2016 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

MadDog2020

I agree with all the criticism for the Flyer fans. You are all absolutely correct.  Totally uncalled for, and no excuse, except that while it's a lot, it's not everyone. 

I will add, that a lot of our fans shouldn't throw stones.  in our arena, how embarrassing it is, in the stands and walking around the concourse, listening to 'rangers suck, flyers swallow...', and whatever else got added after that. Most times there are kids sitting near me. And even when there aren't, it's just so immature. I can imagine the parents of some of the NHL players, saying WTF?  Or someone coming to a game for the first time, with their kids.  I wish the passion could be transferred to the Lets Go Devils, or something else more creative; than chanting about other teams, who were better than us. There is no shortage of a lot of our punk fans who are equally pathetic as the Flyer fans are.  

• Like 1

Good lord, that summary somehow makes that all look even WORSE. 

It really does... What a disaster. I truly feel for the Snider family. A friend of mine who's a die-hard Flyer fan was beyond disgusted on social media this morning. He said what happened last night was like spitting on Ed Snider's grave... And I agree with him. Just disgraceful. [emoji17]

2 hours ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

Not to be rude, but there are 5342 threads on this. Find one of those, maybe? 

Also, chanting "flyers swallow" and pelting a guy who's laying on the ice with bracelets that were given out to honor your dead owner... kinda two different stories. 

Comparing douche-y behavior of our fans to the worst of the worst of the worst is also two different things.  Doesn't make our fans any better.

Congrats on the engagement btw!

On 4/18/2016 at 10:30 AM, DJ Eco said:

Back to the Pens-Rangers game on Saturday, it looked like the Penguins were trying to avoid shooting on Lundqvist. Malkin was with 2 others in a 3-on-1, had the best position to shoot, elects to go with the hardest pass of his 3 available options. YOU'RE MALKIN. SHOOT.

Penguins looked awful for most of the game, they better not fall down their usual playoff black hole by continuing that kind of play.

Was listening to Pens radio broadcast team on SiriusXM. They saw the same thing.

Yeah so.. Crawford leaves the crease to go after a guy, a guy who was pushed into him and did his best to avoid conflict mind you, and the Hawks get a powerplay out of it?

sh!t I hope someone passes along this knowledge to Cory for next season.  

Shaw suspended for using the word "jerk".

Sends a strong message and sets an interesting precedent. Will every player who uses an offensive word get suspended? Only those caught?

Probably just damage control by the NHL to prevent the tumblrinas and SWJ's from going after the NHL, me thinks.

7 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Shaw suspended for using the word "jerk".

Sends a strong message and sets an interesting precedent. Will every player who uses an offensive word get suspended? Only those caught?

Probably just damage control by the NHL to prevent the tumblrinas and SWJ's from going after the NHL, me thinks.

According to NHL.com it was a homophobic slur towards a player and an inappropriate gesture towards a ref too.  I'm all for conduct on the ice being un-offensive to all, but the fact that an action like Letang's got less punishment than something verbal is pretty damn sad, and also an embarrassment. Sticks and stones NHL, sticks and stones...

8 hours ago, lucifer91 said:

I am thinking Letang gets some discipline for his neck hit on Stalberg.  That looked intentional.

Of course not. This league doesn't care about Player Safety. As for what Letang did, it was right there in front of the ref. It is what it is. That's not why the Rangers lost. They were horrible in the third. Some of the worst and most passionless hockey I've seen. Pens wanted it more. Played with urgency. I blasted the Rangers and the stubborn Vigneault, who just won't adjust. 

https://newyorkpuck.com/2016/04/20/pens-take-game-three-3-1-awful-third-puts-rangers-in-trouble/

• Like 1

Regarding what Shaw said, that is unacceptable. He was mad and lost his mind. What is odd is they'll suspend a player for offensive language/behavior but won't even review a clear two-hander to a player's face that cost him three teeth. Incredible.

1 hour ago, Derek21 said:

Regarding what Shaw said, that is unacceptable. He was mad and lost his mind. What is odd is they'll suspend a player for offensive language/behavior but won't even review a clear two-hander to a player's face that cost him three teeth. Incredible.

The NHL knows the blowback from the slur would've been worse than from the stick to the face. They had to nip it in the bud ASAP. Shaw's words could've gone viral on some political talking heads roundtable and that's what the NHL was guarding against.

Shaw should've been fined and just that. Letang a game.

Probably true 7'. There's a lot more sensitivity in sports. Players, coaches must be careful with their choice of words due to mics picking the sound up. I did a write up on the Letang/Stalberg incident and the ridiculous 1 game they gave Bellemare for that dangerous and dirty hit on Orlov, who's extremely lucky. Plus some commentary on Flyer fans. :\

https://newyorkpuck.com/2016/04/20/league-turns-other-way-on-letang-slash-to-stalberg/