2016 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

MadDog2020

10 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Looks like Minnesota might've gotten screwed...78cd82926e80bc6210a2dffd5ad8ef5f.jpg

Damn, when was that?  After it became 5-4?  Can't help but think that that might not be a completely aerial shot directly over the red line, since the view seems to be tilted a little down towards the blue crease.  It's also REALLY close and the puck is on edge, so there's a good chance there could have been a little just on the line still. 

Looks a lot like the Khabibulin one in 2004 against the Flames in Game 6, though that one was probably easier to tell, and they didn't have the replay technology then that they have now.

Edited by NJDfan1711

Looks like Minnesota might've gotten screwed...imageproxy.php?img=http%3A%2F%2Fuploads.tapatalk-cdn.com%2F20160425%2F78cd82926e80bc6210a2dffd5ad8ef5f.jpg&key=6680d891e1eec54575906366107434457dcd4bc37b220c0f8a66c707ee41766b

Damn, when was that?  After it became 5-4?  Can't help but think that that might not be a completely aerial shot directly over the red line, since the view seems to be tilted a little down towards the blue crease.  It's also REALLY close and the puck is on edge, so there's a good chance there could have been a little just on the line still. 

Looks a lot like the Khabibulin one in 2004 against the Flames in Game 6, though that one was probably easier to tell, and they didn't have the replay technology then that they have now.

Yeah that would've made it 5-5 and sent it to OT. They showed the replay in the building and the fans were irate. Lots of booing and a couple of towels (and a projectile or two) thrown on the ice. I mean, that's as close as it gets... Tough way to lose for Minnesota.

Tavares is usually incredibly stoic and in full command of his emotions. But wow, he was on some crazy emotional adrenaline during his post-game interview, was shaking while he was talking. Good for him, he's an incredible player, and amazing leader. With the history they have in the postseason the last 23 years (or lack thereof), to come in as captain and force OT, then win OT, wow.

That being said, hope they lose next round.

It's never a disappointment to see the Rangers go bye-bye with just one playoff win (or the Flyers to go out in the first round)...but I'll be so much happier when my NHL postseason experience doesn't revolve around rooting for rivals to fail. 

It's never a disappointment to see the Rangers go bye-bye with just one playoff win (or the Flyers to go out in the first round)...but I'll be so much happier when my NHL postseason experience doesn't revolve around rooting for rivals to fail. 

Well said sir, well said. Hopefully Shero has a good offseason and we can get back to the dance next year.

4 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Well said sir, well said. Hopefully Shero has a good offseason and we can get back to the dance next year.

Yep, exactly.   I'm on board with the Bolts because I support my current hometown team, but I agree it wasn't as fun simply hoping for the Flyers and Rangers to both get knocked out.  Now, even though I hate the Isles and Pens less, I still have to root for both of them to lose because I'll never cheer for any of the Devils division rivals (well, at least none that were in the Atlantic the way it used to be)

3 hours ago, JSR said:

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/15355326/nhl-2016-stanley-cup-playoffs-pittsburgh-penguins-vs-washington-capitals

ESPN's preview for Pens-Capitals has the Rags in the artwork.  Never bet on King Nothing in the playoffs, ESPN!

Also a dude in a wedding dress behind the glass...

26 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

A lot of people will be losing their jobs if they lose tonight.

Marty?

Chicago is going to have to pull off some magic again. Can't stand the city of St Louis so hoping Dallas knocks them off if Chicago can't. 

Nashville forced a game 7 on Wednesday. The ducks have lost 3 years in a row after being up 3-2 in the series. Will be 4 in a row if they don't win Wednesday. That's just a brutal stats. 

Is this correct, NHL.com has the Lightning/Isles Game 1 of Round 2 starting Wednesday, the same day as Preds/Ducks Game 7 of Round 1, and technically it's actually before it (7pm and 10pm). Has that ever happened before? They don't have a single other game listed for any other day, so I am thinking it's gotta be a mistake. I mean, I guess it's not a huge deal, but it kinda is pretty ****ing stupid, and a bit embarrassing, that this wasn't planned out a little better, and that a professional sports league, with arguably the best post-season in all of sports, has to have it's second round start before the first ends. I mean, it's really a slight and knock on the two teams left playing in the West in Game 7. It's basically saying, we don't care enough about you guys to give you the full undivided attention in Round 1 like everyone else got or would have gotten if their series went 7, like the previous 100+ post-seasons have gone in the league's history too.

Is this correct, NHL.com has the Lightning/Isles Game 1 of Round 2 starting Wednesday, the same day as Preds/Ducks Game 7 of Round 1, and technically it's actually before it (7pm and 10pm). Has that ever happened before? They don't have a single other game listed for any other day, so I am thinking it's gotta be a mistake. I mean, I guess it's not a huge deal, but it kinda is pretty ****ing stupid, and a bit embarrassing, that this wasn't planned out a little better, and that a professional sports league, with arguably the best post-season in all of sports, has to have it's second round start before the first ends. I mean, it's really a slight and knock on the two teams left playing in the West in Game 7. It's basically saying, we don't care enough about you guys to give you the full undivided attention in Round 1 like everyone else got or would have gotten if their series went 7, like the previous 100+ post-seasons have gone in the league's history too.

The NBA does this all the time. It's really not a big deal. There was probably a building conflict that couldn't be worked out.

Regarding Tavares... does anyone remember him from the wjc he played in? My dislike of him was formed there.... he was pretty dirty, and played like people weren't allowed to hit him from what I remember. Haven't seen as much in the nhl, but I don't think I could ever root for a player like that. 

Now I just want San Jose or St louis to win and im happy.