Sign in to follow this  
MadDog2020

2016 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

On 4/14/2016 at 4:01 PM, Martyisth3b3st said:

I don't know how you can possibly say "I don't think it matters who the goalie is". Even if statistically speaking there isn't a gigantic drop off between the Queen and Raanta, emotionally and mentally there is a drastic difference. If lundqvist has to miss more than one more game, the rangers are fvcked.

I don't think you understand. This team has too many passengers. It does not matter who is in net. Raanta was the better goalie down the stretch. Lundqvist looked worn out from all the shots and high danger chances he was facing. It doesn't mean he can't do what's required. But have you watched them? They have one of the worst defenses. The drop off for Girardi (out for Game 2) and Staal has been severe. Not all the forwards pull their weight coming back. There have been so many blown coverages with the front of the net vacated. It's a freaking joke! Disgrace. The coach hasn't made one single adjustment all year. Continues to have a slow D playing man-to-man when they should go zone. Brassard wouldn't no a backcheck if it hit him directly in the face. That's how bad he is in his end. Hayes usually watches. Stepan is their best skater. He plays all 3 ends. Take out McDonagh and you have Marc Staal playing top pair. He's not capable of it anymore. And Vigneault's idea was to put his worst defenseman with him for Game 1. End result. Hornqvist hat trick and Crosby breakaway goal and 2 helpers. Even with all the puck possession they had, there was no urgency. It was like they were out for a skate. Nobody got inside position and made it difficult on Zatkoff. No deflections. No one for rebounds. It was pathetic. 

I watched 4 games last night and have caught 2 more tonight. And every other team plays with more desperation. More urgency and more intensity. The Rangers are a soft, vanilla team under AV. If he does not play McIlrath tomorrow, he's a bigger idiot than thought. I won't even be home to see Game 2. They better show a pulse. 

Florida is pretty empty considering it's the playoffs, but it's as loud as anywhere. At least it seems like that on the broadcast.

Nothing but a black fvcking screen on NBCSN for the last 20 minutes in the philly area.  Had to stream the end of the Blues game and now that the Predators game switched back away from NHLN, I have to stream that too.  Anyone else having problems with NBCSN?   

Nothing but a black fvcking screen on NBCSN for the last 20 minutes in the philly area.  Had to stream the end of the Blues game and now that the Predators game switched back away from NHLN, I have to stream that too.  Anyone else having problems with NBCSN?   

I am in South Jersey and did not have any problems

It came back on after an hour right as I was demanding a free month of cable, haha.

nice win by Predators

Notice how Rangers' meat puppet, Eddie Olczyk referred to the Rangers neutral zone play as sold instead of calling it what it was: A Neutral Zone Trap

Notice how Rangers' meat puppet, Eddie Olczyk referred to the Rangers neutral zone play as sold instead of calling it what it was: A Neutral Zone Trap

Yeah Pierre called it 'layering'. Right. Layering.

Haha. Oh Mason. Couldn't help but just chucke. You have one job... And YA BLEW IIITTTTT!!! Haha:lol:

image.jpeg

Edited by Ralliart90

Eh. Mason has been great for them. Unfortunate for sure. But his team has only scored once against the Caps, who basically trap for 60 minutes. The Flyers will have to be a lot better at home when the series shifts. Nice bounce back by the Rangers. Got some good performances from key players (Miller, Brass, Kreider, Zuke) and Lundqvist played great. Kudos also to rookie Brady Skjei, who played 19 big minutes and looked like he should stay in. McIlrath also played but only 9 minutes. He was okay. 

Sharks vs Kings Game 2. Main event on now. Best rivalry right now. 

I expected the Flyers to come out a lot more physical against the Caps (a la their goat rodeo 2012 Pittsburgh series) than they have in games 1 & 2 in an attempt to rattle Washington's 3rd and  4th line.  Perhaps they are fearful of giving Washington too many power plays (the Caps have killed them so far) and the Caps maturity level has elevated under Trotz's leadership.  Difference in the series right now is Holtby.  I expect the next 2 games to be split in South Philly before the Caps close it out on Friday night in DC.

On 4/14/2016 at 9:07 PM, Martyisth3b3st said:

Ahhh carp! Take out the last sentence and it was such a great joke! But then you explained it. 6/10.

I feel like the Flyers only do well in the playoffs when no one expects them to do anything

1 hour ago, MDPucks said:

I expected the Flyers to come out a lot more physical against the Caps (a la their goat rodeo 2012 Pittsburgh series) than they have in games 1 & 2 in an attempt to rattle Washington's 3rd and  4th line.  Perhaps they are fearful of giving Washington too many power plays (the Caps have killed them so far) and the Caps maturity level has elevated under Trotz's leadership.  Difference in the series right now is Holtby.  I expect the next 2 games to be split in South Philly before the Caps close it out on Friday night in DC.

They took some penalties and it hurt. Caps have converted on their chances. Flyers got to turn it up.

Watch out for these Sharks. Deboer has these guys hungry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back to the Pens-Rangers game on Saturday, it looked like the Penguins were trying to avoid shooting on Lundqvist. Malkin was with 2 others in a 3-on-1, had the best position to shoot, elects to go with the hardest pass of his 3 available options. YOU'RE MALKIN. SHOOT.

Penguins looked awful for most of the game, they better not fall down their usual playoff black hole by continuing that kind of play.

8 hours ago, Derek21 said:

Great game at Barclays Center. Islanders with an emotional comeback win over the Panthers. Full recap:

https://newyorkpuck.com/2016/04/18/hickeys-overtime-winner-lifts-islanders-to-exciting-4-3-overtime-win-over-panthers-in-game-3/

They absolutely need to get rid of this offsides review where a guy crosses the line a millimeter early because that's not the reason these goals are being scored.  Calling back the Ekblad goal changed the entire game yesterday.  Getting these offsides calls "right" doesn't really have the same impact as replaying a play at a bag in baseball or something like that. It would be interesting to see how many other slight offsides during the course of a game are missed.  I suspect it might be close to 15.      

On a side note, go Predators. I would love to see them make a run.  They kind of remind me of a pour mans version of our 2000 team with the proven defense and a young dynamic offense that no one talks about.  That Johansen for Seth Jones was one of the best trades in the NHL in the last several years.  Total win-win for both teams.       

Great game at Barclays Center. Islanders with an emotional comeback win over the Panthers. Full recap:

https://newyorkpuck.com/2016/04/18/hickeys-overtime-winner-lifts-islanders-to-exciting-4-3-overtime-win-over-panthers-in-game-3/

They absolutely need to get rid of this offsides review where a guy crosses the line a millimeter early because that's not the reason these goals are being scored.  Calling back the Ekblad goal changed the entire game yesterday.  Getting these offsides calls "right" doesn't really have the same impact as replaying a play at a bag in baseball or something like that. It would be interesting to see how many other slight offsides during the course of a game are missed.  I suspect it might be close to 15.      

On a side note, go Predators. I would love to see them make a run.  They kind of remind me of a pour mans version of our 2000 team with the proven defense and a young dynamic offense that no one talks about.  That Johansen for Seth Jones was one of the best trades in the NHL in the last several years.  Total win-win for both teams.       

Agreed. Enough is enough with the offsides and goalie interference challenges. They're ruining the game.

No idea where to put this. But fvck it I'm so excited. Proposed to my girlfriend of 5 years yesterday. She said yes. Go Devils.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

No idea where to put this. But fvck it I'm so excited. Proposed to my girlfriend of 5 years yesterday. She said yes. Go Devils.

Congratulations! I wish you 2 the best of Luck. May you experience many Devils Cup wins during your marriage.

Edited by eaglejelly
grammer
  • Like 1

Nice! Congrats MB!

• Like 1

On 4/16/2016 at 6:32 PM, MadDog2020 said:

Yeah Pierre called it 'layering'. Right. Layering.

The only team in hockey that traps are the Devils. Single handedly ruining hockey since 95. Where have you been? :rolleyes: