2016 NHL Trade Deadline Thread

11 minutes ago, Daniel said:

If that's true, it's a pretty depressing thought. 

Do you watch an of the Oiler games? Remember that Eberle is playing on a team with quite a few talented fowards. Like Palmieri on the Ducks, Eberle's talent is diluted by the other players' abilities.

I don't know what you're looking at, but this season he has 20 goals and 17 assists and he has only scored less than 20 goals two times, one of those times being the lockout shortened season. Eberle would be a boon for us. Better than Drouin who is an unproven commodity.

Edited by CarpathianForest
  • Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He'll replace it with his traditional playoff chances in every game thread. 

If we don't re-sign Gionta we'll have plenty of tiny jerseys available...

Gelinas is terrible.  I don't think he holds any value unless you package him with other players in a one player deal.  

1 hour ago, CarpathianForest said:

Do you watch an of the Oiler games? Remember that Eberle is playing on a team with quite a few talented fowards. Like Palmieri on the Ducks, Eberle's talent is diluted by the other players' abilities.

I don't know what you're looking at, but this season he has 20 goals and 17 assists and he has only scored less than 20 goals two times, one of those times being the lockout shortened season. Eberle would be a boon for us. Better than Drouin who is an unproven commodity.

He's a twenty to thirty goal scorer right winger, and who knows whether he has any ability to play on the defensive side. How terrible the Oilers have been since he's been there would suggest the answer is probably not.  Not that I'm suggesting that we need another defensive forward, but if you can't play defense you should be putting up a lot more goals if I'm not going to be depressed that this guy is the team's best forward, if that's what it comes down to.

Otherwise the fact that the Oilers have a lot of scoring forwards can work both ways, so far as whether his offensive numbers are more or less impressive than they seem. Does he draw tougher assignments than players like Hall, McDavid, Hopkins, Draisatl?   Unless he gets really crap ice time, I don't find the point totals all that impressive.  (Isn't he also a UFA in the not too distant future).

On 2/27/2016 at 1:39 AM, Martyisth3b3st said:

Severson hasn't been fantastic, but he certainly hasn't been awful. He also hasn't sat around not playing hockey for months. If Drouin's value is so exceptional, why hasn't a trade been made? 

Im not saying Stempniak and Merrill would get it done. I AM saying that Severson and a 1st round pick is a laughable overpayment. 

It's Yzerman. He'll wait and play each offer until he gets the one that's best.

It will be interesting to see what overrated prospect drech the rags overhyped and got the idiot Hurricanes to bite on. You know teams just bend over backwards to make sure the lordly Rags get their guys for zilch

2 minutes ago, '7' said:

It will be interesting to see what overrated prospect drech the rags overhyped and got the idiot Hurricanes to bite on. You know teams just bend over backwards to make sure the lordly Rags get their guys for zilch

DuClair is the real deal, plus the fact that they haven't had a first round pick for hat seems like forever means that teams are giving the Rags a fairly hard bargain.   

This time around, seems like the Rags didn't have to give up much.  Of course, Staal hasn't had a great year, he's truly a rental, and the Canes probably didn't have much else in the way of options.  

Good trade for the Rangers, although I still think it's not enough. And there's no way he can re-sign him.

Canes definitely lost this trade by retaining half of Staal's salary; like bowing down to your New York big market overlords just to make them happy. I'd be pissed if I were a Canes fan.

The Rangers the Yankees of the NHL. They grab whoever is at the top of the market every year and throw together a hodgepodge group of stars that made their names elsewhere. Not surprisingly, it hasn't gone particularly well for either team for some time.

14 minutes ago, Daniel said:

DuClair is the real deal, plus the fact that they haven't had a first round pick for hat seems like forever means that teams are giving the Rags a fairly hard bargain.   

This time around, seems like the Rags didn't have to give up much.  Of course, Staal hasn't had a great year, he's truly a rental, and the Canes probably didn't have much else in the way of options.  

Dreger's saying Eric Staal would only waive his NMC/NTC to go to the Rangers.... per usual... like always.... every time.

So yeah they fit a square peg into a round hole and Rangers come out winners.

Edited by DJ Eco

Wait, people dont think the Rangers gave up a lot?

2 seconds is a ton considering they dont have much in the way of draft picks the next few years. Also, Saarela is a good prospect. Look up his numbers in one of the best men's league in the world. Staal is a good player but he isnt the Eric Staal of 2006, or even 2010. I still dont see how they're getting by TB or WSH with that defense