Sign in to follow this  
redruM

Fantasy Football 2016

Am I missing something injury/suspension wise?

A) This is too early for this so I had to look up last season's thread to see who red had on his roster

B) I don't think Gurley's red's first choice for keeper

C) I think it's moot anyway since this league doesn't allow trading roster players pre-draft unless you use your keeper slot on them

Yea... that was my point.   I didn't understand why he would a) keep Gurley    to b) trade him for an 11th rounder.
Confusing our keeper rules by league is the explanation.   

Back to hibernation.

Of course my thought was someone might want to use Gurley as a keeper, he's a 4th rounder as a keeper, who might otherwise go in the 1st round, so I thought I'd try to get a better pick out of it, if that's against the rules here I did not know, but since hockey is over my head went to football!

Is it against the rules? 

Good to see we're hitting midseason form already. :)

Pretty sure I know who my keeper is, but always good to wait until the last possible moment to ensure he doesn't destroy his knee or something.

5 hours ago, redruM said:

Of course my thought was someone might want to use Gurley as a keeper, he's a 4th rounder as a keeper, who might otherwise go in the 1st round, so I thought I'd try to get a better pick out of it, if that's against the rules here I did not know, but since hockey is over my head went to football!

Is it against the rules? 

You only have control over one player.    So you can keep Gurley and trade him for a pick...   But then you can't keep anyone else.    So you'd be trading your 4th rounder (keeper Gurley)  for an 11th rounder.   Which doesn't make sense.

Hockey is different.    We maintain control of our roster until the draft.    And then all non keepers are released to it.   Your trade makes sense there.     You'd trade Gurley and get a pick back     And still be able to keep the players you want. 

We do this in other leagues (pre-draft trades), I see no reason we couldn't do it here, but as always a majority vote would be required (and I'd never make a trade without knowing my draft position either)

On 6/22/2016 at 6:57 PM, CRASHER said:

We do this in other leagues (pre-draft trades), I see no reason we couldn't do it here, but as always a majority vote would be required (and I'd never make a trade without knowing my draft position either)

We never had control of our full roster year over year.     He's saying he wants to keep player A from the 2015 roster...  and then trade player B from the 2015 roster to someone else to keep.      

I know what he wants, and technically all the rosters are locked and you have the right to keep anyone you want so you do kinda....sorta....pretty much hold the rights to these guys till they re-enter the draft pool, no harm in trying to take advantage of the assets he has.....

I could have sworn this was discussed a few years back but I can't find the posts...if trading roster players for pick upgrades pre-draft is now allowed my TE's are both available, really low keeper cost on both Reed/Barnidge who I didn't neccesarily plan on keeping anyway.

I feel we talked about this...    but even still, in the spirit; we certainly couldn't have it apply this offseason...  it's one of those vote on for next offseason moves; since it changes n roster management of 2015. 

1 hour ago, aylbert said:

I feel we talked about this...    but even still, in the spirit; we certainly couldn't have it apply this offseason...  it's one of those vote on for next offseason moves; since it changes n roster management of 2015. 

I don't care if we have to wait and it doesn't even matter to me if we do allow trades with non-keepers but I don't see how it changes anything about roster construction....people at the end of the season were either stashing keeper-worthy players or trying to win now depending on their spot in the standings.  Having that rule changed wouldn't affect that, either way the teams out of it were trying to stock up on as many keeper worthy players as possible.

Edited by NJDevs4978

On 6/26/2016 at 3:13 PM, aylbert said:

TOTALLY disagree and waiting on a good idea for an extra year like that is silly.....it's all on equal ground now anyway....no point in pushing the rule back for a year, since MAYBE one of these trades happen a season and it would be a Gurley-level player anyway

8 hours ago, MantaRay said:

Wow we starting early this year!!!  I like it!

.....and no....we're REALLY not....sh!t I even hit the "renew league" button late :P

13 hours ago, CRASHER said:

TOTALLY disagree and waiting on a good idea for an extra year like that is silly.....it's all on equal ground now anyway....no point in pushing the rule back for a year, since MAYBE one of these trades happen a season and it would be a Gurley-level player anyway

.....and no....we're REALLY not....sh!t I even hit the "renew league" button late :P

And it is a good idea...

On 7/6/2016 at 0:48 AM, CRASHER said:

I speaking of the trading/drafting banter.

Indeed we should, and a roll call of who's in is also in order...

Seems like everyone actually signed up for once, unless the league was just auto-renewed with everyone in it.

47 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Seems like everyone actually signed up for once, unless the league was just auto-renewed with everyone in it.

It might have, I'd prefer an actual confirmation from people in here if possible....if you commented in this thread I assume you are in.....so

In:

Me

Laflamme

Has

Bria

Ayl

Red

Out:

Unconfirmed:

DR

Manta

LCB

MJ

Masked

RSC

Manta commented here a couple weeks ago, he was chomping at the bit so I'd assume he's in the in column too.  The rest you'll probably have to hunt down since they don't like to look at this board till they're told the draft's actually starting :P

Edited by NJDevs4978