Devils sign Barnabas Health to largest sponsorship in 8 years

Colin226

It's a slow day so I figured some good team news would be nice:

https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/710091409643192321

Health care brands continue to pay big $: @NJDevils sign Barnabas Health to biggest deal team has done in 8 years

Looks like they are becoming a "Presenting Sponsor" of the Devils, akin to Chase with NYR and McDonalds with LA Kings. AmeriHealth Pavilion will be renamed the "Barnabas Health Hockey House" and team practice jerseys will carry their name/logo. We've already seen Barnabas get their logo on the ice, and they were the sponsor of Brodeur Night programming on MSG.

3 minutes ago, Jerzey said:

Why would anyone want to sponsor practice jerseys? Especially for teams with closed practices.

Devils have some open practices now and they might open up more in the upcoming years.

Right now the NHL controls the game jerseys while teams still control the practice ones.  This is the closest these companies can come right now with putting their name on a jersey.

46 minutes ago, Chuck the Duck said:

Glad the team signed a nice sponsorship deal.  Don't care about the ads on practice jerseys (who sees them anyways), but the name they chose for the practice rink is just dumb.  

I like it better than Pavilion.  Pavilion sounds like a place where you preview the latest gadgets and other tech.

6 hours ago, Jerzey said:

Why would anyone want to sponsor practice jerseys? Especially for teams with closed practices.

Especially when the only beat writers covering our teams have the worst camera phones. I don't know why Gulitti and Chere's picture quality at practices is so abysmal lol..

I would also imagine that you will see practice jerseys for sale at the team store and on line with the Barnabas Health ad on them and a customization option.  As long as these ads don't make their way to the game jerseys, I'm ok with it.

The new owners/management has definitely done a good job in getting corporate sponsors back into the fold, and have done a really good job of selling most of the suites in the arena (I think there are only 6 still unsold).  The club/black seats in the lower bowl are still a problem though. 

7 minutes ago, Chuck the Duck said:

I would also imagine that you will see practice jerseys for sale at the team store and on line with the Barnabas Health ad on them and a customization option.  As long as these ads don't make their way to the game jerseys, I'm ok with it.

The new owners/management has definitely done a good job in getting corporate sponsors back into the fold, and have done a really good job of selling most of the suites in the arena (I think there are only 6 still unsold).  The club/black seats in the lower bowl are still a problem though. 

I doubt anyone would buy the ad patch.

Plus I rarely see the practice jerseys being sold as is.