Adam Larsson traded to EDM for Taylor Hall

SterioDesign

I always liked Larsson.  A 1st round pick has huge expectations.  But in then end he was simply the best looking D on a team of average D.

the point is we are in a position where you can & have to make the big deal to get us out of the offensive hole. 

And they'll always be another team willing to take a chance on Hall of he doesn't workout here.  Good Day for NJ !!

3 minutes ago, Devils Dose said:

The move also helps us with the expansion draft next year, doesn't it?

It allows us to sign a UFA Dman and be able to protect them. 

Before trade- we protect Greene, Severson, Larsson

After trade- we protect Greene, Severson, ?????

2 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Granted we shouldn't base our feelings off of how other fans react - but everyone seems to think we FLEECED Edmonton.

They're right.  Taylor Hall is a 1st line LW capable of scoring 40 goals and Adam Larsson is a shutdown/PK defenseman who can play 23 minutes a night but isn't blowing the doors off.

• Like 1

And I was just about to get a Larsson jersey, too...

All in all, I did not want to move Larsson, but this is a deal that if available, had to be made. I think Adam has developed very well the last year or two, but to get a stud forward and increase our scoring, I am ok with it. 

Good luck in Edmonton, Adam. Welcome to Hell, Taylor. 

3 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop though.  

Like we all jumped the gun thinking it's a one-for-one, I feel like there's gotta be a pick or piece involved.

No, it's confirmed 1 for 1, no salary retention.

• Like 1

Oilers needed a shutdown D badly.  They needed Larsson bigtime.  He will make them a better team even if in a vacuum he might not be the Lidstrom people thought he would.  

Hall is talented but does have some questions himself on maturity.  But on talent and skills he will make the Devils dangerous 5v5 and on the PP.  And he's 24.  And he and Henrique are friends and have chemistry.

Good feelings all around.

3 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop though.  

Like we all jumped the gun thinking it's a one-for-one, I feel like there's gotta be a pick or piece involved.

From what I've been reading... It's looking like a one for one... 

The thing is, McDavid is good enough that the Oilers could have gotten Jon Merill in this deal and they'll probably be a playoff team pretty soon.  In two years, McDavid could probably take an AHL team with an above-average goalie to the playoffs. 

I took a look on EDM, NYR and PHL Reddit pages and their fans are pissed/concerned. It's a good day. We've been screaming for some offense, this is a team friendly, good upside deal. Losing Larsson sucks, but you gotta give to get

• Like 1

I don't have twitter or even ANY social media, but I got a text from a friend that says Stamkos signed with the Bolts and Montreal and the Preds swapped Webber and Subban. Again, not saying these happened but I know someone on here can check both of these rumors out better than I can