Hockey's Future shutting down (7/1/16)

Jerzey

Good.  Riddance.  

To their forums at least.  Most obnoxious moderation team I've ever dealt with, barely allow discussion at this point.

I think the forums are sticking around. Pretty sure just the prospect evaluation component of the site is going away.

I think their forums are decent enough if you can manage to filter out the more ridiculous stuff you see.  Occasionally, you do get someone who has some real inside information, which is pretty fun to read about.  There was that guy on the Rangers HF forum who more or less nailed everything in the lead-up to the Kovalchuk trade.  He even had the trade compensation correct before anything was announced anywhere, except for the fact that he had the Devils including Tedenby instead of Bergfors, or something like that.  

While I have little love for the site - it's spread dumb information for years - I did read HF pretty religiously in the late 90s and was a poster on their original message boards.  I realize the boards are sticking around but I'm still a little sad that the other part is going away.

I think it's a shame the boards are moderated so heavily, because you just can't beat that kind of traffic and flow of ideas. And I do really like their prospect stuff. I'd always wanted them to be more thorough with guys who hadn't been drafted, but still really solid stuff.

I only really go over there to read and post in the season ticket and surrounding area thread. It's something I would like to see over here but I think that board has a higher amount of season ticket holders. Also browse the soccer thread. I have no use for the rest of the boards though. 

Worst forum I've ever been a member of.  I got suspended or banned or whatever three times.  Once was for posting that the Rangers play boring hockey, but of course it's okay to start 15,000 threads on the Devils being boring.  Another time was for posting average attendance figures after an Islanders fan criticized the Devils' attendance, I guess facts are not allowed.  The third time was for posting a laughing emoji in response to someone who said Ray Emery will have a more successful career than Martin Brodeur.  After those three incidents, I decided that place is just not worth it.

• Like 1