Adam Larsson traded to EDM for Taylor Hall

SterioDesign

Just now, jim777 said:

I don't have twitter or even ANY social media, but I got a text from a friend that says Stamkos signed with the Bolts and Montreal and the Preds swapped Webber and Subban. Again, not saying these happened but I know someone on here can check both of these rumors out better than I can

all true

1 hour ago, TheMazz said:

Good luck backing up this AHL quality defense Cory. You're gonna need it.

Hopefully we get Shattenkirk or something to offset this blunder 

Well you know what? I'm sure if we ask Schneider what he'd pick between more goal support and a better D in front of him and it could be surprising

34 minutes ago, Toasterleavins said:

I need a moment.... I need a moment...

I think I'm okay with this... :unsure:

Big risk though if Larsson turns into a TRUE no1.

Well there's no risk cause Hall was a true first line guy since he stepped in the league

39 minutes ago, coldply123 said:

Oilers needed a shutdown D badly.  They needed Larsson bigtime.  He will make them a better team even if in a vacuum he might not be the Lidstrom people thought he would.  

Hall is talented but does have some questions himself on maturity.  But on talent and skills he will make the Devils dangerous 5v5 and on the PP.  And he's 24.  And he and Henrique are friends and have chemistry.

Good feelings all around.

true, but ask dallas how their bad boy move worked out, this is SWEEEEEET

I just can't believe it. The Devils just parlayed a #2 or #3 dman with limited offensive upside for a legit 24 year old superstar. Shero just paid .60 cents for a dollar.... franchise altering move.

NHL forwards, 2012-16, min 1,000 minutes, ranked by 5v5 PTS/60: 1. Sidney Crosby: 2.71 2. Jamie Benn: 2.54 3. Taylor Hall: 2.49

199 retweets 105 likes

This is better /60 production than guys like Malkin, Stamkos, Giroux, Seguin, Kane, etc.

Let me start out by saying that I'm gonna miss Lars. He really recovered after a tough start to his NHL career and became a very good player.  I wish him nothing but the best in Edmonton. However, how much of his rise had to do with Greene? Put anyone with AG and they seem to be a first pair guy. Whether it's Severson, Fayne or Larsson.

I get that Hall is a LW and we have Cammalleri, Boucher, Blandisi and others but you do what you can to get a star and worry about the rest later. You also have to think this means the end for Elias as he isn't a C anymore.
  • Like 2

Just now, Ralliart90 said:

Yeah it did. I have a feeling these two being reunited will unleash all kinds of havoc on the ice. 

Let's add Cam Fowler (as we are short of one D ! ) ... 

Full Spitfires mode !  

Just now, Martyisth3b3st said:

Sorry if this has been stated already, but what's the contract status on the new face-of-the-franchise?

also, it's easy to say what we lost. But, we have a young core group of promising forwards including Hall, Zacha, Henrique, Palmieri, Quenneville, McLeod (hell, even DSP) that could all be playing hockey for the Devils in 2 years. We knew we'd rebuild, eventually, but wow is this something to be excited about.

i own an Adam Larsson jersey. He was my favorite player. But you're blind as a bat if you think this isn't a great day to be a Devils fan.

I think 4 years left, 6M per.

1 minute ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

Sorry if this has been stated already, but what's the contract status on the new face-of-the-franchise?

also, it's easy to say what we lost. But, we have a young core group of promising forwards including Hall, Zacha, Henrique, Palmieri, Quenneville, McLeod (hell, even DSP) that could all be playing hockey for the Devils in 2 years. We knew we'd rebuild, eventually, but wow is this something to be excited about.

i own an Adam Larsson jersey. He was my favorite player. But you're blind as a bat if you think this isn't a great day to be a Devils fan.

We have him for 4 years at 6 million per. He's a UFA after that.