Sign in to follow this  
MadDog2020

2016 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

Yeah so.. Crawford leaves the crease to go after a guy, a guy who was pushed into him and did his best to avoid conflict mind you, and the Hawks get a powerplay out of it?

sh!t I hope someone passes along this knowledge to Cory for next season.  

I am thinking Letang gets some discipline for his neck hit on Stalberg.  That looked intentional.

4 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

No supplemental discipline for Letang.

The fact that this didn't even get a hearing is an embarrassment. 

• Like 1

Shaw suspended for using the word "jerk".

Sends a strong message and sets an interesting precedent. Will every player who uses an offensive word get suspended? Only those caught?

Probably just damage control by the NHL to prevent the tumblrinas and SWJ's from going after the NHL, me thinks.

7 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Shaw suspended for using the word "jerk".

Sends a strong message and sets an interesting precedent. Will every player who uses an offensive word get suspended? Only those caught?

Probably just damage control by the NHL to prevent the tumblrinas and SWJ's from going after the NHL, me thinks.

According to NHL.com it was a homophobic slur towards a player and an inappropriate gesture towards a ref too.  I'm all for conduct on the ice being un-offensive to all, but the fact that an action like Letang's got less punishment than something verbal is pretty damn sad, and also an embarrassment. Sticks and stones NHL, sticks and stones...

8 hours ago, lucifer91 said:

I am thinking Letang gets some discipline for his neck hit on Stalberg.  That looked intentional.

Of course not. This league doesn't care about Player Safety. As for what Letang did, it was right there in front of the ref. It is what it is. That's not why the Rangers lost. They were horrible in the third. Some of the worst and most passionless hockey I've seen. Pens wanted it more. Played with urgency. I blasted the Rangers and the stubborn Vigneault, who just won't adjust. 

https://newyorkpuck.com/2016/04/20/pens-take-game-three-3-1-awful-third-puts-rangers-in-trouble/

• Like 1

Regarding what Shaw said, that is unacceptable. He was mad and lost his mind. What is odd is they'll suspend a player for offensive language/behavior but won't even review a clear two-hander to a player's face that cost him three teeth. Incredible.

No supplemental discipline for Letang.

The fact that this didn't even get a hearing is an embarrassment. 

Maybe so, but the Pens have a much better chance of eliminating those dickholes with Letang in the lineup, so no complaints here.

1 hour ago, Derek21 said:

Regarding what Shaw said, that is unacceptable. He was mad and lost his mind. What is odd is they'll suspend a player for offensive language/behavior but won't even review a clear two-hander to a player's face that cost him three teeth. Incredible.

The NHL knows the blowback from the slur would've been worse than from the stick to the face. They had to nip it in the bud ASAP. Shaw's words could've gone viral on some political talking heads roundtable and that's what the NHL was guarding against.

Shaw should've been fined and just that. Letang a game.

Probably true 7'. There's a lot more sensitivity in sports. Players, coaches must be careful with their choice of words due to mics picking the sound up. I did a write up on the Letang/Stalberg incident and the ridiculous 1 game they gave Bellemare for that dangerous and dirty hit on Orlov, who's extremely lucky. Plus some commentary on Flyer fans. :\

https://newyorkpuck.com/2016/04/20/league-turns-other-way-on-letang-slash-to-stalberg/

Clean hit on Laughton... Announcers are right... He kinda lost his edge and fell... Unfortunate he had to be taken off on a stretcher. Hope he's ok. Maybe this will pep the Flyers game up. 

I forgot how utterly unbearable the islanders announcers are. You'd think they were the god damned Chicago Blackhawks the way they're taking about the islanders being "used to playing deep into the playoffs". 

11 hours ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

I forgot how utterly unbearable the islanders announcers are. You'd think they were the god damned Chicago Blackhawks the way they're taking about the islanders being "used to playing deep into the playoffs". 

I heard that line and had to just laugh.  The last time they went deep in the playoffs was over 30 years ago, unless you define deep as being in the first round.

I still will take Howie over Sam Rosen and the clown they have working with him any day.  Fact of the matter is, the best play by play guy doing hockey in this area is Kenny Albert, and he does the Rangers radio broadcast.  I wish we had hired him to do our TV when Doc retired.

48 minutes ago, Chuck the Duck said:

I heard that line and had to just laugh.  The last time they went deep in the playoffs was over 30 years ago, unless you define deep as being in the first round.

I still will take Howie over Sam Rosen and the clown they have working with him any day.  Fact of the matter is, the best play by play guy doing hockey in this area is Kenny Albert, and he does the Rangers radio broadcast.  I wish we had hired him to do our TV when Doc retired.

Kenny does a pretty good job in terms of his accuracy and correctness in calling the game, but his personality and/or voice just doesn't do anything for me.  It's a little bland I think.  I don't think it's limited to hockey either, I think he's the same when he does football too.

Granted, like I said in the discussion about Daneyko, any given announcer won't make or break my viewing experience as I am much more interested in following and watching the game than listening to someone describe it, but I don't particularly care for anyone in the NY/NJ area at the moment.  I actually don't think Sam is too terrible - my bias probably stems from the fact that he's the announcer for our hated rival :-p

Haha, wow they suck.  Not that it makes it much better, but hopefully they didn't know it was him.

I also didn't know he was part of FLA's announcers.

I mean, this would be like a Devils fan dumping a beer on Scott Stevens.

Henrik pulled with 13:56 left in the 2nd period, 4-0 Pittsburgh.

Just now, JSR said:

Henrik pulled with 13:56 left in the 2nd period, 4-0 Pittsburgh.

This is going to be an ugly game for the Rags...

Just now, Ralliart90 said:

This is going to be an ugly game for the Rags...

Just as you say that, 4:00 PP for the Pens, high stick.