Adam Larsson traded to EDM for Taylor Hall

SterioDesign

1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

https://www.easports.com/nhl/news/2016/nhl-17-player-ratings-top-10-leftwing

Well Hall is rated 3rd best LW in NHL17. hopefully he lives up to that with that

Nice company to be in with that top 3.

I'm sure he has a chip on his shoulder over being traded. Could be what elevates his game to the next level. 

3 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Nice company to be in with that top 3.

I'm sure he has a chip on his shoulder over being traded. Could be what elevates his game to the next level. 

thats awesome.

but they also have Voracek rated the same overall as Hall (90)

I'm in my franchise in NHL16 and I tried to trade Larsson for Hall, and the reply was "I didn't become GM by making stupid decisions like that. Edmonton declines your offer".

i then offered Larsson + 1st round pick: nope.

Larsson + 2 1st round picks finally did it.

no idea why it's relevant; but damn if it isn't funny. 

Lmfao it actually said that? Can you screenshot it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, lucifer91 said:

@BizNasty2point0: Awesome first day @BioSteelSports camp. Big thanks to Taylor Hall aka @hallsy04 for the ride home. #ModestMan http://twitter.com/BizNasty2point0/status/767859082271322112/video/1
Shared via TweetCaster

Is Hall really driving a beater Jetta?  

I'm... impressed.  Because literally the first thing I'd do after signing a professional contract is buy a ridiculous car.

6 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I'm... impressed.  Because literally the first thing I'd do after signing a professional contract is buy a ridiculous car.

same but i'd buy a Delorean Time Machine and an Ecto-1 Ghostbusters car and just stare at them.  lol

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

He's probably had it since his junior days and just use it during the summer. I bet he had a sweeter ride in EDM.

6 minutes ago, Jerzey said:

Nice read up but I think I'll disagree with the author of the article calling the Devils "arguably the least talented line up top to bottom". 

Also not angry at all that he's excited about being close to NYC. Who wouldn't be with that much money?

Wait. People can enjoy the benefits of NYC without playing for the Rangers? Color me shocked!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Good read about Hall and how he's been dealing with the trade from The Hockey News: http://m.thn.com/blog/taylor-hall-says-the-honest-thing-not-the-right-thing-about-trade-to-devils/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting spin... I read the below article a few days ago and it has a more positive overall vibe - using the same quotes.  It's interesting how different the tone is:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/taylor-hall-not-easy-getting-oilers-trade/

Edited by LittleBallofHate

10 hours ago, LittleBallofHate said:

Interesting spin... I read the below article a few days ago and it has a more positive overall vibe - using the same quotes.  It's interesting how different the tone is:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/taylor-hall-not-easy-getting-oilers-trade/

Pretty sure Cammalleri hurt his jaw while giving those quotes.  Also hurt his forearms when he started talking with his hands.  He's going to be out for at least 12 weeks.

• Like 2

I still can't believe Shero pulled this trade off... It's like a kids eat free kind of thing....  Now, I hope Hall can get over getting dumped by his first gf and believe that his new one is actually... well, maybe not hotter but she's definitely going to give him more action. 

Hopefully people are willing to be patient with Hall...in other words, if he only has four goals through 20 games or so, don't start booing him.  

As long as the team is winning his leash will be longer. I think he's going to do pretty well. He's familiar with Henrique so that should help with that and the Devils are very well coached.... I think it's going to be an exciting season to be a Devils fan. 

46 minutes ago, capo said:

As long as the team is winning his leash will be longer. I think he's going to do pretty well. He's familiar with Henrique so that should help with that and the Devils are very well coached.... I think it's going to be an exciting season to be a Devils fan. 

I'm just hoping to get to the Playoffs. That would be pretty fvcking exciting. 

5 hours ago, capo said:

I still can't believe Shero pulled this trade off... It's like a kids eat free kind of thing....  Now, I hope Hall can get over getting dumped by his first gf and believe that his new one is actually... well, maybe not hotter but she's definitely going to give him more action. 

Okay, this really cracked me up haha

Hall interview "One on One with Taylor Hall":  http://oilersnation.com/2016/8/30/one-on-one-with-taylor-hall

Snippets: 

Hall: Well, it’s tough right now because I really haven’t played any hockey. I haven’t played a game in a Devil’s sweater. I think once that happens, once training camp starts and I get to know the players and the organization and I start getting familiar with the Eastern Conference then I think that it will be just like another game, another team that I’m playing for. But you know I watched all of my interviews during the BioSteel camp and everyone always asks me about Edmonton, they never ask me about New Jersey, so it seems like I’m complaining the whole time and I’m crying myself to sleep every night, which I’m not, of course. I’m looking forward to what I can do in Jersey for sure.

Gregor: I’ve had many Oilers fans wonder, and I realize it’s a long ways away, but when you’re a UFA in four years would you contemplate signing in Edmonton?

Hall: No, I don’t think that I would.

Gregor: I’ve always appreciated you’re very honest and rather than give the sit on the fence answer you’ll answer directly. I appreciate that.

Hall: Right now my focus is Jersey and playing my four years there, but I don’t think that I would come back.

I know his mind might change in 4 years but I'd be lying if I said the fact that he pointed out that he's focused on his 4 years in NJ has me a little worried that he doesn't plan on re-signing at this point. Why give the time limit at all? Still, 4 years is a pretty long time I guess and he could end up loving it here.

Edited by Jerzey