Possible "Palmieri-esque" trades for the offseason

insanity_gallops

Gaudreau - Zacha - Palmieri

JVR - Henrique - Jost

Boucher - Zajac - wtv

Blandisi - Josefson - Sislo

just bring all the boys home and i could live with this formation in a few years

would you guys do Schneider for Gaudreau straight up? 

5 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

JVR - Henrique - Jost

Boucher - Zajac - wtv

just bring all the boys home and i could live with this formation in a few years

would you guys do Schneider for Gaudreau straight up? 

And have who as our starting goalie?  It's not that the deal is unfair really, it's just that it doesn't really put us in any better of a situation.  The offense would be improved, but to have any shot at the playoffs, we'd still need a capable goalie, and none of our other options, Kink or Wedge, are built or ready to handle a full season's workload and carry a team into the playoffs.  It would be a pretty lateral move if you ask me.  The only benefit being I guess that Gaudreau is younger, whereas Schneider realistically has 3-5 years left in his prime.

2 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

And have who as our starting goalie?  It's not that the deal is unfair really, it's just that it doesn't really put us in any better of a situation.  The offense would be improved, but to have any shot at the playoffs, we'd still need a capable goalie, and none of our other options, Kink or Wedge, are built or ready to handle a full season's workload and carry a team into the playoffs.  It would be a pretty lateral move if you ask me.  The only benefit being I guess that Gaudreau is younger, whereas Schneider realistically has 3-5 years left in his prime.

ah of course it's a gamble and i'm not even saying i'd do it but it's a good question that sums up the big debate we should have for the future. Cause the situation now in NJ is... we have absolutely no scoring, god knows if we'll get a lot more / enough in the next few years... then we have a top goalie in his prime. So are we gonna burn through all of those prime years for Schneider by the time we have some legit scoring that could back him up?  Or we want to be successful ever again... who should we surround? Schneider or Zacha? That's actually a real good question. 

20 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

It's far from a lateral move, and Calgary would never go for it. You need one goalie. That's it. You sign for it, trade for it, it doesn't matter. You're not stuck with Kink and Wedge, because you're allowed to bring new players into the organization. Schneider has a few good years left and Gaudreau is in the dawn of what could shape up to be a fantastic career. If Calgary went for that, there's not one doubt you take it.

On May 5, 2016 at 10:16 AM, SterioDesign said:

JVR - Henrique - Jost

Boucher - Zajac - wtv

You need a little strength in that lineup. A fourth line of Blandisi, Josefson, and Sislo would leave the arena each night having lost their lunch money. 

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Is he a FA?  I thought he had some years left on his deal when he was traded to BUF.

I meant trade for him.  Buffalo really didn't give up a ton for him, so they don't have the same reluctance that Toronto had to trade Kessel for all those years.