Adam Larsson traded to EDM for Taylor Hall

SterioDesign

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

Severson ain't going anywhere now.

Honestly I think Santini can become what we needed out of Larsson but we had no one to replace what Severson can potentially do. I'm happier with trading Larsson than Severson and I do hope he stays.

A little bummed because I liked Larsson and the way he was developing.  But we all bitch about needing some young offense constantly, and Shero just brought in that very thing. 

And of course this is just one move...it's probably not fair to judge it completely on its own.  Hope this is one we look back on and say "Damn, that was one hell of a deal!"

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Okay, after some thought I'm very happy with this deal.

I'm a huge, huge fan of Larsson and never even entertained the idea of trading him.  He looked like a legit Hedman-in-the-making after PDB was fired.

But you don't get guys like Hall without giving up something of significance.  Especially with the Henrique connection - this is huge.

Larsson was pretty good but he will never reach his pre draft projected ceiling. A Hedman he'll never be. And scoring wise he'll also never be the 40-50 point guy we thought we were getting.

This was an amazing trade.

• Like 1

Just now, '7' said:

Larsson was pretty good but he will never reach his pre draft projected ceiling. A Hedman he'll never be. And scoring wise he'll also never be the 40-50 point guy we thought we were getting.

This was an amazing trade.

The smattering of Oiler fan feedback I've seen so far can basically be summed up in three letters:

WTF

Just now, TheMazz said:

Good luck backing up this AHL quality defense Cory. You're gonna need it.

Hopefully we get Shattenkirk or something to offset this blunder 

C'mon...I liked Larsson too and am sorry to see him go, but at least give Shero the rest of the offseason to make more moves.  Who said he was done? 

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

The smattering of Oiler fan feedback I've seen so far can basically be summed up in three letters:

WTF

Oilers fans are infuriated, Rags fans are infuriated...that's all I need to know, lol.

• Like 2

Just now, TheMazz said:

Good luck backing up this AHL quality defense Cory. You're gonna need it.

Hopefully we get Shattenkirk or something to offset this blunder 

Correction, Severson better be the defender people like Triumph think he will be. No doubt that the defense has taken a hit with this trade, but it's something you have to pull the trigger on every single time.

Looks like the plan is now to try and outscore our opponents instead of letting them outscore us by only a little.   :evil:   Liked Larsson.  Love Hall.   The Pens and Hawks have proventhat speed kills and we just got a whole lot faster.    We drafted speed too.   Let's do this!