2016 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

MadDog2020

On 5/27/2016 at 11:57 AM, MadDog2020 said:

Pretty sure everyone outside of western PA and Southern California will be rooting for SJ...

I'm not against DeBoer, I just prefer if he doesn't win a Cup so soon after being our coach.  The new GM would've picked his own coach, so Pete would be gone now anyways...but still.   

I'm also not a fan of the ZZ Top thing some of the Sharks got going.  No reasoning for it, its just something I don't care for.  It sees manufactured, of course I don't know the men so its just me projecting stupid stuff onto stangers...

I also remember when Burns was our coach how hard it was for a coach to win a cup after losing it first.  But Burns won it.  then I think Babcock did it too, then Darryl Sutter against us...so maybe it's no longer as difficult as it once was.  Thankfully it was for Vignault !!

11 hours ago, thecoffeecake said:

More empty seats, another dead atmosphere. Am I the only one seeing a pattern in these payoffs? Am I just nuts?

Ehh, Shark Tank at least has been really loud. Although one thing I did notice was that the Sharks' 2nd round was consistently louder than last round. My guess is the real hardcores were priced out and a lot of the rich tech guys are enjoying the later rounds. Sharks-Predators series seemed much much louder to me. 

But yeah, while the Pens' last series was pretty tame, last night was okay as the game went on.

The pens have been entirely unable to put teams away when they've dominated. The ECF should not have been a one goal series, game one should not have been a one goal game, and neither should game 2 have been through 2 periods. If they lose this series, it won't be because they weren't the better team.

Some say you don't have to worry until you lose at home...so there's that.  

So far, Pens have looked good more often & longer than the Sharks have.  PDB has some adjustments to make & also to get the most out of the last-change... It looks too hard to beat a team 4 of the next 5 times, as hot as the Pens have been. I thought they would cool off but I was wrong.