Devils trying to find things to build on

Derek21

2 hours ago, lucifer91 said:

Whats a likely contract for Palmieri?

In the Game Day Thread, it's being speculated that Pamieri will warrant 5-6 years and between 5-6 million.  He's also a RFA, not an UFA, which gives him less leverage when negotiating a contract.  As it's harder for him to say, "Well I'll just goto other teams and see what they'll offer."  

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/134749/top-20-new-jersey-devils-prospects-developing-gusto/

In regards to the OP, this article is from February 23rd, but has some really good insights.  I think of the guys who have not turned pro yet, we have a good possibility to find some gems in our forward stock.  

Miles Wood, Alexander Kerfoot, Blake Speers, John Q, Pavel Zacha are all mentioned and are having great success.  I think all these guys stand a pretty good chance to at least stratch the surface in the pros.  

Edited by RizzMB30

While suggesting to trade Schneider is laughable at this point. And while it's wayyyyy too soon to say Wedge or Kinks could be true #1 goalies. There's a little truth that this scenario "could" be a good thing down the road. 

What and when would we need to see to make this as a good idea? Cause we all know the risk of burning years of Schneider in his prime (and top value) by the time we have a forward group that can be contenders. 

So Wedge keeping an insane save % and solid performance anytime he's in for 2 years? or stepping in for a 10 games stretch if schneider goes down again etc etc What would we need to see to start considering things seriously?

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

While suggesting to trade Schneider is laughable at this point. And while it's wayyyyy too soon to say Wedge or Kinks could be true #1 goalies. There's a little truth that this scenario "could" be a good thing down the road. 

What and when would we need to see to make this as a good idea? Cause we all know the risk of burning years of Schneider in his prime (and top value) by the time we have a forward group that can be contenders. 

So Wedge keeping an insane save % and solid performance anytime he's in for 2 years? or stepping in for a 10 games stretch if schneider goes down again etc etc What would we need to see to start considering things seriously?

@ The idea of trading Schneider personified in this gif.  

http://gph.is/1maiw0M

Blackwood is the only guy I would trust, but that's a stretch.  He's only 19 and while his OHL save percentage is one of the best in the league.  He's still 5-6 years away from even sniffing the NHL roster.  Schneider will be 35+ by then and we have to hope Blackwood is the guy of the future.  I don't think Wedge is that guy.  

Edited by RizzMB30