2016 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

MadDog2020

Eh. Mason has been great for them. Unfortunate for sure. But his team has only scored once against the Caps, who basically trap for 60 minutes. The Flyers will have to be a lot better at home when the series shifts. Nice bounce back by the Rangers. Got some good performances from key players (Miller, Brass, Kreider, Zuke) and Lundqvist played great. Kudos also to rookie Brady Skjei, who played 19 big minutes and looked like he should stay in. McIlrath also played but only 9 minutes. He was okay. 

Sharks vs Kings Game 2. Main event on now. Best rivalry right now. 

I expected the Flyers to come out a lot more physical against the Caps (a la their goat rodeo 2012 Pittsburgh series) than they have in games 1 & 2 in an attempt to rattle Washington's 3rd and  4th line.  Perhaps they are fearful of giving Washington too many power plays (the Caps have killed them so far) and the Caps maturity level has elevated under Trotz's leadership.  Difference in the series right now is Holtby.  I expect the next 2 games to be split in South Philly before the Caps close it out on Friday night in DC.

1 hour ago, MDPucks said:

I expected the Flyers to come out a lot more physical against the Caps (a la their goat rodeo 2012 Pittsburgh series) than they have in games 1 & 2 in an attempt to rattle Washington's 3rd and  4th line.  Perhaps they are fearful of giving Washington too many power plays (the Caps have killed them so far) and the Caps maturity level has elevated under Trotz's leadership.  Difference in the series right now is Holtby.  I expect the next 2 games to be split in South Philly before the Caps close it out on Friday night in DC.

They took some penalties and it hurt. Caps have converted on their chances. Flyers got to turn it up.

Back to the Pens-Rangers game on Saturday, it looked like the Penguins were trying to avoid shooting on Lundqvist. Malkin was with 2 others in a 3-on-1, had the best position to shoot, elects to go with the hardest pass of his 3 available options. YOU'RE MALKIN. SHOOT.

Penguins looked awful for most of the game, they better not fall down their usual playoff black hole by continuing that kind of play.

8 hours ago, Derek21 said:

Great game at Barclays Center. Islanders with an emotional comeback win over the Panthers. Full recap:

https://newyorkpuck.com/2016/04/18/hickeys-overtime-winner-lifts-islanders-to-exciting-4-3-overtime-win-over-panthers-in-game-3/

They absolutely need to get rid of this offsides review where a guy crosses the line a millimeter early because that's not the reason these goals are being scored.  Calling back the Ekblad goal changed the entire game yesterday.  Getting these offsides calls "right" doesn't really have the same impact as replaying a play at a bag in baseball or something like that. It would be interesting to see how many other slight offsides during the course of a game are missed.  I suspect it might be close to 15.      

On a side note, go Predators. I would love to see them make a run.  They kind of remind me of a pour mans version of our 2000 team with the proven defense and a young dynamic offense that no one talks about.  That Johansen for Seth Jones was one of the best trades in the NHL in the last several years.  Total win-win for both teams.       

Great game at Barclays Center. Islanders with an emotional comeback win over the Panthers. Full recap:

https://newyorkpuck.com/2016/04/18/hickeys-overtime-winner-lifts-islanders-to-exciting-4-3-overtime-win-over-panthers-in-game-3/

They absolutely need to get rid of this offsides review where a guy crosses the line a millimeter early because that's not the reason these goals are being scored.  Calling back the Ekblad goal changed the entire game yesterday.  Getting these offsides calls "right" doesn't really have the same impact as replaying a play at a bag in baseball or something like that. It would be interesting to see how many other slight offsides during the course of a game are missed.  I suspect it might be close to 15.      

On a side note, go Predators. I would love to see them make a run.  They kind of remind me of a pour mans version of our 2000 team with the proven defense and a young dynamic offense that no one talks about.  That Johansen for Seth Jones was one of the best trades in the NHL in the last several years.  Total win-win for both teams.       

Agreed. Enough is enough with the offsides and goalie interference challenges. They're ruining the game.

4 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

No idea where to put this. But fvck it I'm so excited. Proposed to my girlfriend of 5 years yesterday. She said yes. Go Devils.

Congratulations! I wish you 2 the best of Luck. May you experience many Devils Cup wins during your marriage.

Edited by eaglejelly
grammer
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

No idea where to put this. But fvck it I'm so excited. Proposed to my girlfriend of 5 years yesterday. She said yes. Go Devils.

You dumbass. 

Seriously, congrats man. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

hey man congrats! wish you the best in married life and glad you found someone that can put up with you :lol:

now you just need to survive wedding planning...

hopefully we get a pens win tomorrow as a little engagement gift.

• Like 1

Congrats Marty.  Just get use to the following phrase:  "Yes dear you are right dear." ;)

Washington is really damned good.  Mason sucks but the Caps are pretty much putting on a clinic of how to playoff hockey.  Reminds me of the 2000 Devils.