Sign in to follow this  
MadDog2020

2016 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

And then Dubnyk inadvertently puts it in his own net lmao

Right after Lehtonen nearly gives Zucker a wide open back door pass, bizarre turn of events

And Minnesota scores to make it 5-4 with just under 5:00 to go. Should be a hell of a finish...

If Dallas wins this series, they really need to tighten up against St. Louis/Chicago. If they defend like this against the Blues or Blackhawks, they'll get shredded in 4 or 5 games.

22 minutes ago, CommonDreads said:

If Dallas wins this series, they really need to tighten up against St. Louis/Chicago. If they defend like this against the Blues or Blackhawks, they'll get shredded in 4 or 5 games.

Nice! Minny now gone. The Blues need to beat the Hawks then I'll be happy.

Edited by CarpathianForest

Good weekend. The 3 teams I hated most in the playoffs got eliminated.

Can I ask what did Demers hope to accomplish diving into the goalie's pads almost pushing him and the goalie into the net after almost clearing the puck into his own net?

Holy crap. The islanders announcers haven't shut up about "how one sided" these refs are. This is insane. Okposo just twisted his stick between the guys legs and the moron is going "what an atrocious call he was already falling". OHMYGODSHUTUP

What a finish to regulation, Lou with the huge save but the puck pops out from under his chest, Tavares deposits it for the tie

Florida with under a minute to play and move on to the second round,BLOWS it big time......nightmares for sure .

1 hour ago, hit the post said:

Florida with under a minute to play and move on to the second round,BLOWS it big time......nightmares for sure .

They still woulda had to win in Sunrise before moving on.... But what a way to lose

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jagknife said:

They still woulda had to win in Sunrise before moving on.... But what a way to lose

lol......what was I thinking.....but yeah.....what a way to lose.

10 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Looks like Minnesota might've gotten screwed...78cd82926e80bc6210a2dffd5ad8ef5f.jpg

Damn, when was that?  After it became 5-4?  Can't help but think that that might not be a completely aerial shot directly over the red line, since the view seems to be tilted a little down towards the blue crease.  It's also REALLY close and the puck is on edge, so there's a good chance there could have been a little just on the line still. 

Looks a lot like the Khabibulin one in 2004 against the Flames in Game 6, though that one was probably easier to tell, and they didn't have the replay technology then that they have now.

Edited by NJDfan1711

Looks like Minnesota might've gotten screwed...imageproxy.php?img=http%3A%2F%2Fuploads.tapatalk-cdn.com%2F20160425%2F78cd82926e80bc6210a2dffd5ad8ef5f.jpg&key=6680d891e1eec54575906366107434457dcd4bc37b220c0f8a66c707ee41766b

Damn, when was that?  After it became 5-4?  Can't help but think that that might not be a completely aerial shot directly over the red line, since the view seems to be tilted a little down towards the blue crease.  It's also REALLY close and the puck is on edge, so there's a good chance there could have been a little just on the line still. 

Looks a lot like the Khabibulin one in 2004 against the Flames in Game 6, though that one was probably easier to tell, and they didn't have the replay technology then that they have now.

Yeah that would've made it 5-5 and sent it to OT. They showed the replay in the building and the fans were irate. Lots of booing and a couple of towels (and a projectile or two) thrown on the ice. I mean, that's as close as it gets... Tough way to lose for Minnesota.

Puck was not on the ice nor flat, cannot use that angle, the NBC crossbar cam showed it was inconclusive. Looked like no goal to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk