Sign in to follow this  
MadDog2020

2016 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

29 minutes ago, DJ Eco said:

I was always cool with the thought of the Isles winning the Stanley Cup, until they made their first playoffs a few years ago, and I realized how insufferable their fanbase is (maybe even worse than the Rangers' fans, although less per square mile), and decided, NOPE.

I think it's great they haven't won a playoff series since 93. 

• Like 2

We've got a bracket challenge league through New York Puck if anyone wants to join us: http://bracketchallenge.nhl.com/#/league/172769

25 minutes ago, DJ Eco said:

I was always cool with the thought of the Isles winning the Stanley Cup, until they made their first playoffs a few years ago, and I realized how insufferable their fanbase is (maybe even worse than the Rangers' fans, although less per square mile), and decided, NOPE.

I hate the idea of any New York team winning a championship. An Isles cup would be like the Mets World Series victory in 86. The parade would be overflowing wherever they'd have it with a bunch of people who couldn't have given a sh!t about them when they weren't competitive. How many people that went out to the Mets parade went to a game at Shea Stadium in 1992? Most of them were celebrating with the Yankees a few years later.

• Like 1

Fleury out.  Rags get to play more backups and backup backups in the playoffs, what a shock.

Fleury out.  Rags get to play more backups and backup backups in the playoffs, what a shock.

Unreal. It never fails.

Lundqvist hit in the eye with a stick. Considering he like shots in the eye he acted like a little bitch. But I guess there is a big difference between a stick and a cumshot.

• Like 1

Ahhh carp! Take out the last sentence and it was such a great joke! But then you explained it. 6/10.

• Like 3

Breakaway by Crosby, 2-0 Pens!   Sid getting into our good graces the past few days, haha.

The coaches challenge is the worst thing to happen to hockey since the shootout. 

4-1 Pittsburgh!

Yeaaaaaaaah, I'm playing the goal song, I don't care.  Suck it Rags!

Did I just hear the commentator call Fleury one of the best goalies in the league? Is this his first day on the job?

Did anyone else just see Krieder punch Letang in the face on that offensive rush?