation.  It's not necessarily a bad thing to have a surplus of third and fourth round picks. 

Kovalchuk is really something else. Told his agent he wants to be moved somewhere today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, Zubie#8 said:

Kovalchuk is really something else. Told his agent he wants to be moved somewhere today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can pull that sh!t when you're good.  When you're past your prime and underachieving, it's a little tougher.    

Edited by Lateralous