GDT - Devils vs Blue Jackets - 2/25/16

NJDfan1711

12 minutes ago, devils102 said:

PAAAAIIIIINNNNFFULLL....

We really needed that game.

Toronto may be about to do us a big favour against Carolina. But, as Steve C. pointed out tonight, we need to win 14 out of 20 now (or get 28 points) to get 95 points on the season -- which would give us a shot at the playoffs.

RAMONEEEEEEEEE STOP LETTING THE BLUE JACKETS SH1T YOUR CHEST RAMONEEE

but seriously. I think after tonight we can kiss the playoffs goodbye.

27 minutes ago, devils102 said:

PAAAAIIIIINNNNFFULLL....

Toronto may be about to do us a big favour against Carolina. But, as Steve C. pointed out tonight, we need to win 14 out of 20 now (or get 28 points) to get 95 points on the season -- which would give us a shot at the playoffs.

Inert mandatory Jim Mora meme here:

PAAAAIIIIINNNNFFULLL....

RAMONEEEEEEEEE STOP LETTING THE BLUE JACKETS SH1T YOUR CHEST RAMONEEE

but seriously. I think after tonight we can kiss the playoffs goodbye.

• Like 2

With 20 games to go this is how our playoff chances break down.  I'm gonna do this every 5 games, so the next time you'll see this will be with 15 remaining games.

• 11-6-3 = 92 point finish (53.7% chance)
  • 12-7-1 = 92 point finish (58.1% chance)
  • 11-5-4 = 93 point finish (73.3% chance)
  • 12-6-2 = 93 point finish (75.5% chance)
  • 12-5-3 = 94 point finish (88.1% chance)
  • 13-5-2 = 95 point finish (95.6% chance)
  • 13-4-3 = 96 point finish (98.7% chance)
  • 14-4-2 = 97 point finish (99.7% chance)

Anything better than that is a 100% chance of making the playoffs.

15 minutes ago, Mike Brown said:

With 20 games to go this is how our playoff chances break down.  I'm gonna do this every 5 games, so the next time you'll see this will be with 15 remaining games.

I won't dispute your math, but none of those are going to happen. 

I saw Korpisalo's NHL debut earlier this season, and I didn't know what it was but I just had a feeling that he's going to be a legit NHL #1. I'm not intimately familiar with the position, and I'm not under any delusion that you can gauge any player on a single game, but I just had a feeling. I think it was his poise. If you didn't know who he was and caught a glimpse of him in action, you'd think he was a seasoned NHL vet. You see guys come in and put on impressive shows when they break in, but you never see such confident body language from a guy so inexperienced.

The performance by this team was absolutely infuriating. A big game against an absolute dog sh!t team and we sh!t the bed. Lose 4 out of the past 5 games in just a week and a half. Can't beat sh!t teams like Columbus and Toronto. Absolute fvcking joke that they weren't prepared to play this game tonight. 

Josefson is such a loser, it's pathetic at this point. 

Add me to the list of posters here who can't wait to see Gionta and Tootoo off the team. 

And the ref can go fvck himself too. Why these dumb fvcks always blow the whistle so god damn early is something I'll never understand. If the league wants to increase scoring they should have the refs wait 2-3 seconds and make sure the goalie has the puck. It should never be just because the ref can't see the puck. Such a joke. 

Edited by Satans Hockey

9 hours ago, Mike Brown said:

them's tank worthy stats! aint hap'nin. play kinkaid 50/50 and save cory's stats, award sislos play (screw the ahl POs), etc

11 hours ago, Mike Brown said:

I think the Devils might be able to pull off 90 points, but no more.

No ill will towards this team at all, but they don't deserve to be kept intact.  They had their shot to try to show something in the games leading up to the deadline and they failed.  Sell off Stempniak and others and start planning for 2016-17 and beyond.  I don't care what the standings say for the moment...this is not a playoff contender (never really was, though it fun to watch them trying to fake it for as long as they did) and shouldn't be treated as such.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

2 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

And this shouldn't be a rule, especially when the goalie didn't even have the puck for a second.

It absolutely should be a rule.  First off, imagine the simple case where the referee's whistle malfunctions.  So play just goes on until one of the other officials sees that he intends to blow the play dead?  Second, there is a period of time between when the referee blows his whistle and he intends to blow it, and this rule acknowledges that.  I don't know why they ever went to video review, the play was unreviewable.

20 minutes ago, Triumph said:

It absolutely should be a rule.  First off, imagine the simple case where the referee's whistle malfunctions.  So play just goes on until one of the other officials sees that he intends to blow the play dead?  Second, there is a period of time between when the referee blows his whistle and he intends to blow it, and this rule acknowledges that.  I don't know why they ever went to video review, the play was unreviewable.

How many times does a whistle actually malfunction? That shouldn't even be a concern and that still doesn't change the fact the ref absolutely messed up. 

Players don't stop until after the whistle was blown and that's exactly why the play should be good until the actual whistle is blown. This would have been a good goal and changed the momentum of the game. 

Sad how is missing the playoffs could end up being the direct result of losing all of or games against the Blue Jackets.  

Last night was the first time this season I was pissed off watching a game.  So frustrating to go from the effort and game they played against the Rags on Tuesday to this atrocity.  Time to sell off the spare parts for assets.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mike Brown said:

With our next 5 against TAM, CAR, NAS, DAL, and PIT...we'll get maybe 5-6 points.

Then we run into the Big 3 out West ANA,SJ, LA...where we might get 2-3 points.

So it ain't looking good...we need 2006 all over again

Edited by BlueSkirt
typo