2016 Miami Dolphins thread

Hi, I'm VALUE!

20 minutes ago, '7' said:

It would do the Jets and Giants a lot of good to embark on a Hard Rock style makeover. At least give the fans overhangs from the elements, break up the seats a bit so it isn't just some cookie cutter type symmetrical bore. 

You look at Jerryworld, look at Minnesota and what's about to happen in Atlanta and you see how badly we whiffed on this. Granted cost of building in NJ vs the other states is way different but who said you had to make it 82,000 seats them. Do 70,000 seats. Make things closer to the field. The upper deck at Metlife is 9 miles away

Not to mention having to deal with a second team in the stadium, that also complicates a stadium build.  The only other shared stadium iirc is Staples Center and everyone associates that with the Lakers with the Clippers being the clear second-class (despite being the better team right now).

But yeah even the outside of MetLife is bleh, it looks like a giant air conditioner.

MD2020...sincerely hope the Dolphins didn't already kill your interest in this season.  Truly.  You're one of the most die-hard and loyal fans I know. 

• Like 1

Goal for Miami should be 3-4 at the Bye. Their schedule eases up after that. They can still get to 8-8 or 9-7 with some luck. Sweeping Buffalo is a must for Miami. Also they have to hope NE is playing for nothing on Jan 1. Major crisis if they lose to Cleveland though (and I don't think they will)

• Like 1

MD2020...sincerely hope the Dolphins didn't already kill your interest in this season.  Truly.  You're one of the most die-hard and loyal fans I know. 

Nah man, I expected to be 0-2 with @Seattle and @NE to start. Now they have the most winnable game on the schedule Sunday against rookie 3rd string QB Cody Kessler and the Browns, with a quick turnaround @Cincy next Thursday... I'm thinking 1-3 is likely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, never thought I'd agree with Philbin, but boy was he right when he wanted to draft Carr and dump Tannehill. He is bar none the worst QB in the NFL. They've given this absolute loser everything he could ask for and he's still an utter failure. Yeah pretty boy, you can make the completion when you have ten fvcking seconds to throw the ball, but god forbid there's a d-lineman within five yards of your delicate little self and you fall to pieces.

Tannehill just go somewhere and fvck the fvck off. YOU SUCK!!!

On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 4:19 PM, Daniel said:

Wow, never thought I'd agree with Philbin, but boy was he right when he wanted to draft Carr and dump Tannehill. He is bar none the worst QB in the NFL. They've given this absolute loser everything he could ask for and he's still an utter failure. Yeah pretty boy, you can make the completion when you have ten fvcking seconds to throw the ball, but god forbid there's a d-lineman within five yards of your delicate little self and you fall to pieces.

Tannehill just go somewhere and fvck the fvck off. YOU SUCK!!!

I used to think that you were too hard on Tannehill, but after last night, not anymore.  Part of the problem is that his career numbers look pretty good...but the problem with today's NFL is that it's really hard to put up those truly quick-glance awful numbers...most starting QBs put up good enough stats now that you don't get those "OMG, this guy sucks" smoking gun-types of bad numbers. 

I really thought he was going to a solid QB in this league once he put it all together, I truly did...but it's not going to happen.  In his 5th year, it's actually all coming apart.  Unless he turns it around basically immediately, yeah, the Dolphins should seriously consider moving on.

Good article that sums it all up:

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/ryan-tannehill-has-run-out-of-excuses-for-his-poor-play-092916

The only thing I like about this season is that Miami is now benching underperforming players (where possible - I'm willing to be Kraig Urbik, JuWann James and Billy Turner are back out there is Steen/Pouncey/Albert are not out there next week).  

Removing the Stills touchdown from the game, Tanehill was 2/8 for 9 yards at the end of the first half.  That's Purple-Drank-JaMarcus-level play there.  

I've always been one of the first to point to poor offensive line play as Tannehill's chief excuse - and yes, that was there in SPADES last night - but it's clear that Miami needs to move on from Tannehill.  Even if he has the smarts to somehow turn it around and become a good quarterback in this league, I think there comes a point where the marriage is over and everyone involved is best moving on.  Sadly, I think the contract dictates he gets one more year on the roster unless Miami designates him as a post-June-1 cut - but even then, what do you replace him with?  Here's a CBS Sports current ranking of quarterbacks for 2017 - I don't know college FB, so I couldn't tell you if there's a franchise QB on this roster, but I will say that Miami is probably not getting them without giving up major assets to trade up, as I think they're going to win too many games this year.

EDIT: And to show both sides of the coin, here are the projected free agent quarterbacks in 2017.  A thorough pile of mediocrity.

Edited by Hi, I'm VALUE!
  • Like 1

He just looks like David Carr, he's been so beaten down from all the abuse and terrible o-line's he's had that he just expects to get sacked after three seconds and doesn't even try anymore.....that was painful to watch..... funny side note as we watched the second half (painfully) my GF goes to me "you don't have any Dolphins on your fantasy teams right?" I told her "I had one and he's on my bench (forgetting about the one I played in this league" and she just goes "GOOD" and powers on her Nook :lol:

this might be one of those much needed "bottoming out" seasons....

• Like 1

http://deadspin.com/the-dolphins-do-everything-wrong-1787285539?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_facebook&utm_source=deadspin_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

Tannehill can be redeemed, he just may need a new franchise at this point.
My prediction is that Romo is cut loose at the end of the season and the Jets/Bears/Dolphins will probably be looking at him as a stopgap. 

Tannehill can't be redeemed. He is what he is. He sucks.

He just looks like David Carr, he's been so beaten down from all the abuse and terrible o-line's he's had that he just expects to get sacked after three seconds and doesn't even try anymore.....that was painful to watch..... funny side note as we watched the second half (painfully) my GF goes to me "you don't have any Dolphins on your fantasy teams right?" I told her "I had one and he's on my bench (forgetting about the one I played in this league" and she just goes "GOOD" and powers on her Nook :lol:
this might be one of those much needed "bottoming out" seasons....

I'm all for bottoming out if it lands us DeShaun Watson... But I'm sure we'll win some meaningless games down the stretch, taking away any chance of that, just like in 2011 when we blew our chance at Luck. [emoji35]

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

I'm all for bottoming out if it lands us DeShaun Watson... But I'm sure we'll win some meaningless games down the stretch, taking away any chance of that, just like in 2011 when we blew our chance at Luck. emoji35.png

The bad part is Chicago and Cleveland are still worse than Miami and San Francisco is in that conversation too

Honestly watching the Colts this morning (stupid London games :P) .....i might add them to the sh!tpile at the bottom, their line isn't much better than Miami's and Luck's getting eaten alive too....he might be a season away from becoming captain happy-feet.....

I might actually give Tannehill a pass for this week's performance.  Billy Turner was the starting left tackle, and Ju'Wan James looked just plain awful. 

I'm just annoyed at myself for wasting money on the Sunday Ticket if the Dolphins aren't playing for anything by week 6. 

I might actually give Tannehill a pass for this week's performance.  Billy Turner was the starting left tackle, and Ju'Wan James looked just plain awful. 
I'm just annoyed at myself for wasting money on the Sunday Ticket if the Dolphins aren't playing for anything by week 6. 

I'm actually thinking of cancelling my trip down there... I booked the flight, but I haven't bought the game tickets yet, so I still gotta think about it. I've had it. I'll watch the games on TV, but I've reached the point where I honestly don't want to put money directly in Ross' pocket until he demonstrates he knows how to own a football team. It's not even fun anymore. Can't wait for the embarrassment next week where there are 50,000 Steeler fans in our building watching their team curb-stomp the Dolphins by 45. That'll be fun. I'll be watching the game at a good friend of mine's who's a Steeler fan next week- can't wait. [emoji53]