Insane Rumor Mill: Slow News Day Edition

6 hours ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Voldemort is a 2nd line center at best. I might trade Camms for him but with the dark magic and all, he could be a locker room cancer.

I logged in on mobile just to like this post

• 3 weeks later...

Jim Matheson reported that first i think. 

What kind of package would we need to put together to get RNH AND Hall ? if we'd do Severson + Zajac + 2017's 1st + one of our young goalie  for RNH + Hall ? We'd even have to add more almost

Hall - RNH - Palmieri

Cammalleri - Henrique - Boucher

Blandisi - Zacha - DSP

Kalinin - Josefson - wtv

then as Zacha progress you can move Henrique to the wing to replace Cammalleri when time comes

i'd be up for something like this actually

i mean we need to get scoring soon cause Schneider won't be a top goalie for another 10 years and the oilers needs to get their sh!t together on defense and get a veteran leader in that group. 

Edited by SterioDesign
2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

What kind of package would we need to put together to get RNH AND Hall ? if we'd do Severson + Zajac + 2017's 1st + one of our young goalie  for RNH + Hall ?

not equitable for oilers, they'd want another 1st, or would greene be willing to mate up with his old partner?

It is blatantly obvious that the formula Edmonton has used in the past few years has been clearly ineffective in getting that team to be successful.  I'm sure the conundrum presents itself every draft year where EDM has a high pick and basically picks up the most highly rated player in the draft with no regard for their actual team needs.  

This strategy has caught up with them and I'm sure Chiarelli has to right the ship at some point.

I wouldn't be surprised if Chiarelli is working on a deal that would set clear direction on what his team's mission is for the next three to five years.  With McDavid becoming the bonafide #1 center on the team, RNH will now have to play second fiddle - all this at $6M per season for the next five years.  You also have the likes of Hall, Eberle, Yakupov, Draisatl, Puljarvi, Kelfbom, etc. that will command significant chunks of EDM's salary space at some point during that time frame...

So, trading RNH (who is still valued on "potential" and not actual rendering) for a player the likes of Severson, is not at all out of the question.  Because, what EDM gets is salary dump and a fantastic prospect who played well his rookie year in Severson.  What the Devils get is a fragile, but high-upside center that could pair well with guys like Palmieri, Zacha, Boucher(???) and Blandisi and at a fair salary for the next few years $6M - 

Now, I would definitely get goose bumps if we can unload Zajac with Severson for RNH, and then go after Eriksson...but I'm allowed to dream right?

:D

• Like 1

Since they count as stupid and ridiculous rumors, Єklund (2.3% accurate) says we're in on Okposo. It's a shame, really, because I would have liked to get him.

31 minutes ago, Mitico12 said:

It is blatantly obvious that the formula Edmonton has used in the past few years has been clearly ineffective in getting that team to be successful.  I'm sure the conundrum presents itself every draft year where EDM has a high pick and basically picks up the most highly rated player in the draft with no regard for their actual team needs.  

This strategy has caught up with them and I'm sure Chiarelli has to right the ship at some point.

I wouldn't be surprised if Chiarelli is working on a deal that would set clear direction on what his team's mission is for the next three to five years.  With McDavid becoming the bonafide #1 center on the team, RNH will now have to play second fiddle - all this at $6M per season for the next five years.  You also have the likes of Hall, Eberle, Yakupov, Draisatl, Puljarvi, Kelfbom, etc. that will command significant chunks of EDM's salary space at some point during that time frame...

So, trading RNH (who is still valued on "potential" and not actual rendering) for a player the likes of Severson, is not at all out of the question.  Because, what EDM gets is salary dump and a fantastic prospect who played well his rookie year in Severson.  What the Devils get is a fragile, but high-upside center that could pair well with guys like Palmieri, Zacha, Boucher(???) and Blandisi and at a fair salary for the next few years $6M - 

Now, I would definitely get goose bumps if we can unload Zajac with Severson for RNH, and then go after Eriksson...but I'm allowed to dream right?

:D

RNH has proved that he would be a bona fide number 1 center on a lot of teams.  His big problem is that he's had injury issues and that at some point during the life of his deal, Edmonton will need to shell out big money to McDavid (I could see him getting an 8 year $80 million deal) and Draisatl. 

So it seems you can definitely buy pretty low on him right now. 

Don't we do this every year? Some big name gets dropped, we all speculate on packages and then they get traded to a team for way less than what we would have offered?

Quite frankly I'm already tired of the speculation... This has been about as boring a lead up to free agency as I've ever seen. And the draft couldn't have been more boring if they aired a test pattern in its place. Tons of rumors, no action whatsoever.

48 minutes ago, CarpathianForest said:

Don't we do this every year? Some big name gets dropped, we all speculate on packages and then they get traded to a team for way less than what we would have offered?

We Devils fans shouldn't really have anything to complain about. The Palmieri trade this time last year was one of the best trades made this past season. 30 goals, 27 assists, etc.; let's not pretend we're completely inactive this time of year.

Edited by DJ Eco
5 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Bob McKenzie:

EDM and NJD appear to be edging closer to completion of a trade involving Taylor Hall. Could be imminent. Not official yet.

WHAT

Screen Shot 2016-06-29 at 4.18.43 PM.png

I am hearing it is for Larsson.  Not sure how I feel about that.