Adam Larsson traded to EDM for Taylor Hall

SterioDesign

8 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

i can't help but think that a Hall for Weber trade would have made so much more sense? but wtv, im certainly happy with it hahaha

Nah, he's already 30. They got Larsson because he's 23, on a favorable contract until 2022 (he'll be 29). And the "invisible" piece of the trade is that they have the cap room to sign someone else at forward; or maybe Jason Demers.

We still fleeced them, no doubt. But the trade does make more sense than a lot of people are saying it does.

Edited by DJ Eco

Just now, DJ Eco said:

Nah, he's already 30. They got Larsson because he's 23, on a favorable contract until 2022 (he'll be 29). And the "invisible" piece of the trade is that they have the cap room to sign someone else at forward; or maybe Jason Demers.

ahhhh right right that's a good observation

wow. i don't even know where to begin.  I wasn't able to comment yesterday but just got done reading through all these comments- Derek21 great write up!

and this is a no-brainer to me, i love this trade. Lars was a solid player and i loved rooting for a guy we drafted.  He is a solid Dman but hasn't seemed to live up to the potential, especially on the offensive end.  Even defensively, though, i know i've seen him flat footed at times.

Now we have a superstar for the next 4 years at an extremely affordable price, unreal.  And we all know Shero isn't done. 

LGD!!

• Like 1

From HF: Friedman on radio this morning regarding the deal:

“And they just decided they needed that guy. And New Jersey held on. Held on. Finally, they threw Hall on the table. And even at the end, New Jersey played tough because Edmonton is gaining almost $2 million in cap space, and the Devils said, ‘We’re taking the extra cap space. We’re not adding anything else to this."

Outstanding job by Shero.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

“And they just decided they needed that guy. And New Jersey held on. Held on. Finally, they threw Hall on the table. And even at the end, New Jersey played tough because Edmonton is gaining almost $2 million in cap space, and the Devils said, ‘We’re taking the extra cap space. We’re not adding anything else to this."

unreal. this is an all-time move

16 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

That's just fantastic :)

EDMONTON OILERS TRADE FOR WRONG LARSSON

“We are currently in the process of trying to rescind the trade through the NHL Trade Appeal process” said Chiarelli. “It is really just a classic bait and switch maneuver by the Devils and we are not happy with the way things have been handled on their part.”

http://www.beerleaguetalk.com/edmonton-oilers-trade-for-wrong-larsson/

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

Dat take some major cajones, mang.

of course he knew who his opposite number was and knew he could hold out.

Edited by devlman
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Triumph said:

For some reason it won't let me quote you, 7, but 40 goals is absolutely within reach for Hall, though I agree that he won't hit that every year.

Hall has never scored 30. He isn't just a finisher but a playmaker. I would project 30-40-70 for him. 

11 hours ago, Neb00rs said:

Now the Devils have five forwards they absolutely need to protect with room for two more, and don't have to worry about losing a valuable d-man (Merrill, if he is resigned, is the best d-man we could lose). I know the roster will change a bit but this thinking most likely would retain its validity no matter what.

Do we have to burn a spot on Clowe because of his NMC?

"All players who have currently effective and continuing "No Movement" clauses at the time of the Expansion Draft (and who to decline to waive such clauses) must be protected (and will be counted toward their club's applicable protection limits)."

Hopefully Clowe will waive his clause, or the league will deem him ineligible per the career-ending injury section.

2 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

If I were to run into him today on the street, I'd kiss him. I'd kiss him right on the mouth.

Edited by DJ Eco