Adam Larsson traded to EDM for Taylor Hall

SterioDesign

I'll miss Larsson and I really hope he goes on to have success. With that said, I can't believe Shero was able to get this done as a straight swap. 2 people texted me and I thought they were joking. Absolutely excellent trade for NJ! Time for Severson, Merrill, and Santini to step up. Hoping they find a way to get Merrill on the left side this year.

41 minutes ago, Toasterleavins said:

Just in that a No1 D is more valuable than a No1 LW. That said I am happy with this trade.

Larsson's offensive game probably won't be where its needed to make this trade make sense for them in a one for one. He might get there based just on defense but that's also a major if but its more likely. Hall has shown he's really really good at this level so its hard not to be happy.

Also it would be more likely the Devils fill the hole left by Larsson leaving with in or even makeshift in free agency then getting the need that Hall was for us

Edited by roomtemp
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, CarpathianForest said:

Yeah, I was a bit sideways on his comments too..

I don't feel bad about it like he thinks it sucks coming here, just the idea of being traded in and of itself, that his GM would think it's worth getting rid of him.  I'd hope that only makes him that much better here.

36 minutes ago, thefiestygoat said:

I'll miss Larsson and I really hope he goes on to have success. With that said, I can't believe Shero was able to get this done as a straight swap. 2 people texted me and I thought they were joking. Absolutely excellent trade for NJ! Time for Severson, Merrill, and Santini to step up. Hoping they find a way to get Merrill on the left side this year.

I honestly think we'll all miss him, he is a fine young man who wanted to be here. We all watched him grow and develop and he is still classy kid. I honestly hope he turns into an even better player up there. Still, you have toi make that trade.

3 minutes ago, JSR said:

I don't feel bad about it like he thinks it sucks coming here, just the idea of being traded in and of itself, that his GM would think it's worth getting rid of him.  I'd hope that only makes him that much better here.

He's angry they traded him and not RNH or Eberle, I'd bet. Seriously, he was THE ONE guy they should NOT have traded to get D. Really unfathomable move - you gotta wonder what Yakupov is going to think when he gets up in the morning and finds out if no one woke him up to tell him yet. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

The more I see and hear from Shero the more I feel like this guy really just gets "it".

Did you catch when Stan Fischler (7:40) asked about the Devils backend... Shero said, "Outside of trading Adam, we are looking for an offensive minded Dman..."  lol I hope there's more "Offense Minded" coming to Newark over the 72 hours

• Like 1

Love the direction this team is going in now with the addition of Hall, this team really is getting faster and more dangerous, and I don't think Shero is done, I see one more significant move coming. The way it stands now this is how I see our forward lineup:

Hall - Henrique - Cammalleri
Boucher - Zajac - Palmieri
Blandisi - Zacha - Bennett
Kalinin - Josefson - Smith-Pelly

Obviously, way better than what we had here about 2 years ago, way faster and much more skilled.

23 minutes ago, CommonDreads said:

Love the direction this team is going in now with the addition of Hall, this team really is getting faster and more dangerous, and I don't think Shero is done, I see one more significant move coming. The way it stands now this is how I see our forward lineup:

Hall - Henrique - Cammalleri
Boucher - Zajac - Palmieri
Blandisi - Zacha - Bennett
Kalinin - Josefson - Smith-Pelly

Obviously, way better than what we had here about 2 years ago, way faster and much more skilled.

I'm still not sold on either Blandisi or Boucher, or Josefson for that matter, but that lineup doesn't look bad. 

Would be nice if Cammalleri can give us close to a full season. 

2 hours ago, Toasterleavins said:

Just in that a No1 D is more valuable than a No1 LW. That said I am happy with this trade.

Adam is not a true #1 D though, he couldnt even crack the Sweden lineup.

Well to me you got to be a true #1 you got to be able to contribute offensively and defensively like doughty or wtv. Adam was just a shut down D.

Edited by SterioDesign

6 hours ago, Triumph said:

This can't be one for one.  How is that possible?  What a huge win for NJ.

The only reason I'm quoting you:

At the draft I told you something big was going to happen cause I couldn't have any way to see it or something to that extent, happened today! haha

Edited by jagknife