2016 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

MadDog2020

17 hours ago, CarpathianForest said:

If they win I think the league needs to examine if "parity" is actually there. NMCs, NTCs and the lot are clear circumvention in my opinion.

I tried responding to this last night, but it must not have gone through. You are really on some kind of kick right now, first with the League conspiracies and now this. Parity isn't a league regulation, it's just something they hoped they'd shift towards organically with the salary cap. It isn't something that can be circumvented. Teams are allowed to be good, at least I think. I haven't read most of the CBA. Some teams can still spend more than others, draft better than others, trade better than others, and use raw talent better than others. That isn't prohibited yet.

Who would want to watch sports with complete parity, anyway? In that case, why bother with the regular season? Why don't we just rotate which team gets to celebrate with the cup every year and just not play the games at all? Sports history is defined by great teams. In the future, I'm going to look back and remember these great Chicago, LA, and Pittsburgh teams, and admire how dominant they were, just like we do with the Oilers and Canadiens and Islanders and Bulls and Yankees and Celtics of previous eras. Without great teams, there are no giants to topple. Without great teams, there is no Miracle on Ice, no 06 Oilers, no 96 Panthers. There's no 2014 UConn basketball story, no Miracle Mets, no Boise State, no Leicester City. I do not want to watch sports in your world. If teams can't be great, what's all the work for? One championship every 30 years? Great teams and great players deserve better.

23 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

GREAT fvcking hit by Hickey on Drouin. If anyone fvcking bitches about it or thinks Hickey should be suspended for even one shift, they can get fvcked.

this a million times. clean fvcking hit that i'm sure people will cry about, further ruining the physicality of the game

GREAT fvcking hit by Hickey on Drouin. If anyone fvcking bitches about it or thinks Hickey should be suspended for even one shift, they can get fvcked.

That hit made me miss Stevens so bad

Me too man, me too... That hit would do Scotty proud.

The Letang hit was worse because it contacted the head. He should've gotten 2 games. In Round 1, he took a baseball swing at Viktor Stalberg taking out 3 teeth. No penalty. No discipline. Not good. Regarding the Hickey hit on Drouin, I have no problem. Excellent open ice hit. The Islanders are bitching over the Brian Boyle hit on Hickey which led to his OT winner. They're wrong too. It was clean. 

New Post: Islanders must focus on Game Four

Let's Go Caps. They better win this one. No excuses. Tied after 1.

1 minute ago, CarpathianForest said:

So the Caps are as good as gone. Let's hope whoever wins the Bolts/Isles can beat the Pens.

Christ Mike Webber will never have a better assist than the one he just had. Too bad it was a gift wrap for the wrong fvcking team

I almost feel if this is there year then this is the adversity they have to overcome. Down 3-1 vs Pitt and mount the comeback that Pitt has done to them. Not sure if they will but, very Red Sox 2004 if they can do it

I just haven't been impressed with Wash's play for the majority of the playoffs. They sure as hell don't look like the best regular season team in hockey

Nope. Capitals are out. Pittsburgh has been creative and has shown they can win games several different ways. Capitals can only win one way; and Pittsburgh are not making it easy for them.

Honestly, Capitals are one lucky own-goal (in game 1 OT) away from having been swept.

Nope. Capitals are out. Pittsburgh has been creative and has shown they can win games several different ways. Capitals can only win one way; and Pittsburgh are not making it easy for them.

Honestly, Capitals are one lucky own-goal (in game 1 OT) away from having been swept.

But each game has been close, yes they were one goal from being swept but this series could have easily been the other way with the Caps being up 3-1. I wouldn't rule them out just yet.

42 minutes ago, Zubie#8 said:

But each game has been close, yes they were one goal from being swept but this series could have easily been the other way with the Caps being up 3-1. I wouldn't rule them out just yet.

Yes and no. I'd usually agree with you, but not this series. Caps dominated game 3 with 49 SOG and couldn't win. They seem to have no answer for Pittsburgh on any given night in any kind of game. They dominate, they lose; they get dominated, they lose. All 3 of Pittsburgh's wins have been entirely different games from each other, but they win. 

It's mystifying; especially because I don't really see what's so good about Pittsburgh's roster!

Caps *may* win the next game, but Pittsburgh will win of the next 3 for sure.

Edited by DJ Eco

15 hours ago, Devs3cups said:

I wouldn't count the caps out to be honest.

Agreed, I mean if i was a betting man I'd still put my money on the Pens but I wouldn't be surprised in the least if the Caps at least push it to 7 games. Everyone and they're mother picked the Caps to win last night with Letang out. Now all of a sudden they're toast. Momentum is fickle in the playoffs.