2016 Devils 1st Round Pick (#12) Michael McLeod

Didn't Ken Daneyko not even know what "New Jersey" was? Let's cut this 18 year old a break for not fully researching our team before he was drafted. I'm a die-hard hockey fan, but if I got drafted to Columbus when I was 18 I'd probably be like "I like.... Their... Colors!"

whether or not we'd like to admit it, the hockey world doesn't necessarily revolve around the New Jersey Devils (considering they haven't won a Stanley cup since this kid was like, 3)

• Like 3
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So you know when you go to a bar and see a dime? Like a real soslid ten and your friendskeep saying "duuuuude yiu totally have a shot at Keller" and ur like "lol no I don't" but in the back of ur head

Didn't Ken Daneyko not even know what "New Jersey" was? Let's cut this 18 year old a break for not fully researching our team before he was drafted. I'm a die-hard hockey fan, but if I got drafted to

Pretty good read from THN on McLeod: http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/article/new-jersey-prospect-mikey-mcleod-has-sizzling-speed-and-a-burn-to-win Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 06/25/2016 at 8:31 AM, SMantzas said:

Floor is a good 3C, ceiling an elite 2C or low-end 1C. I specifically had this guy on my Do Not Draft List, but am coming around after reading up on him. It really boils down that NJ liked him over Logan Brown, which seems to be a minority opinion.  He is a zone entry and zone exit freak so he should really help in transition. The most common criticism is that he needs to work on his shot. I think that's the easiest thing to work on IMO

McLeod was a 57% possession player in the six games I tracked. Had 36(!) controlled entries in those games. He's a play driver.

This is huge. Our zone entries are consistently horrible.

7 hours ago, Marshall said:

Because what I'm reading is a guy who doesn't really know how to use his speed.

It's a shame he's never really developed that skill with NHL coaching, and he's already way past his prime.

oh wait

On 6/26/2016 at 3:39 AM, Marshall said:

I can't help but think Mattias Tedenby about this guy. 

McLeod is 5" taller and has more than 10 pounds on him.

Half of Tedenby's problem early on was just that he was getting rag-dolled off the puck every time he had it. He was always too small and could never develop the confidence and skills needed to reach the next level. He never really got much bigger (and to Josefson's credit, he had similar problems, but I think he did bulk up) and never gained confidence. Then toward the end, Teddy would get into good positions to score but lacked that confidence to finish. 

Edited by DJ Eco

I do really look forward to our preseason games vs. the Rangers; watching McLeod fly by Girardi or Staal all game is going to be fun, whether he scores or not. Then you can send him back down, Shero!

Edited by DJ Eco
  • 2 months later...