GDT: (3/3) Your New Jersey Devils @ Smashville

Zubie#8

2 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

Can anyone explain the bizarre penalty on Rinne? I've seen that play a thousand times 

Goalie can't fall on the puck so far away from the crease.  It's like covering the puck behind the net or stickhandling outside the Marty trapezoid.  

• Like 1

I think Devonte Smith-Pelly had a pretty great debut overall.  It'll be interesting to see if he can stick in the top 6 because I don't think he'll be able to hack it, but we'll see.  Hynes has faith in him in that role for some reason.  

Also, I think Hynes should really consider not benching Severson when Merril has such a piss-poor game defensively.

Edited by RizzMB30
  • Like 1

Great win!

ALL SITUATIONS

• Shots: 34-33 Predators
  • Corsi: 60-50 Predators
  • Scoring Chances: 28-25 Predators
  • HD Scoring Chances: 11-9 Devils

5 on 5

• Shots: 31-19 Predators
  • Corsi: 57-34 Predators
  • Scoring Chances: 26-14 Predators
  • HD Scoring Chances: 8-5 Predators
  • Like 1

Hey, I'm thankful they turned it around and won it, but I'm not gonna apologize for thinking after what's seemed like a month solid of blowing games and points by surrendering last minute goals over and over and over that they had done it yet again, geez.

• Like 2

Hard to believe that the Devils actually have an outside shot to have two players finish with 30 goals (though I'll be surprised if either Palmieri or Henrique manage to pull that off).

Zajac quietly putting up some respectable offensive numbers lately:  4 G and 10 A in his last 18 GP.  He had no goals and 8 A in his prior 26 GP, so who knows if this latest little surge in the glamour numbers means anything, but I guess that I'm always looking for signs that Travis will find some more offense to his game again.  This is probably just the kind of nice numbers run a 40-50 point guy goes on, before it goes the other way for a while.  Just really rooting for him...