2016 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

MadDog2020

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

Eh, as sh!tty as LA fans are they aren't necessarily as bad as Philly trash, but i think the fans will be out for blood if the game starts going south for the Kings.  I guarantee a couple get tossed though, especially if LA loses tonight..

6 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Best Milbury moments:

Beating a fan with the fan's own shoe at the Garden. 

Just after Milbury had fired another coach as the Islander GM, he was on the WFAN, and almost immediately after he had come on, Mad Dog flat-out asked him "Mike, why are you still the GM?"

Typical New York media garbage. You never hear the word islanders on WFAN unless Steve Sommer is recalling the 3 games he went to in the 80s and pretending they're as relevant now as they were then. What does Russo know about hockey? Just enough to ask a question that will grab the attention he's looking for and push his tough guy persona. He couldn't even handle talking about sports on the radio with a guy he didn't like, and he can question the judgement of an NHL gm? As bad as the Isles were, Russo probably couldn't name half of the NHL divisions.

Why can't that station hire a single knowledgeable sports reporter who's more interested in covering relevant stories than developing their sh!tty personas and pandering to every moron in the New York metro?

Ok, playoffs, just to keep this post somewhat relevant. I can't believe the Rangers will go down so easily without seeing it first. It's just too good to be true. You can also never count LA or Chicago out. I think one of the two is still coming out of the west. The day SJ comes through in the clutch in the playoffs is the day hell freezes over.

8 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

SJ, Washington, St. Louis- all living up to their choking reps.

Re:  Washington, seems unfair...they win that game nine times out of ten.  But yeah, they better find a way to close out the series.

SJ, Washington, St. Louis- all living up to their choking reps.

Re:  Washington, seems unfair...they win that game nine times out of ten.  But yeah, they better find a way to close out the series.

They lose game 6, and they'll be gripping their sticks so tight in game 7, they'll cut off circulation. They better close it out in Philly, or they're gonna have a big problem. Philly will have NO pressure on them in a game 7 whatsoever at all.