Sign in to follow this  
MadDog2020

2016 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

It's incredible how Crosby made Hornqvist and Kunitz into high scoring players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 4/12/2016 at 6:30 PM, thecoffeecake said:

We've got a bracket challenge league through New York Puck if anyone wants to join us: http://bracketchallenge.nhl.com/#/league/172769

I hate the idea of any New York team winning a championship. An Isles cup would be like the Mets World Series victory in 86. The parade would be overflowing wherever they'd have it with a bunch of people who couldn't have given a sh!t about them when they weren't competitive. How many people that went out to the Mets parade went to a game at Shea Stadium in 1992? Most of them were celebrating with the Yankees a few years later.

Hahahaha who the hell is BillyWitchDoctor.com?

athf_ep043_05.jpg

Arise chicken! Arise!

I absolutely hate the offsides reviews on every goal.  If the linesman misses a close one, so be it.  On almost every one called back, the goal isn't caused because someone gained an advantage by crossing the blue line a fraction of a second early, it's because the defending team f'ed up.     

12 hours ago, JSR said:

Fleury out.  Rags get to play more backups and backup backups in the playoffs, what a shock.

Weird, he was confirmed earlier in the day.   Sorry about that. 

Can't believe they still lost to a backup, although Lundqvist did get hurt, but still.

1 minute ago, Lateralous said:

I absolutely hate the offsides reviews on every goal.  If the linesman misses a close one, so be it.  On almost every one called back, the goal isn't caused because someone gained an advantage by crossing the blue line a fraction of a second early, it's because the defending team f'ed up.     

Agreed.  That play yesterday with the Lightning was awesome, and a great finish by Hedman joining the rush.  Really sh!tty to see it called back by an offsides call that was marginal at best.

I hate the fact that there are "coaches challenges" now like football, but if they absolutely must be in, then at least make them only applicable to things like missed or close goals, MAYBE penalties, but not game stoppages/infractions like icing, offsides, etc.  That's minuscule. 

great start to the playoffs, losing to an AHL goalie!!!  The windows is closing FAST!!!

Andrew Gross ‎@AGrossRecord:

The Rangers have recalled goalie Magnus Hellberg from Hartford (AHL), doesn't seem like a good sign for Henrik Lundqvist's availability.

Can't see Henrik not coming back by Game 3. I think he understands this is his "last ride", and even this ride's a severe uphill climb. Unless there are truly some blindness issues or blood clot potential, I think we'll see him back soon. He knows the Rangers won't be able to win a game without him; and even with him, it will be dicey. Gut-check time.

And I actually feel bad for him. This is never the type of thing you want to occur that defines a series like this. 

Rags said it isn't serious and that Hellberg's recall was precautionary. Lundqvist will probably play tomorrow.

14 hours ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Hahahaha who the hell is BillyWitchDoctor.com?

athf_ep043_05.jpg

Arise chicken! Arise!

That would be me. I set up my bracket first for the league my fantasy league does, and that's my fantasy league team name.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

Rags said it isn't serious and that Hellberg's recall was precautionary. Lundqvist will probably play tomorrow.

If his vision isn't great, he could miss Game 2. I don't think it matters who the goalie is. Raanta played fine. It's the defense. Unless the stubborn coach finally benches Girardi and inserts McIlrath, nothing will change. It's the same mental breakdowns all season. 

1 hour ago, DJ Eco said:

Can't see Henrik not coming back by Game 3. I think he understands this is his "last ride", and even this ride's a severe uphill climb. Unless there are truly some blindness issues or blood clot potential, I think we'll see him back soon. He knows the Rangers won't be able to win a game without him; and even with him, it will be dicey. Gut-check time.

And I actually feel bad for him. This is never the type of thing you want to occur that defines a series like this. 

Don Cherry brought up the goalie mask issue on HNIC. How it isn't safe enough because there are holes that leave the goalie vulnerable to errant sticks such as the one from Staal Lundqvist took. He shouldn't have even gone back in and finished the period. 

59 minutes ago, Derek21 said:

If his vision isn't great, he could miss Game 2. I don't think it matters who the goalie is. Raanta played fine. It's the defense. Unless the stubborn coach finally benches Girardi and inserts McIlrath, nothing will change. It's the same mental breakdowns all season. 

I don't know how you can possibly say "I don't think it matters who the goalie is". Even if statistically speaking there isn't a gigantic drop off between the Queen and Raanta, emotionally and mentally there is a drastic difference. If lundqvist has to miss more than one more game, the rangers are fvcked.

I can't believe how many empty seats there are in Florida... that is a shame for a playoff game.

Sent from my TAB2 using TapaTalk

14 minutes ago, Devlin said:

I can't believe how many empty seats there are in Florida... that is a shame for a playoff game.

Place looks pretty full to me.

Same old flyers. Hope they get swept

Place looks pretty full to me.

Yep...filled up! Took awhile for people to get into their seats :)

I realize we're all Devils fans here, but we may not all live in the NJ/NY area, like myself, so is anyone going to any playoff games this year?  I live an hour from Tampa and have supported the Lightning as my second favorite/hometown team since I move here about 18 years ago.  (I was at Game 7 in 2004).

I'll be at the Bolts/Wings game tonight, section 115 because my ex-girlfriend is a Wings fan and my step-son is a Bolts fan too.  Should be a good one.  The last game was close and pretty intense, and I expect it to keep building, especially since these teams met in the first round last year too.

Looks like the queen will be playing tomorrow,I'd much rather they get beat with him in net. No having to here.....if the (puke) King was in net bull.