Stefan Matteau to Montreal for Devante Smith-Pelly

eaglejelly

4 hours ago, Chuck the Duck said:

Matteau was a misused asset since day 1.   Maybe a change of scenery will do him good. 

Matteau was a misused asset since day 1.   Maybe a change of scenery will do him good. 

Don't agree he was a bad choice since day 1.

4 hours ago, Chuck the Duck said:

Don't agree he was a bad choice since day 1.

3 minutes ago, Jerzey said:

And the best part is it was posted two times, posted two times.

And when I quoted it, 4 times. 

3 minutes ago, Jerzey said:

And when I quoted it, 4 times. 

5 minutes ago, roomtemp said:

There goes the dream of Matteau scoring a series clinching goal against the Rags

There goes the dream of Matteau scoring a series clinching goal against the Rags

Few things from that sentence don't apply to our team. Scoring and series, notably. 

5 minutes ago, roomtemp said:

Few things from that sentence don't apply to our team. Scoring and series, notably. 

Just now, mfitz804 said:

Yes that's why it was a dream... a sweet sweet dream

Just now, mfitz804 said:

Yes that's why it was a dream... a sweet sweet dream

Matteau had some really good potential, but was never used correctly.     Going to hate to watch him flourish in Montreal.

Matteau had some really good potential, but was never used correctly.     Going to hate to watch him flourish in Montreal.

7 hours ago, MantaRay said:

I think Gelinas may flourish under a former coach in Colorado like Roy, but Matteau?  Somehow I doubt it.  If I can ask, how do you think he was mis-used?  Did he deserve some kind of top 6 role? I think he was played in the roles he was suited for.  I think he's progressing, but I don't think that progress will amount to a top 6 forward.

Edited by RizzMB30

21 hours ago, RizzMB30 said:

I think Gelinas may flourish under a former coach in Colorado like Roy, but Matteau?  Somehow I doubt it.  If I can ask, how do you think he was mis-used?  Did he deserve some kind of top 6 role? I think he was played in the roles he was suited for.  I think he's progressing, but I don't think that progress will amount to a top 6 forward.

Yes, I do.  

Back in November, when he was seeing some PP time he was starting to play with confidence.   He was one of the better Devil forwards in terms of transition.   The points weren't there but he was starting to acclimate to the pro game, then they stopped playing him and he never got a chance to grow off that.     I don't know if he had an attitude problem or what but, I really think with the proper experience he will be a 40 point player but with some leadership intangibles.    Time will tell, but I think we gave up on him too soon.  

The DeBoer debacle hurt him more that Larsson.  

Edited by MantaRay

Smith-Pelly just got a diving/embellishment fine retroactive to one of his last games with the Habs LOL... Doesn't change the headline though: "Two Devils (Smith-Pelly and Blandisi) fined for diving/embellishment". We're really the laughingstock of the league with diving this year, this better not be an issue again moving forward.

Smith-Pelly just got a diving/embellishment fine retroactive to one of his last games with the Habs LOL... Doesn't change the headline though: "Two Devils (Smith-Pelly and Blandisi) fined for diving/embellishment". We're really the laughingstock of the league with diving this year, this better not be an issue again moving forward.