2016 NHL Trade Deadline Thread

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He'll replace it with his traditional playoff chances in every game thread. 

If we don't re-sign Gionta we'll have plenty of tiny jerseys available...

Gelinas is terrible.  I don't think he holds any value unless you package him with other players in a one player deal.  

If we get out of the deadline with a combination of a 2nd and two 3rds, job well done this year. 

Much more competitive than I thought we'd be, dealing with injuries, hanging around. Dropped these last two games at the perfect time, deal the one year guys for picks and continue the rebuild. 

41 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Yeah I thought he'd bring back more than that... I'd rather keep him than deal him for a mid-rounder.

Then you overrated his value.  He's a middling d-man that isn't physical or particularly offensively gifted, and had a -15 after being a scrap heap signing.  A third was about all I was expecting/hoping for.

Yeah I thought he'd bring back more than that... I'd rather keep him than deal him for a mid-rounder.

Then you overrated his value.  He's a middling d-man that isn't physical or particularly offensively gifted, and had a -15 after being a scrap heap signing.  A third was about all I was expecting/hoping for.

When I say mid-rounder, I mean a 4th or lower. That's the way that tweet made it sound. A 3rd is the absolute minimum I'd expect in return for Schlemko.

4 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

When I say mid-rounder, I mean a 4th or lower. That's the way that tweet made it sound. A 3rd is the absolute minimum I'd expect in return for Schlemko.

I take mid-rounder as 3rd-5th.  I wouldn't really waste my time with a 4th or below either, a 3rd is okay by me.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I take mid-rounder as 3rd-5th.  I wouldn't really waste my time with a 4th or below either, a 3rd is okay by me.

We're in agreement on that. I would take a 3rd, but no lower.

11 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

We're in agreement on that. I would take a 3rd, but no lower.

We don't need to dump salary, so we can be picky. No reason to send him out without a decent return. I think a 3rd is about right. 

5 minutes ago, CarpathianForest said:

I'm hoping we push Merrill and Gelinas out.

Word. 

Starting to get the feeling whatever the Devils get back is going to be underwhelming.  Seems like what the Devils have to offer are everyone's Plan B/C/D players.  Think I'd rather get something than nothing for these guys though.  This team is not playoff-bound.  No reason to keep them together.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Think I'd rather get something than nothing for these guys though.  This team is not playoff-bound.  No reason to keep them together.  

This is very true. Even the "best" of our available guys are really just retreads who over performed thus far this season. I don't know that the Devils have any intention in retaining any of them so might as well get a return on them. 

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

This is very true. Even the "best" of our available guys are really just retreads who over performed thus far this season. I don't know that the Devils have any intention in retaining any of them so might as well get a return on them. 

Stemps says he likes it here and wants to stay

stempniak - based on this year - should net a better return than andrew ladd. now that's certainly not gonna happen. but he should return a ton more than fvcking kris versteeg who hasn't been good in 5 years. and versteeg returned an interesting prospect.

i'd actually like to think that shero is working to do some interesting things like bring back picks to move again to teams that dealt - like how florida wants picks for prirri. well, get some with trades and deal for prirri. or yakupov