Jump to content

2016 New York Jets thread


NJDevs4978
 Share

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

And Fitz went from hero to zero in a week :P

A lot of bad Fitz on display today.  Didn't see much of that in 2015.  

Geez, it was almost like he was TRYING to get picked on that possession.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Seriously...another week or two of this and we might be subjected to the Geno horror show :P

As rotten of a day as that was for Fitzpatrick...even the better QBs sometimes have 'em.  He may not have the same kind of season that he had last year, but I don't think he's going to fall apart.  One of those games where the head coach has to bench the guy too.  After Pick #4, that should've been it.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This was really one of the more disgraceful qb'ing performances I've seen in a long time

 Time after time again Fitz forced balls into double or triple coverage only to have the balls deflected and intercepted. 

He played as bad a game at QB as I've ever seen. Just no awareness. No ability to read and react. He just forced the ball everywhere at all times. Brainless quarterbacking.

And the Chief have a very below average set of offensive weapons that still lit up our crap secondary. No 3rd down was well defended. Whenever they needed a conversion they got it

Revis looks like junk. He is an absolute liability and is hurting this team.

Bowles was embarrassed by Reid. He had extra time to prepare and Reid schooled him. 

 

Edited by '7'
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, '7' said:

This was really one of the more disgraceful qb'ing performances I've seen in a long time. Time after time again Fitz forced balls into double or triple coverage only to have the balls deflected and intercepted. He played as bad a game at QB as I've ever seen. Just no awareness. No ability to read and react. He just forced the ball everywhere at all times. Brainless quarterbacking.

Bowles was embarrassed by Reid. He had extra time to prepare and Reid schooled him. 

It was a horrid game all-around. No other way to say it. Todd Bowles had 10 days, and sh!t his pants. He is unquestionably the weakest link on this team. His deficiencies are glaring, and he doesn't show any signs of changing\improving anytime soon. In retrospect, that little 6 game winning streak last season may've his career. If the Jets even went .500 during those games, what exactly are we talking about? A guy with a losing record, coaching a team with very little holes? Fitzpatrick is more than competent to win games, despite his poor showing last night. The Broncos & Patriots lost Tom Brady & Peyton Manning this season, supplemented them with 3 rookies, and are a combined 6-0. It's time for Todd Bowles to step up, show up, and man up. Games like yesterday prove why Miami looked elsewhere in 2011.

**3 Positives..

The Front Seven: The score may show 24-3.. but only 1 TD came from the Chiefs offense. The Jets held KC under 300 yrds for the day, and under 100 rushing for the third straight game this season. (6th straight if you go all the way back to last season) For all the praise that Sheldon Richardson & Muhammad Wilkerson get as a duo, Steve McLendon & Leonard Williams are both playing at a Probowl level. They have 5 sacks combined over these last 3 games, and are drawing holding penalties during critical drives. Teams can't run on the Jets, and that will be an extremely big advantage if\when the secondary gets in order.

Bilal: Gonna make this short, and sweet: 73 mother fvckin' rushing yards on 9 carries over the last 3 games, from a 27 year old kid who's hungry as fvck. Chan fvcked up. He knows he fvcked up. Get ready to see a whole lot more of BP the rest of the season.

The Schedule: Let's be honest with ourselves.. no one predicted the Jets to be 3-1 after the first four games this season. It would've been nice, but it wasn't a reasonable prediction. We all said we would've been happy with 2-2, and that's at our doorstep this Sunday.. against a Seattle team struggling to score.. playing a 1pm game cross country.. with a banged up QB.. at MetLife, where the Jets are 7-3 under Bowles. Next Sunday is the season for the Jets, and they can absolutely win this game. They SHOULD absolutely win this game!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So apparently the Jets just claimed Austin Seferian-Jenkins, the same guy who just got arrested for a DUI and cut by the Bucs (and supposedly has other issues on top of that).  Even aside from the fact the Jets offense doesn't use TE's anyway I really don't get why you'd invite the circus back to town.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

So apparently the Jets just claimed Austin Seferian-Jenkins, the same guy who just got arrested for a DUI and cut by the Bucs (and supposedly has other issues on top of that).  Even aside from the fact the Jets offense doesn't use TE's anyway I really don't get why you'd invite the circus back to town.

The circus is back in town.. and the tarps are blue.

 

Beckham.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

..back on topic, I fvcking love this signing. We have no TE on this team! Absolutely nobody. Seferian-Jenkins is a 23 year old kid, who's VERY raw, but physically gifted. He's got 7 TD's over his last 13 games.. and at 6'6½ he provides a nice redzone target for Fitz. He also can block.

I'm not saying this is the 2nd coming of Gronk.. but it was an area the Jets desperately needed help in. Let's Go!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So, the Jets will be bringing in CJ Spiller for a full workout this morning.. and it looks like they plan on signing the 29 year old.

I don't think anyone is expecting the 2012 Probowl version of CJ, that saw him run for 1,200 and catch for 500.. but if he's serviceable enough, he could be a great compliment to Forte & Powell. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Spiller isn't a bad idea. He won't play a huge role in the offense but hopefully he's a guy who can run back a kick or punt and not cough up the ball like Jalin Marshall. Basically we were hoping from something from Khiry Robinson this year who ended up breaking his leg...so Spiller will probably play that role.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not terribly excited about either of these moves; seems like chasing the past on a couple of guys who were interesting 2-3 years ago. At least with Spiller you can argue the Gailey factor and the special teams value, but ASJ is liability on and off the field in addition to being a poor schematic fit.

Edited by nmigliore
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, '7' said:

He won't play a huge role in the offense, but hopefully he's a guy who can run back a kick or punt and not cough up the ball like Jalin Marshall.

imo this is exactly why we're bringing him in. Jalin's actually got 3 fumbles over the last 3 games.. one of which was technically ruled an incomplete pass in the 3rd quarter of the Bengals game, but see for yourself. I thought the refs were extremely generous.

I'm all for giving young players a shot, but the kid can't hold onto the ball, and that's a liability. Doesn't help that he's doing next to NOTHING on special teams either. They put in Enunwa as the KR last week in the 4th quarter (almost to see if the lack of explosion by Jalin's been a coverage problem) and Enunwa returns the fvcker for 60 yards. And that's Enunwa! Spiller is still a competent RB. He can line up as a WR on zone coverage's, and can be a PR\KR. If nothing else, he's an insurance policy in case either Powell or Forte get hurt. Who knows.. the Jets might be looking to move quickly on CJ to beat out the Giants now that they lost Vereen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Beezer34 said:

imo this is exactly why we're bringing him in. Jalin's actually got 3 fumbles over the last 3 games.. one of which was technically ruled an incomplete pass in the 3rd quarter of the Bengals game, but see for yourself. I thought the refs were extremely generous.

I'm all for giving young players a shot, but the kid can't hold onto the ball, and that's a liability. Doesn't help that he's doing next to NOTHING on special teams either. They put in Enunwa as the KR last week in the 4th quarter (almost to see if the lack of explosion by Jalin's been a coverage problem) and Enunwa returns the fvcker for 60 yards. And that's Enunwa! Spiller is still a competent RB. He can line up as a WR on zone coverage's, and can be a PR\KR. If nothing else, he's an insurance policy in case either Powell or Forte get hurt. Who knows.. the Jets might be looking to move quickly on CJ to beat out the Giants now that they lost Vereen.

Good point there. Didn't think of that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Regarding Sefarian-Jenkins...low risk high reward. Doesn't hurt having a 6'5 TE who is athletic. Similar to Kellen Winslow a few years ago.

Not sure how much a TE would factor into Gaileys offense anyway but hey, he's at least an athletic guy who can stretch the field and has to be accounted for. And if he slips up...his ass is cut.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

And now Decker getting an MRI for a shoulder injury. Could potentially be serious. With Marshall banged up, and Revis looking like trash...this season could spiral into 5-11 very quickly. Jalin Marshall, who showed promise as a receiver but can't hold on to the ball when he catches it, also appears to be out for a few weeks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, '7' said:

And now Decker getting an MRI for a shoulder injury. Could potentially be serious. With Marshall banged up, and Revis looking like trash...this season could spiral into 5-11 very quickly. Jalin Marshall, who showed promise as a receiver but can't hold on to the ball when he catches it, also appears to be out for a few weeks.

Not unless this is a Met-like season where some third string CB comes out of nowhere to shine and the passing attack rolls along with Enunwa, Peake, Robbie Anderson and Seferian-Jenkins leading the way lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey Enunwa is no joke ;-) But the rest are unproven. I think Marshall limps through the season but is not nearly as productive as we need him to be. Sefarian-Jenkins hopefully can at least be a red zone threat because we sure as hell haven't used the TE position between the 20's in years.

This team needs both Decker and Marshall to function. Even one or the other isn't good enough.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just as I feared the game against the Bengals would prove immensely costly and so far it has been.  Now we're not even ahead of the lousy Bills lol...barring a miracle (or another lousy Arizona performance in primetime) they'll be 1-5 and might as well shut Decker down after that :P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This was a sad but not entirely unsurprising result. Seattle is flat out better than the Jets, they have been for a while, and their coaching advantage over us was readily apparent. I'm not giving up on Bowles yet but it is really disconcerting at how supposedly a secondary guy can't coach up what we have back there. The D-Line is elite, and we knew the secondary wasn't going to be a strength but there is no excuse for them being this wretched.

Fitz wasn't the sole reason he lost but that throw to Sherman was atrocious and snuffed out any chance we had at coming back. Still it's not like we could ever at any time stop Seattle. Their misdirection offense and speed had us like chickens with their heads cut off. Once Forte was bottled up after the first drive and Fitz was forced to beat that secondary on his own...it was over.

And our season is essentially over as well as we have to go to Pittsburgh next week where we've won 1 game in our history I believe...our only win in the state of Pennsylvania.

Once this team sags to 1-5 you'll really hear the calls for a new QB. Ultimately I think it should be handed to Petty but they may shove Geno in their for one last chance.

As a pure strategic guy I worry about Bowles. I just don't know if he, like Terry Collins, understands the game situationally well enough to be a successful coach long term.

Edited by '7'
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Decker and Revis not practicing. Though Decker says he feels much better. Revis not playing would actually be addition by subtraction sad to say.

Pitt is going to throw at will on us. The Jets will be able to move the ball on Pittsburghs own porous secondary but they won't be able to put up enough points. Steelers will likely take this 34-21. Something like that. Antonio Brown may have 200+ receiving yards. The Jets can't stop a single thing Pittsburgh does in the air.

Edited by '7'
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.