TG Leaving the Record

Daniel

TG was an invaluable source to us for years and years. He constantly had updates with quotes, notes, roster information, and signings. Best of all, he was likable and never idiotic unlike some other journalists who cover the Devils. I hate to see him go because he's is going to be damn hard to replace, but I'm happy he's on to new and better things (possibly, NHL.com sucks and is getting worse).

happy for TG but irrationally upset for us devils fans. there is almost no chance we get someone as good as TG. Gross, who also works for the record, and covers the Rangers is pretty good too and he's about 60% of what TG provides.

our best hope is that the record is lucky enough to pick up a good blog guy that's committed to the job. the problem is, the worst beat guy would be someone that is a fan of the team.

TG was one of the best in the business. His content was second to none and he did it in bulk too. He'll do well at NHLdotCom and he deserves nothing but success.

For the Devils fan this sucks. Chere offers nothing except for basic quotes and clickbait. Is it even certain The Record is going to replace TG? I bet TG brought a lot of vistors to the website but his replacement wont get the clicks he did.

Noticed a while back he was tweeting a lot of information  relating to the capitals. Thought it was strange. This explains it. 

Truly gutted to see him go. He is a big reason why I have been able to feel connected to the team and the personalities from such a long way away. 

11 hours ago, RizzMB30 said:

This x1000.  Is it a stretch to say that this is all Lou's fault?

Not sure if you're being sarcastic, but that's definitely a stretch haha... Out of anyone's control, including his employer (NJ Media Group), what kind of sweet offer NHL.com probably gave him to switch.

This x1000.  Is it a stretch to say that this is all Lou's fault?

Not sure if you're being sarcastic, but that's definitely a stretch haha... Out of anyone's control, including his employer (NJ Media Group), what kind of sweet offer NHL.com probably gave him to switch.

I was being sarcastic, yes, but somehow a lot of the the incoming changes feel related to turnover that the Devils have seen in the last 2 years or so.

Sent from my C6725 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Marshall said:

He's been a great beat writer and I both like and dislike that he just reported stuff without trying to analyse or discuss things. I won't miss the TG of the past year though when it seemed half his tweets were quoting tweets @ him and coming off as a jerk.

The thing that annoyed me more (maybe it's what you're referring to) is how he would often respond to fan questions on twitter that fans could easily figure out with a google search or going to any sports website.  Things like, what time does the game start, when's the next time the Devils play team x, etc.  I wonder whether it was one of those editorial decisions where his bosses gave him something of a quota so far as interacting with fans on twitter.

19 minutes ago, Daniel said:

The thing that annoyed me more (maybe it's what you're referring to) is how he would often respond to fan questions on twitter that fans could easily figure out with a google search or going to any sports website.  Things like, what time does the game start, when's the next time the Devils play team x, etc.  I wonder whether it was one of those editorial decisions where his bosses gave him something of a quota so far as interacting with fans on twitter.

Yeah it was weird. He'd answer THOSE tweets, with a tweet like "Check today's blog where I discuss that", or something like that. I get how he'd be frustrated getting some pretty idiotic troll-tweets everyday, but when you answer them (and almost exclusively), you egg it on even more.

But yeah, it's not just him, a lot of Twitter personalities deal with it, that's life on the net in 2016.

Bad news:  TG was the best.  He provided excellent updates and wrote good game summaries.

Good news:  With TG working for NHL.com, I won't have to unfollow him during the World Cup, as that's an NHL-run event and he (probably) can't complain about it anymore.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Daniel said:

Yeah, those were awful. I don't mean he shouldn't reply, I mean that spamming people's timelines with that stuff...