Vegas on the verge

MadDog2020

9 minutes ago, thecoffeecake said:

The exact opposite is going to happen. I've said this before, but with salary inflation, Zajac's deal is already not looking so bad. Another few years it'll look significantly smaller with even greater salary inflation and an increasing cap. Besides, the guy had over 40 points and led the team in assists this season. Forget the non- superficial skills he has, he was a serviceable offensive piece. And for a guy that's supposed to need talent around him to succeed, he had a decent year on a pretty untalented team.

The salary cap has increased 3% since Zajac signed his deal in January 2013.  So, no, his deal is still looking bad.

Zajac had a good year for him offensively, but he played 20 minutes a game.   I don't think he can sustain this kind of offensive production going forward plus he's just an offense-killer in general.  He's without question a useful player and on a good team he'd get 16 minutes a game and would be a shutdown center, but the Devils are a 30th ranked offense in part because they give him 20 minutes a game. 

Zajac is going to get worse.  He already had a catastrophic season where he scored at a 4th line rate despite playing 19 minutes a game.  While I don't think that will happen again in the near future,  it's a harbinger of things to come.  Expecting him to repeat last year's production is foolish.  

1 hour ago, Triumph said:

The salary cap has increased 3% since Zajac signed his deal in January 2013.  So, no, his deal is still looking bad.

Zajac had a good year for him offensively, but he played 20 minutes a game.   I don't think he can sustain this kind of offensive production going forward plus he's just an offense-killer in general.  He's without question a useful player and on a good team he'd get 16 minutes a game and would be a shutdown center, but the Devils are a 30th ranked offense in part because they give him 20 minutes a game. 

Zajac is going to get worse.  He already had a catastrophic season where he scored at a 4th line rate despite playing 19 minutes a game.  While I don't think that will happen again in the near future,  it's a harbinger of things to come.  Expecting him to repeat last year's production is foolish.  

Yeah the deal definitely isn't good, but fortunately it shouldn't really hamstring us as I don't expect to be near the cap in the next few years. Perhaps in the last 2 years of the deal when henrique is ufa and we'd (hopefully) have some young kids that need raises it could be a problem but even then cammalleri  would be coming off the books to offset that.

On 06/24/2016 at 1:27 PM, Triumph said:

Top end centers get paid more every year, meaning comparables on his contract are fewer top end centers than 3 years ago, and that trend will continue through the duration of his contract. And I didn't say anything about the salary cap between 2013 and today.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Between the NHL shutting down any gambling references and the Owner's ties to Army, this was never going to be a great one.   I would have gone with Silver Knights, since Nevada is the Silver state, but whatever.    

I will say that the logo kinda sucks.   I've seen a lot of concepts on the internet that blow the real one away.   

Edited by Lateralous

From a design stand point, it really is a cheap shot to quickly alter a logo and claim it's superior then the original. You really never know how much work and research goes into creating that logo. I really don't mind this one but it's nothing spectacular either. I really dig the "V" for Vegas as the opening in the helmet. That being said, if your team name has the word "GOLDEN" in it, can you please make it GOLD colored and not a rustic, subdued, almost tan color? The colors are just kinda drab and when you think of Las Vegas, bright and vibrant colors come to mind. This reminds me of the "Vegas Gold" that Pittsburgh used for all those years that was a pale gold color (ironically enough, "Vegas Gold" was the actual name of the color) . Look how much more striking the Pens jerseys are now with the bright yellow, putting aside the actual design and nostalgia factor.

Anyways, wish they would brighten those colors up. Who knows, maybe it'll look more dynamic on the jersey they end up with.

Untitled-1.jpg

I fudged with the logo a bit. I'm very mediocre at this stuff, but you'll get the idea.

I'd drop the name to Vegas Knights and adjust the logo to make the sides of the shield resemble hockey sticks.

I dig the V in the logo and still think it works with my tweak.

Who do I send this to to get PAID!$! Ha!

vegas knights.jpg

39 minutes ago, eaglejelly said:

I guess its better than Golden Shower.

A City that has 2 words its name shouldn't have a team name that has 2 words as well. The whole name is more loke a sentence.

Honestly, I think that's why they dropped "Las" and are going just Vegas Golden Knights.

i love the logo, not fond of the name. I feel like in 6-10 years they'll be the Las Vegas Knights, which is what everyone is going to call them anyway.

(Still say Vegas Aces would have been awesome.)

20 minutes ago, thelastonealive said:

Honestly, I think that's why they dropped "Las" and are going just Vegas Golden Knights.

i love the logo, not fond of the name. I feel like in 6-10 years they'll be the Las Vegas Knights, which is what everyone is going to call them anyway.

(Still say Vegas Aces would have been awesome.)

Supposedly they had trouble getting trademarks and/or copyrights on the Knights name, and that's why they needed to added Golden to it.  The owner wanted Knights and/or Black Knights, but couldn't secure the legal rights to the names and had to move on.